EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha. Good one boys. Just trying to raise some interest in this thread by applying some banter. But honestly they do seem to have a reasonable list but just can't string some wins together. If they would have beat Strathmore they would have found oxygen again but agree the season is over.

Interesting comment regarding keeping certain players. Oh yes the points system is great in that you are probably forced into holding players on low points and paying them good coin as you can't replace with outside players.
On the subject of homegrowns who have left, most have left because they don't want to commit to playing premier footy and sought dollars above their value.. It's a 2 way street in that you can't bow down and pay them overs..

Yes the so called bigger clubs are doing well again but they should be under the points system. But is this what people want to see??? Do players want to play for sides that win every week or would they prefer to create some history and great memories that last forever if they could get a "medium" club a premiership.. Thst to me is a lot more special now and in years to come. If not why doesn't every player just go to the clubs with the biggest spending budgets like Deer Park (WRFL) Balwyn (EFL) not to mention 2-3 clubs in our EDFL comp.

I don't begrudge these clubs as such, but don't like some things that go on behind the scenes with enticing players.

How many clubs can afford to play someone like Alister Kefford in the reserves! and his a 1 pointer..

And for 1 or 2 imbeciles who have made comments regarding "it couldn't happen to a nicer club" you have little idea on the league or footy. Spend an arvo down at Pacco amongst the inner circle and then go to some other clubs (beside your own) and then comment independently or would you rather some clubs come up from other divisions?? Lol. Nothing worse than reading comments from people who hang off others at the footy and have little idea of what happens..
Interesting points you raise but i would like your opinion on the coaching down at Raeburn. I always considered Pacco to be one of the hardest teams to coach against as they have so much talent that can hurt you in different ways. A brilliant midfield and gun forwards before you even get to Polizi, Jackson and Soncin who i think are their most dangerous players forward of 50. What has happened to take a team that looked like it had improved from last season with ANdersen, Peart and Hardingham to name three? I know Warren has left and that takes 80 goals away but surely you would have though hardingham was a good replacement. Thoughts?

Oddball, I was keeping my words to a minimum with that comment as wanted to say more. NOW another stupid ridiculous comment towards Pacco. I can probably guess who you are..

Everyone there knows those 2 people you mentioned. Both good loyal people who go out of there way to say hello and help with things. But there are a few others there that spend countless hours helping the club they love, like what happens at other clubs. But they do need more helpers. They have worked extremely hard on building juniors and now have 3 under 11 sides going quite well. Let's not forget these volunteers..
It's a great club who treat people with respect but not one of the bigger powerful clubs who seem to get bigger numbers into there rooms on a Thursday & Saturday. It seems you don't like that they are trying to battle it out with these bigger clubs (well really they were forced to after other clubs in premier went crazy spending $$) however it's a bit like David v Goliath..Why would anyone criticise them for having a crack is beyound me.

With regards to there position on the ladder it's very disappointing and changes need to happen but I won't go into my opinions on that other than to say they probably didn't recruit the right players in someway. Maybe they were hoping Hardingham was going to do it ALL up forward but they lack a tall strong "old fashion" forward (Wells / Tydell would be handy) to help him, and a big bodied midfielder with body strength (like a Cachia/Schroder/Cubilla type) and it would make a huge difference. There backline has surprised me as they probably lack a permanent fullback.. Plus there "marquee" players do need to lift at times and stop these last quarter goal differences. That's all I will say without going into specifics..

Can you name any homegrowns playing for other clubs that would slot into premier league standard. Divine at Tulla?? Meroli at Glenroy?? I'm not convinced however one of those Meroli boys got my attention playing for Pacco in 2014. He looked ok playing CHF / CHB. Wouldn't M.Watson make a huge difference, but he still harbours ambition to play higher and good on him.

