EDFL-Premier Division 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain of the club leaves after the club makes the first grand final in 10 years. so close to breaking a 30 year curse and then he leaves
Iconic personality- has left the club twice now to do what suits him. only came back when the riches of abers were on offer.
Would have taken a cut to go to Tulla.

Ouch! Didn't hold back on Mango.

A bit blunt perhaps but from the outside looking in it seems not far from the truth.
Anyone from Abers able to explain his departure?
He'll kill it in B grade.

Thought his form really took a dive in the second half of the year. May have been worried or been told he wouldn't be a lock for the ones next year possibly?

Thought his form really took a dive in the second half of the year. May have been worried or been told he wouldn't be a lock for the ones next year possibly?
Any news on Abers recruiting? Word is Andrew Browne from Keilor was offered $120,000 for 3 years. As Browne has since re-signed at Keilor, Abers must still have that cash to splash especially with Mangon leaving.

Ouch! Didn't hold back on Mango.

wasn't really meant to come out as a full criticism, to be honest more in shock of the decision & was just stating a few things.

I would have thought the whole return to the club was to a)win a flag, b)retire back at home.

it is only that he has left again that the thought previously posted come to mind i.e cash. if there as anymore info as to why he had left then please post.

he was captain of the club & him leaving because it might be a bit too hard as someone eluded to with his form is a pretty poor excuse & doesn't show the younger guys at the club the right way to do things. there may be other reasons & I hope there are because from what I am told he is a great guy.

wasn't really meant to come out as a full criticism, to be honest more in shock of the decision & was just stating a few things.

I would have thought the whole return to the club was to a)win a flag, b)retire back at home.

it is only that he has left again that the thought previously posted come to mind i.e cash. if there as anymore info as to why he had left then please post.

he was captain of the club & him leaving because it might be a bit too hard as someone eluded to with his form is a pretty poor excuse & doesn't show the younger guys at the club the right way to do things. there may be other reasons & I hope there are because from what I am told he is a great guy.

Fair comments. I'm not an Abers supporter, so I don't have anymore knowledge or insight into what has happened. Does seem a bit strange from the outside.

These are the facts from a very reliable source at Abers. Mango had a meeting with Mal, John Larkins and the club treasurer. He was asked to take a pay cut from well over a grand down to one gorilla. They still wanted him to be captain and mentor the next future captain. Mango said no to the pay cut and said if his contract wasn't the same for the following year he'd leve the club which was aparantly a very heated discussion. Reported that he didn't attend the presentation night. Playing with a mate at tulla. Fact!

well an other departure from Keilor copper has gone to deerpark and don't be surprise if there is more to come seen condos having a very interesting meeting with his Parkside mates and at coffee shop in keilor talking to a past junior captain what is happening down there like i said before no ground no players hopefully no President :)

well an other departure from Keilor copper has gone to deerpark and don't be surprise if there is more to come seen condos having a very interesting meeting with his Parkside mates and at coffee shop in keilor talking to a past junior captain what is happening down there like i said before no ground no players hopefully no President :)
Keep hearing about the President. Surely must be other issues as players usually don't get too involved with Presidents at clubs.

These are the facts from a very reliable source at Abers. Mango had a meeting with Mal, John Larkins and the club treasurer. He was asked to take a pay cut from well over a grand down to one gorilla. They still wanted him to be captain and mentor the next future captain. Mango said no to the pay cut and said if his contract wasn't the same for the following year he'd leve the club which was aparantly a very heated discussion. Reported that he didn't attend the presentation night. Playing with a mate at tulla. Fact!

The only fact in your post is he is playing with a mate at Tulla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only fact in your post is he is playing with a mate at Tulla.
Still waiting to hear about "blue" at Abers after G.F.? Bullshit?
re Mango : very poor year. Check Abers B&f votes - captain got 4 votes I think. How many goals? Edfl premier div beyond him now? If wasn't captain wouldn't have kept spot 2nd half and finals? Don't retire , you are retired for a long time. If legs etc OK , play div 1 or 2.
Also re Abers - A.Kefford - get fit! Could dominate. Use Craven up foward ( replace Mango).

Not bullshit at all, the blue was between 2 players an u18 and an assistant coach. Mango the instigator of the fight hit an u18 player, dan Connors has them stepped in on mangos side after the assistant coach stood up to him. Punches were thrown and had to be broken up. Interesting times down at abers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back