EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't understand it either. Good to see someone different win it.

A club that couldn't put an u18 side on the field 10 years ago wins it and people aren't happy. Ridiculous.
Sure there was some players from other clubs but that happens everywhere.

There's been quite a few 18s Premiership players for Abers who have started their careers elsewhere and jumped on board at the 14/16 age level due to a call coming through and a promise to be in the "Madden" Squad. Some people just can't be happy for others..

Last edited:
Great effort for Greenvale though winning the Reserves and Thirds Grand Finals this year. Shame about the Seniors, could've been three from three. Basically everyone wrote them off at the start of the year and they showed them in the end. But well done to Abers
I watched the reserves Greenvale Vs Aberfeldie and I've gotta say that the young boys from Greenvale were impressive and composed. I dare say there will be a fair bot of attention from some clubs looking for talent. The Mids / Half Backs were unstoppable and ran hard all day. An i believe that a few also have a fair bit of senior footy experience. Good match to watch.

Um
Two Planks you have to agree that the umpiring was crap. The many undisciplined acts were frustration at the umpires dubious and very one sided decisions. The only thing more terrible than Greenvales performance was the umpires. Pay the frees that are there, I agree but do it for both sides. Piss poor umpiring will cause just as many brawls as not paying decisions. A battered Greenvale against a fired up Abers was going to be difficult enough. Season rant over. Congrats to the Abers boys and Potter. Well done and congrats on a great effort today. Well deserved and reward for hard work.
Umpires didn't cost Greenvale 10 goals. Abers seem to know and expose weaknesses every time they finals against Greenvale. Well Coached by Potter. Which is why the question should be asked.....Why chapman played while potter was out coaching him?

A club that couldn't put an u18 side on the field wins it and people aren't happy. Ridiculous.
Sure there was some players from other clubs but that happens everywhere.

There's been quite a few 18s Premiership players for Abers who have started their careers elsewhere and jumped on board at the 14/16 age level due to a call coming through and a promise to be in the "Madden" Squad. Some people just can't be happy for others..

Perhaps the bigger clubs are unhappy on having a monopoly over the top end junior talent that will end up as 1 pointers..

If i was running a Premier league club like Mayby, Pacco & Avondale i would be actively recruiting u/18 talent knowing that they will be 1 pointers once they start playing seniors. Its the only way they will be able to compete with the sides with the strong juniors like Abers. Going to end up cheaper to pay a few kids $200 a game to play u/18s than to try and recruit them as adults.

Um

Umpires didn't cost Greenvale 10 goals. Abers seem to know and expose weaknesses every time they finals against Greenvale. Well Coached by Potter. Which is why the question should be asked.....Why chapman played while potter was out coaching him?
You are right. I never said the umpiring cost 10 goals. I just said it was really poor and one sided. It did not change the fact that Abers just had all the answers and Potter marshalled his troops well. Abers made Greenvale look slow and indecisive. They absolutely deserved the win.

Perhaps the bigger clubs are unhappy on having a monopoly over the top end junior talent that will end up as 1 pointers..

If i was running a Premier league club like Mayby, Pacco & Avondale i would be actively recruiting u/18 talent knowing that they will be 1 pointers once they start playing seniors. Its the only way they will be able to compete with the sides with the strong juniors like Abers. Going to end up cheaper to pay a few kids $200 a game to play u/18s than to try and recruit them as adults.

I'm hearing you but they still need to play 40 games of junior footy (well I think it's 40) before they qualify as a 1 pointer. Don't like the idea of paying under 18s, as where will this stop...however understand clubs that explore this path as a plan to build for the future. Think any payments even to 18s must be included in the salary cap..
Think there needs to be a review committee to address some different situations on players, especially younger ones moving for opportunities in the same divisions. Why should they have to play 40 games to qualify as a 1 pointer if they weren't getting opportunities? However if someone was to recruit a gun then maybe there needs to be some kind of rule to control this, otherwise it will get messy between clubs...

