EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Eds resigned 95% of 2016 list from what I've heard. But haven't got anything on the way of new players coming in!

There are a few ex eds juniors that played seniors at Bernard's last couple of years surely they will be targeted? Really need a ruckman in my opinion if that's all they get.

Eds resigned 95% of 2016 list from what I've heard. But haven't got anything on the way of new players coming in!

There are a few ex eds juniors that played seniors at Bernard's last couple of years surely they will be targeted? Really need a ruckman in my opinion if that's all they get.

Kazuro and Schroder from bernards to douttas doing the rounds around the area atm

both two good gets if true

Is that ex Geelong Schroder?

Yes mate it's Jordan Schroder. I've heard that also and will be 6 points. Agree you will need to find a ruckman or 2 though.

Just on ruckman surely this comp has the best big men going around. It's like if you haven't got a good one you are going to struggle to compete.
Cam Wood will dominate in the ruck and if moved forward will be difficult to contain as has a great set of hands. If Avondale can find another tall backman and mid sized quick outside midfielder, as well as convince Byrne to stay, they will bounce back in 2017.

Abers very quite for this time of the year which is very unlike Abers. Will they fall back a bit and go with youth?? Not a bad idea!!

Paco building nicely I hear. Just filling in the missing pieces to the puzzle, as like Douttas, Avondale and Strathmore must be careful of how they manage there lists with points. Stay tuned for more details and possibly another "big" signing..

Herald Sun leader local footy just reporting that ex AFL player Cameron Wood joined Avondale for 2017 season

It's a great pick up no doubt & well done to them!

They have however lost Byrne, Stretton & Davies. Unsure if O'Dwyer and Smith have re-committed. Hopefully for them this gives the momentum they need to attract a few

Good get by Avo , tipping he was chased by a lot of clubs... Talking to a bloke at the Pub who's mates with an Avo player, he told me yes , there are 4 or 5 leaving but they have a New Pres and committee who want to steer the club back in the right direction and set it up for susataiability ...
They will need a lot more than a new ruckman and coach if they want 2017 to be a better year than 2016
Bloke at the Pub who has never let me down with the mail.
Abers - Patak , Lynch and a host of others 100% leaving but not announcing as it is well known if they do tell the club they are leaving they will be paid last and after the debacle of last year where they were only paid at r4 2016 for last season, and now owed for last 8 games this year they want their cashola before tagging out of the place. By all reports they can't wait to get out of the joint!
Avo - After a disastrous season have new committee and football structure. Byrne leaving hurts but he's going back home up the country to finish off his career, no hard feelings. Davies and Stretton leaving doesn't hurt as much. Recruited Wood, 5 ex juniors going back(1 pointers) , New coach and support staff expected to bring in another 6-8 players... They are coming from a long way back though , finals would be a pass
Mores - Expected to be the big improver , N Grima will play , Cachia is a gun , MacIntosh knows the comp now, expect him to dominate , Firrito will not be beaten. Add classy midfield Horne , Iaocca - early flag favs
Keilor - Losing 6 from their GF side including Bathie , Isbister, Putt, Cartelli(moving to O Grove), plus 8-10 from their reserves side(6 to St Albans).
West Coburg - Recruiting nicely and keeping full list - relying on their 19-22yo's to continue to develop - they are going about it the right way.

That's all I've got at the moment

Yes mate it's Jordan Schroder. I've heard that also and will be 6 points. Agree you will need to find a ruckman or 2 though.

Just on ruckman surely this comp has the best big men going around. It's like if you haven't got a good one you are going to struggle to compete.
Cam Wood will dominate in the ruck and if moved forward will be difficult to contain as has a great set of hands. If Avondale can find another tall backman and mid sized quick outside midfielder, as well as convince Byrne to stay, they will bounce back in 2017.

Abers very quite for this time of the year which is very unlike Abers. Will they fall back a bit and go with youth?? Not a bad idea!!

Paco building nicely I hear. Just filling in the missing pieces to the puzzle, as like Douttas, Avondale and Strathmore must be careful of how they manage there lists with points. Stay tuned for more details and possibly another "big" signing..
Schroder not 6 points last played AFL 2013

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read on the GV forum that Mangan has left Strathmore for Kyabram. I'm hearing not everything going smoothly at SM as they need to move players on to accommodate the big recruits on high points and high $$. SM beat a few clubs to sign Mango to a good deal and then do the dirty on him after 1 year. I'm guessing Firrito is replacing him, just don't like how it was handled. Bit like another player from 2015 who they chased hard with a huge offer only to give him the sarsaparilla after 1 season.

Yes all clubs offer players good money, BUT when you offer players the type of dollars that can't be matched you should treat them better than that. Yes people will blame the players, however the truth is it's not the players making the first move it's the club. Sooner or later you might want to look at different methods rather than just make the biggest bid. This "in" part is why the salary cap needed to be introduced.

Just read on the GV forum that Mangan has left Strathmore for Kyabram. I'm hearing not everything going smoothly at SM as they need to move players on to accommodate the big recruits on high points and high $$. SM beat a few clubs to sign Mango to a good deal and then do the dirty on him after 1 year. I'm guessing Firrito is replacing him, just don't like how it was handled. Bit like another player from 2015 who they chased hard with a huge offer only to give him the sarsaparilla after 1 season.

Yes all clubs offer players good money, BUT when you offer players the type of dollars that can't be matched you should treat them better than that. Yes people will blame the players, however the truth is it's not the players making the first move it's the club. Sooner or later you might want to look at different methods rather than just make the biggest bid. This "in" part is why the salary cap needed to be introduced.
Finishing 7th and missing finals twice since winning a flag in 2014 would suggest they needed to serious changes to their list which they seem to have done very well this off season! There were many questioning how they could fit all the big recruits under the salary cap and that they would struggle to come under the points each week some even suggesting they could be the first club to be caught breaching the cap, so it makes perfect sense to move a player worth high points and on a big salary! cachia will be the best recruit of the year and will go close to the comp medal and firrito will dominate down back. If i was a strathmore person I would be pretty excited with the list being put together for 2017

Finishing 7th and missing finals twice since winning a flag in 2014 would suggest they needed to serious changes to their list which they seem to have done very well this off season! There were many questioning how they could fit all the big recruits under the salary cap and that they would struggle to come under the points each week some even suggesting they could be the first club to be caught breaching the cap, so it makes perfect sense to move a player worth high points and on a big salary! cachia will be the best recruit of the year and will go close to the comp medal and firrito will dominate down back. If i was a strathmore person I would be pretty excited with the list being put together for 2017
Spot on. If something doesn't work you fix it quickly . The Points and cap make this even more important . Players on 5 and 6 points must deliver in a big way . Too many players from AFL and VFL come back and get into cruise mode. Those days are over.

Turbo can i just make sure i'm understanding this right for everyone's piece of mind.
It's ok for Pacco to lose players who are on big money but if it happens at any other club they have stuffed up and treated any such player unfairly.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back