EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know the player being discussed but without knowing individual circumstances it's pretty rough potting blokes on forums like this. Maybe he just wants to play at the highest level he can for as long as he can. Maybe the cash is going toward a house or supplementing a young family's income. Maybe it's just punting money. Maybe he doesn't like the coach. Maybe a bloke's loaded so doesn't need extra coin and is happy to play for less at a club he likes. Perhaps it's a combination of these or other reasons. Everyone has different reasons for doing what they do in life and footy. How many on here would seriously knock back what could be anywhere from 3-30k, depending on ability, at a relatively young age out of loyalty to their employer?

Listen everyone it was not a personal attack on Mango, he is a good fella but I do question his etho's on his decision to leave because he can't be guaranteed a game in the 1's therefore won't be paid a huge amount, well over what he's worth(and for that matter most players are getting paid over the odd's to play local footy at the moment) and then try and make out that Abers is his home. By saying Abers is his home insinuates some kind of bond/loyalty which he has turned his back on. I couldn't care less what he get's paid, good luck to him but don't try and shove down our throat he still has Abers at heart because if he really did he would selflessly stay and help develope the good crop of youth coming through.
I suppose it just highlights the sad state of affairs local footy has become, where whoever pays the most wins and the clubs that can't pay 300k will fight relegation. Money on offer these days has wiped out just about all loyalty. Gone are the days where you grew up in your suburb and were proud to represent that suburb every Saturday- that's real local footy
Mango - You are a fair dinkum bloke who has been around, so you know where I'm coming from. You have been a great servant on and off the field at Spotty & Abers and I sincerely wish you the best at Tulla, but when you leave Abers for a 2nd time, your words of Abers being "home" hold little weight.
Good luck mate.

All you do gooders get off my back

Hearing Douttas signed 4 x Sunbury players last night. Cheep, Clarke, Sleight, Lobb. All premiership players in 2012.
Not true. Rumour they have been offered plenty to play up bush somewhere. Stay tuned to your bigfooty dial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Don't forgot Stanks, Day, Trajkovski,
Player are leaving because the president has no idea on how to talk to players first thing he tells them you are not getting the same money as last year. its just the way he talks to them that makes them angry.
everybody just cant wait for the AGM to vote him out there IS a big ticket from a past Premiership coach and past premiership player thats is back on board and is going to take over the club and bring it back to the Glory days and a powerhouse side again poor old Mighty Mick must be thinking what on earth is happening

Garthy gone to play with a few mates

Armstrong has left

Cartelli and Cooper for $$$

these things happen, life goes on
Hey Blue Bhoy, Nero fiddled as Rome burnt down around him. You sound the same. How can you say "these things happen, Life goes on?" Then make excuses like players going with mates and for dollars? There are massive problems down there and we keep hearing that the current board are to blame. When is the AGM?

Add these Paco players to that departure list = Davies, Mullens, Boyall, McLoed, McMeakin, Feartherstone.

That's around 16 players that have walked out, possibly more ......
Surely taking the piss now. Accept 4-5 players leave that's standard player turnover. Can't believe the club is that toxic 16 players would leave.

Yes Mango, it was clear that you were past it from your performances last year and that the club would not pay you to play next season. It is understood that YOU are not ready to play reserves just yet but that is being very selfish which seems to be a common theme with you. To do the right thing would be to stay at Abers, help the developement of these "good youth" and contribute to the club without the expectation of them lining your pockets.
It is your choice to leave and cash in at B Grade level, get overpaid without having to put in the effort.
You say you will be back at Abers because that's your home? Funny way to treat your own home, obviously you put your own interests before the Club. Abers don't need or want your shallow best wishes!
In saying that you are a ripping bloke, fun to be around, a great personality around the club, but you can't shit in the clubs face by leaving after being told you are taking a huge pay cut and expect everyone to be alright about it. You show ZERO loyalty
Good Luck next year, I hope you enjoy Tullamarine
I can see both sides here, I think Mango has done the right thing by the club by trying to hose things down & put things into perspective, I respect his post in admitting he is past his best, I can also see that Bang 50 loves his club & doesn't like losing players, there are to sides to this discussion that shows what a great game we have, but times have changed.

Garthy gone to play with a few mates

Armstrong has left

Cartelli and Cooper for $$$

these things happen, life goes on

Armstrong - Feels like he has given good service(which he has), time to leave but has no qualms with the club, have been good to each other
Cooper big $$'s at Deer Park - he just can't knock back that offer, no-one would
Cartelli - He is actually getting a lot less $$'s at Avondale than what Keilor were paying him, reason he is going there is to play with his best mates - Tanner & Dimmartina.
Garth - Has given all he can at Keilor, can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, time to move on while he still has some good footy to play

So these things do happen, not sure what Keilor could've done to keep them?

How much Money is Aberfeldie going to spend for next year trying to buy a premership?
Who ever is in charge of recruiting the past 3 years needs to stand down no idea!
First thing they need to do is get rid of Johns , waste of a lot of money or cut him down by half.

At least Greenvale spend huge money but they are very smart on who they recruit.

Bit rich coming from a Marby supporter Mick. Worry about your own club...unless you want me to start making public some of the things I know are going on down there.

Would be very surprised after such a great year in 2013. Can you expand on "mass exodus?"

Not true 95% of players retained (5% Retirements & 1 player moved interstate for work)
AGM last Monday night made a profit even with increased player budget
Full committe list retaining 95% of 2013 committe
Monday also officially opened new 1.5 million club renovations
Additional top up players are TBC in near future (Watch this space)
Looks like over all AW are going ganbusters on and off field rather that your gloom & doom!!!!

Would be very surprised after such a great year in 2013. Can you expand on "mass exodus?"

Not true 95% of players retained (5% Retirements & 1 player moved interstate for work)
Looks like over all AW are going ganbusters on and off field rather that your gloom & doom!!!!

Armstrong - Feels like he has given good service(which he has), time to leave but has no qualms with the club, have been good to each other
Cooper big $$'s at Deer Park - he just can't knock back that offer, no-one would
Cartelli - He is actually getting a lot less $$'s at Avondale than what Keilor were paying him, reason he is going there is to play with his best mates - Tanner & Dimmartina.
Garth - Has given all he can at Keilor, can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, time to move on while he still has some good footy to play

So these things do happen, not sure what Keilor could've done to keep them?

spot on.

they will get new players in and the world will keep on spinning....

Wasn't my gloom and doom....why don't you read the post. It was in response to Warna99 post!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back