They do seem to have a decent batch of kids in some lower grades but this points system has come in at a bad time for clubs like Pacco. Some clubs are paying junior coaches and hearing payments not limited to coaches. Not all clubs agree that is the best path to follow..
Ex Paco Juniors- Jack Mac. the truck ( St Bernards ex Abers ) Victor Carboni ( Abers )

Fletcher named in Doutta's squad, Chappy also named in Greenvale squad "again". Anyone know how many games Chappy has played and how many games are required to qualify for finals?

Fletcher named in Doutta's squad, Chappy also named in Greenvale squad "again". Anyone know how many games Chappy has played and how many games are required to qualify for finals?

4 games to qualify for finals. Chapman has only played 1 so far but still plenty of games to go.

Will Fletcher actually play ? Shylo Smith also in the squad for Douttas having only played the 2 games this year.

Keilor vs Douttas was a cracking game of footy and it was very obvious how much it meant to both sides. They clearly dont like each other.

Umpiring was horrendous and Keilor definitely had the better of it but Douttas did get a couple of shockers go their way also.

Keilor wasted plenty of chances early in the game with Galea probably the worst offender. Reckon he would have missed 4 or 5 very getable set shots.

Douttas had a very tall ruckman (number 35) that i hadn't seen before which allowed Ronaldson to spend a lot of time up forward where he was very good. However as always Browne was the general for Keilor.

Both sides had a crack but are both slightly off the pace as far as finals go. Cant see either making it.

Keilor vs Douttas was a cracking game of footy and it was very obvious how much it meant to both sides. They clearly dont like each other.

Umpiring was horrendous and Keilor definitely had the better of it but Douttas did get a couple of shockers go their way also.

Keilor wasted plenty of chances early in the game with Galea probably the worst offender. Reckon he would have missed 4 or 5 very getable set shots.

Douttas had a very tall ruckman (number 35) that i hadn't seen before which allowed Ronaldson to spend a lot of time up forward where he was very good. However as always Browne was the general for Keilor.

Both sides had a crack but are both slightly off the pace as far as finals go. Cant see either making it.
No surprise there. In 20 years of watching EDFL, in my opinion Keilor almost always get the better of the umpiring ( usually at a ratio of about 3 to 1 ).

Last edited:
But will he be rostered on weekends therefore he will miss footy this season?
No problems there Turbo, club have stipulated to the Fire Brigade that whilst he plays for Strathmore he is only to be rostered on duty between 8.00 AM and 4.00PM Monday to Friday. That way his job shouldn't interfere with his football.

No surprise there. In 20 years of watching EDFL, in my opinion Keilor almost always get the better of the umpiring ( usually at a ratio of about 3 to 1 ).

I wholeheartedly agree Stax.

Think they give the Umpires a voucher before the game for a Schnitzel Roll and drink after the game. Tried to buy one the other week and they were sold out but I seen 6 there in a box with Umpires written on it., Think I might have seen some pineapple notes under the rolls to.. Lol

I wholeheartedly agree Stax.

Think they give the Umpires a voucher before the game for a Schnitzel Roll and drink after the game. Tried to buy one the other week and they were sold out but I seen 6 there in a box with Umpires written on it., Think I might have seen some pineapple notes under the rolls to.. Lol

DS can't complain about umpiring. Simply out coached , Mick the master too good for Wallis the whingher!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should have seen the one sided umpiring at Marby vs Strathmore.
Frees where 30 Strathmore 11 Marby , plus some pretty ordinary decisions.
Cost Marby the game.
Strathmore had a great run via the umpires!!!
They get looked after nearly as good as Keilor!!

You should have seen the one sided umpiring at Marby vs Strathmore.
Frees where 30 Strathmore 11 Marby , plus some pretty ordinary decisions.
Cost Marby the game.
Strathmore had a great run via the umpires!!!
They get looked after nearly as good as Keilor!!
If those free kick numbers are correct then "about bloody time"!. We normally get routinely reamed by the umpires. No one, but no one gets looked after like Keilor though. Do Teals still sponsor the umpires?

Seriously though, 30 to 11 is a huge disparity, even allowing for the fact that free kick numbers don't necessarily have to be even.

