EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit rich coming from a Marby supporter Mick. Worry about your own club...unless you want me to start making public some of the things I know are going on down there.

At least when we had a crack we recruited well and won 3 flags mate.
Thats my point!!!!!
Maybe you should put more input into your club, and Yes please tell us what you think you know is happening at Marby its a free forum Pal.

And good luck to you Mick it was a great effort and great recruiting before that you were bottom of b grade so cant begrudge you success
All I heard was that Brodie is getting sick of the budget being decreased yet again...nothing major I guess

Official word is that Philpot and Smith from Marby gone to Barooga in the Murray Football League. Huge loss! Can Marby fill the loss of these players. Huge gain for Barooga who are tipping a fair bit of cash into there 2014 campaign.

Not true 95% of players retained (5% Retirements & 1 player moved interstate for work)
AGM last Monday night made a profit even with increased player budget
Full committe list retaining 95% of 2013 committe
Monday also officially opened new 1.5 million club renovations
Additional top up players are TBC in near future (Watch this space)
Looks like over all AW are going ganbusters on and off field rather that your gloom & doom!!!!

How can you make a profit?? Surely the club doesn't make 300,000 + a year to make a profit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good inclusions for EDS after the losses of Lobb, Rayson and Dahl. Those 4 players helps them leapfrog Pacco, Keilor and Marby who all sound like they will have a high turnover of players.

I can see how APW could make a profit considering they are a fast expanding club with large supporter base, good facilities, have had a really good first season, have a lot of people helping out, sponsorship, decent juniors etc.

Armstrong - Feels like he has given good service(which he has), time to leave but has no qualms with the club, have been good to each other
Cooper big $$'s at Deer Park - he just can't knock back that offer, no-one would
Cartelli - He is actually getting a lot less $$'s at Avondale than what Keilor were paying him, reason he is going there is to play with his best mates - Tanner & Dimmartina.
Garth - Has given all he can at Keilor, can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, time to move on while he still has some good footy to play

So these things do happen, not sure what Keilor could've done to keep them?

This is the most accurate post on the player movements at Keilor. No doubt the club wanted to keep these guys. In saying this there needed to be change only problem is you can't always get what you want.

This is the most accurate post on the player movements at Keilor. No doubt the club wanted to keep these guys. In saying this there needed to be change only problem is you can't always get what you want.
It's harder to get what you want when the club environment makes players not wanting to stay. Your view is very Keilor and I respect that but the reality is a core group of players want to go to a new club because they also don't see a future for them at the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's harder to get what you want when the club environment makes players not wanting to stay. Your view is very Keilor and I respect that but the reality is a core group of players want to go to a new club because they also don't see a future for them at the Blues.
Digressing from the Keilor situation, any news on greenvale coach? Mcfee? Bicer?paxman?

With some clubs about to start pre season next week do we know if Greenvale have a coach yet?

Also is Rose really unhappy about taking a pay cut and on the move??

With some clubs about to start pre season next week do we know if Greenvale have a coach yet?

Also is Rose really unhappy about taking a pay cut and on the move??

Nothing yet regarding the Greenvale coach, it's expected to be announced in the next week.

The story is that Rose is unhappy with the terms of his contract being changed to fit in the other big signings Avondale are making, how true it is I'm not sure.

Nothing yet regarding the Greenvale coach, it's expected to be announced in the next week.

The story is that Rose is unhappy with the terms of his contract being changed to fit in the other big signings Avondale are making, how true it is I'm not sure.

Yeah, Greenvale by all reports have 3 candidates to choose from, all will be suitable.

Rose unhappy? Saw him a week ago and he was saying how wrapped he was to be playing with a group of his best mates again, so without knowing where that rumour came from I would say it is total crap..

Yeah, Greenvale by all reports have 3 candidates to choose from, all will be suitable.

Rose unhappy? Saw him a week ago and he was saying how wrapped he was to be playing with a group of his best mates again, so without knowing where that rumour came from I would say it is total crap..
Who do you here are the candidates for the greenvale role?

Plenty of pre season news circulating - have to love silly season!!

Firstly, we're travelling nicely at Abers..

Airport West done well to secure both Ryan & Josh Houlihan beating Pacco to the punch.

Greenvale keen on McPhee however asking for $12K more than Rocky was on - big bump.

As previously stated the Jets lose some genuine depth in Bloomfield and J. Kent with several others heading over to Brazil for the World Cup mid season which will upset things a little in the lead up to another finals campaign.

Strathmore recruiting well with Alex Grima (South Fremantle), a couple from Hoppers, Fitzy returning and David Hille very close.

Big trouble at northern saints lots of players leaving, could get very ugly in 2014 they should probably consider rejecting promotion for the good of the club

Plenty of pre season news circulating - have to love silly season!!

Firstly, we're travelling nicely at Abers..

Airport West done well to secure both Ryan & Josh Houlihan beating Pacco to the punch.

Greenvale keen on McPhee however asking for $12K more than Rocky was on - big bump.

As previously stated the Jets lose some genuine depth in Bloomfield and J. Kent with several others heading over to Brazil for the World Cup mid season which will upset things a little in the lead up to another finals campaign.

Strathmore recruiting well with Alex Grima (South Fremantle), a couple from Hoppers, Fitzy returning and David Hille very close.

Can you shed some light on Abers recruiting.
I have read that other clubs are quite active but not much from 'noise' coming from Clifton Park.

Big trouble at northern saints lots of players leaving, could get very ugly in 2014 they should probably consider rejecting promotion for the good of the club

If they rejected their promotion, which would seem unlikely, what other club currently in Division 1 could step up and be more competitive?

Why
why the trouble? Wouldn't the promotion attract players not lose? Is Nat Caruso coaching?

Is the rumor right that teal has resigned and rodney callahan has taken over as president can anyone shed any light ? with all the outs something had to give.

Why
why the trouble? Wouldn't the promotion attract players not lose? Is Nat Caruso coaching?
The same old story of players happy to stay in second division rather than go up. Are the Caruso looking at VFL opportunities? Could be back to the days of clubs coming up only to go straight back down? Hopefully not for the comp but it sadly looks that way. Can a club reject promotion is that in the constitution?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back