I'm hearing you but they still need to play 40 games of junior footy (well I think it's 40) before they qualify as a 1 pointer. Don't like the idea of paying under 18s, as where will this stop...however understand clubs that explore this path as a plan to build for the future. Think any payments even to 18s must be included in the salary cap..
Think there needs to be a review committee to address some different situations on players, especially younger ones moving for opportunities in the same divisions. Why should they have to play 40 games to qualify as a 1 pointer if they weren't getting opportunities? However if someone was to recruit a gun then maybe there needs to be some kind of rule to control this, otherwise it will get messy between clubs...
The fact that this is a subject let alone a conversation need to be had as what to do about it magnifies how stuffed local footy is because of $$$ and the need for success, because as we all know if you aint winning you're a sh*t club... it was a very sad day when "community football" died.. I can understand the attraction of VAFA as that is as close to community footy as you're going to get............
EDFL - Rich getting Richer , the Poor get the Picture , la, la la la la la la

And you're happy with your little stiffy for u/19's flag made up of poached kids from other clubs?

Mate have a look at the list there was three ex abbers boys in the team out of the 22 and one of those was a marby boy returning to marby .all the rest where home grown, it goes to show you that good coaching and a good environment attract players.

The fact that this is a subject let alone a conversation need to be had as what to do about it magnifies how stuffed local footy is because of $$$ and the need for success, because as we all know if you aint winning you're a sh*t club... it was a very sad day when "community football" died.. I can understand the attraction of VAFA as that is as close to community footy as you're going to get............
EDFL - Rich getting Richer , the Poor get the Picture , la, la la la la la la
When did "community football " die ?

Mate have a look at the list there was three ex abbers boys in the team out of the 22 and one of those was a marby boy returning to marby .all the rest where home grown, it goes to show you that good coaching and a good environment attract players.

Coached by a fantastic coach and ripper of a bloke. Players not only had to have had talent and ability...they must have had respect for their mentor to carry out instructions to have such a victory. Well done to all and to Mo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both. Presentation was Saturday night So now the exodus begins. Some to Wang, other Divs in edfl, vafa and other leagues.
Reminds me of a similar story involving a huge player exodus happening at abers last year! didn't pay players what was promised, everyone leaving, clubs in all sorts, won't make finals blah blah. We all know how that worked out!
Everyone on here said all year Wallace was gone but he has signed on for another year, im hearing shylo will also stay on at douttas

If Shylo wants to go on mid year overseas holidays and his body doesn't allow him to play regularly then maybe he should look elsewhere.
Have to agree with you. Any club captain that wants to go overseas mid season just shouldn't. He is such a good player, I hope his hammy gets better and has a great year next season, no matter where that is.

Shayo Smith returning back to Deer Park I am hearing.
Shylo is one of the highest paid players in the league! Deer park would already be a big chance to be rorting the cap as it is so signing a player who would be demanding close to 20% of the cap space would have many asking more questions than already. Im hearing his already resigned at douttas anyway

Shylo is one of the highest paid players in the league! Deer park would already be a big chance to be rorting the cap as it is so signing a player who would be demanding close to 20% of the cap space would have many asking more questions than already. Im hearing his already resigned at douttas anyway

20% of the cap is around 50k>. Can't imagine any club paying him this amount which equates to over 2500 per game. I like Shylo, but his not worth that figure IMO. Probably on about 1/2 that figure I would say. "If true" and I question this, it's no wonder Douttas are in strife with payments. He wouldn't be in Douttas top 5 players so imagine what the others must be getting. Allan must be on 100k Lol. As I said his a very good competitive player who gives his all and is well liked, but I question his disposal under pressure in premier footy.

Another subject:
-Have all coaches been reappointed?
-Will all clubs be looking to employ "paid" Football Managers.
-I'm hearing the points allocation will be increased due to no more VFL development footy. This will allow the players to flow back into community footy.

20% of the cap is around 50k>. Can't imagine any club paying him this amount which equates to over 2500 per game. I like Shylo, but his not worth that figure IMO. Probably on about 1/2 that figure I would say. "If true" and I question this, it's no wonder Douttas are in strife with payments. He wouldn't be in Douttas top 5 players so imagine what the others must be getting. Allan must be on 100k Lol. As I said his a very good competitive player who gives his all and is well liked, but I question his disposal under pressure in premier footy.

Another subject:
-Have all coaches been reappointed?
-Will all clubs be looking to employ "paid" Football Managers.
-I'm hearing the points allocation will be increased due to no more VFL development footy. This will allow the players to flow back into community footy.

Smith at his best (2015 form) is clearly in Douttas best 5. Injuries and holidays have cruelled his last couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back