Last edited:
I have given up on the umpires. I think it could be a case if "Have whistle! Must blow!" They made a lot of mistakes in the Greenvale v Abers game which was a really good contest. Abers may have got beaten but you can see why they are so highly rated. Reimers got beaten and still kicked 5. Toy was really good and they have a side full of talent. I would not be surprised if that was the GF preview.

Sick of the talk about umpires and the so called influence they have on games every weekend. Seems like no team wins a game of footy without the the help of them. I understand that they are not perfect, they make mistakes. But you can't tell me that each of the teams you all follow don't make mistakes either, players miss easy goals, slip easy tackles, have off days kicking the footy resulting in turnovers each and every game, But you never once bring that into the equation. As a player in the league, it's fustrating I know, but if my teammate makes a mistake you have to get over it quickly and continue on with the game. Surely it's not that hard to do it as supporters too. It's tuff and hard footy out there, let's just enjoy what's on show and get over the little things. You'll probably find players make more mistakes in a game of footy then the umpires but you won't get stuck into them after a game when your having a beer with them in the club rooms.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sick of the talk about umpires and the so called influence they have on games every weekend. Seems like no team wins a game of footy without the the help of them. I understand that they are not perfect, they make mistakes. But you can't tell me that each of the teams you all follow don't make mistakes either, players miss easy goals, slip easy tackles, have off days kicking the footy resulting in turnovers each and every game, But you never once bring that into the equation. As a player in the league, it's fustrating I know, but if my teammate makes a mistake you have to get over it quickly and continue on with the game. Surely it's not that hard to do it as supporters too. It's tuff and hard footy out there, let's just enjoy what's on show and get over the little things. You'll probably find players make more mistakes in a game of footy then the umpires but you won't get stuck into them after a game when your having a beer with them in the club rooms.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You should get down to Doutta's and give them a talking too

You should get down to Doutta's and give them a talking too

Hey bang my old mate, where have you been?

Maybe this "player" who apparently posted this is from Douttas as I know a few of them read big footy. Must admit I'm not sure players (if in fact it's a player) would read, let alone post on big footy..

Hey bang my old mate, where have you been?

Maybe this "player" who apparently posted this is from Douttas as I know a few of them read big footy. Must admit I'm not sure players (if in fact it's a player) would read, let alone post on big footy..

G'day Turbs ol' Pal.. I've been around champ , keeping a low profile. Your mob Hillside will win B Grade , take it from ol' Bang right here and now!!!!

On Doutta's, sick to death of hearing them whinge, they dobbed your bloke Foster in. It was a good hard game Saturday, whoever lost would've been stiff but pointing the finger at the umpires makes me sick

G'day Turbs ol' Pal.. I've been around champ , keeping a low profile. Your mob Hillside will win B Grade , take it from ol' Bang right here and now!!!!

On Doutta's, sick to death of hearing them whinge, they dobbed your bloke Foster in. It was a good hard game Saturday, whoever lost would've been stiff but pointing the finger at the umpires makes me sick

I've been guilty of giving Umpires a slapping on here as well, but think the problem lies with clubs educating supporters about respect and a strong president/committee to stamp this behaviour out. I get to some junior games and what I see is quite disturbing.

Supporters actually walking around inside the ground perimeter fences.
Runners rarely leaving the ground or if they do then it's the water guy or trainer that stays on the ground. And this is happening at the bigger clubs. It's bloody disgraceful what these clubs do to flaunt the rules.
They know what there doing and really deserve a good whack to learn there lesson but that doesn't help the situation. Some people need to grow up..

These clubs think they are so good, and the league won't do anything about it. Yes we often hear about incidents at some of the clubs with so called bad reputations but it's often the so called "better" clubs that just care about winning and nothing else. The league needs to stamp these clubs as I can see trouble brewing approaching finals and these clubs will say we did nothing wrong.

On Douttas I'm not sure if it's the ground, surrounds or what but they do seem to scream a bit about umpiring and it's like a squeal that seems to echo a bit in front of the clubrooms. Driven me nuts when I was last there..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back