EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

That's correct - some 2014 Abers players heading to Sunshine. Hallinan has spoken to 29 players from our 2014 list and landed about 7...

However I don't believe Mal has anything to do with Sunshine and he's said he'd be at Abers round 1 if that's anything to go by.

I don't agree coaches who leave a club should ring this many players from his previous club. It's not right!! Yes maybe try 5-6 players but trying to many is not good. Abers are strong enough to put up with this but some clubs would have trouble replacing a high number of players if they were to leave.
That's why you keep player payment knowledge away from people like this and keep it close to your chest..
Another thing is if you have talent you wouldn't go from EDFL to WRFL as its a lower league and some supporters are feral...

I don't agree coaches who leave a club should ring this many players from his previous club. It's not right!! Yes maybe try 5-6 players but trying to many is not good. Abers are strong enough to put up with this but some clubs would have trouble replacing a high number of players if they were to leave.
That's why you keep player payment knowledge away from people like this and keep it close to your chest..
Another thing is if you have talent you wouldn't go from EDFL to WRFL as its a lower league and some supporters are feral...
The players that have crossed from Abers to Sunshine had little chance of playing senior footy. It was either lose those ones, or the 18's moving up being lost as well.

The players that have crossed from Abers to Sunshine had little chance of playing senior footy. It was either lose those ones, or the 18's moving up being lost as well.

Not true at all - you actually sound quite familiar... Funny that!!

The 29 I referenced don't include our graduating U18's Sunshine contacted - none of which gave it a second thought!! ;)

Move on Puff Puff

Know that Barney is keen to see Abers break through & win the flag:) and as highlighted could be good for those leaving + your kids coming through.

Onto footy I really think Keilor recruiting, will see them up with the best teams. They from the outside may have over-achieved last year, but have brought in some really good players which will certainly make them better.

Thoughts?

Move on Puff Puff

Know that Barney is keen to see Abers break through & win the flag:) and as highlighted could be good for those leaving + your kids coming through.

Onto footy I really think Keilor recruiting, will see them up with the best teams. They from the outside may have over-achieved last year, but have brought in some really good players which will certainly make them better.

Thoughts?
Will make it an interesting battle for 4th spot to say the least, in my opinion.

Move on Puff Puff

Thoughts?
That is one of the most commonly over used flawed statements, no one individual or team is either physically or mentally capable of over achieving, (unless of course they are chemically assisted). Is it possible that Keilor FC actually maximised the efforts of their playing list in the 2014 season!.

Some credit actually has to go to Mick McGuane in the feat of Keilor FC playing off in the finals series in Premier League in 2014, Mick is one of very few people coaching in local leagues today who actually posses the ability to extract close to maximum effort out of his playing group on any given day on a consistant basis.

You are right there 'time to relax', Keilor FC members should be quietly excited about the 2015 season as Mick has been shopping at Dan Murphy's and as a result the Keilor FC has been able to source some well credentialed players at a very sensible price tag, under Mick's tutelage these players will undoubtedly advance themselves even further.

Imagine the dynasty Mick would have been able to build if he was actually coaching at some near by neighbouring clubs in the most recent past!

'YOU GET WHAT YOU PLAN FOR'

'INTERESTING TIMES AHEAD FOR SOME CLUBS'

Last edited:
That is one of the most commonly over used flawed statements, no one individual or team is either physically or mentally capable of over achieving, (unless of course they are chemically assisted). Is it possible that Keilor FC actually maximised the efforts of their playing list in the 2014 season!.

Some credit actually has to go to Mick McGuane in the feat of Keilor FC playing off in the finals series in Premier League in 2014, Mick is one of very few people coaching in local leagues today who actually posses the ability to extract close to maximum effort out of his playing group on any given day on a consistant basis.

You are right there 'time to relax', Keilor FC members should be quietly excited about the 2015 season as Mick has been shopping at Dan Murphy's and as a result the Keilor FC has been able to source some well credentialed players at a very sensible price tag, under Mick's tutelage these players will undoubtedly advance themselves even further.

Imagine the dynasty Mick would have been able to build if he was actually coaching at some near by neighbouring clubs in the most recent past!

Agree Mick is probably the best coach in EDFL and does find them usually at good prices so they are usually good people. However Mick is the highest paid coach (well Grant would be also on big coin) in the league so should be the best. On the other side, he does some off field things that help the club as well.
Good luck to everyone.

Will make it an interesting battle for 4th spot to say the least, in my opinion.

My old friend Burger, I know your a good judge and up with the footy news but what's your "safe" top 3?? Hope you have Pacco in there as they building a good side and hearing a few players are calling them wanting to get on board the Pacco train, so stay tuned for some news maybe. As with Keilor, Pacco recruiting good people who are not mercenaries. I like the look of the side they will put on the park for round1. Could be flying under the radar..
"Bring it on they say"

Abers would be going for 3 in a row this season if Mick was employed at Clifton Park... He is that good IMO

My old friend Burger, I know your a good judge and up with the footy news but what's your "safe" top 3?? Hope you have Pacco in there as they building a good side and hearing a few players are calling them wanting to get on board the Pacco train, so stay tuned for some news maybe. As with Keilor, Pacco recruiting good people who are not mercenaries. I like the look of the side they will put on the park for round1. Could be flying under the radar..
"Bring it on they say"
Safe three old mate Turbo, in no order:
Strathmore: Reigning premier & have kept majority of the squad of 2014. Can't see them dropping off
Aberfeldie: List is better than previous two seasons where they fell short. Now or never for them
Greenvale: Won't miss the finals two years in a row. Too good a side for that to occur again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If my Aunty had balls she'd be my uncle, she's that good!!
If the ferret hadn't have stopped for a shit he would have caught the rabbit!! Please.....
It starts from the top!! Let's wait and see how the new Abers coach handles so many massive ego's especially the ex AFL lads. This is an area he has battled with in the past...... When the whips are cracking who will put there hands up?
Can't wait for Round 1

If the ferret hadn't have stopped for a shit he would have caught the rabbit!! Please.....
It starts from the top!! Let's wait and see how the new Abers coach handles so many massive ego's especially the ex AFL lads. This is an area he has battled with in the past...... When the whips are cracking who will put there hands up?
Can't wait for Round 1
That a new one, slagging your own comment, but I agree it starts from the top and I believe they just might have the right mix now.

If my Aunty had balls she'd be my uncle, she's that good!!
Even if your aunty didn't have balls, I'm sure she would have been more than capable of delivering success of the ultimate for the Aberfeldie FC with the budget and playing lists that would have been afforded to her in seasons 2014, 2013 and 2012.

Don't
Don't forget where you came from "Turbo". You weren't much of a player yourself by the way. Good at drinking cans on the other side of the boundary, but not so great at getting the pill !!

Don't

Don't forget where you came from "Turbo". You weren't much of a player yourself by the way. Good at drinking cans on the other side of the boundary, but not so great at getting the pill !!

So you know me yeah... Ha ha..
What's this in regards to and where did I come from???

PS: did like a can or two but not sure if I was good at it though.. but thanks..

Even if your aunty didn't have balls, I'm sure she would have been more than capable of delivering success of the ultimate for the Aberfeldie FC with the budget and playing lists that would have been afforded to her in seasons 2014, 2013 and 2012.

Totally agree, re success in the form of a flag, my Aunty can take a spell.
"Soul" and playing for the jumper are such a difficult thing to measure as all blokes at all footy clubs are mates, that's just the culture we all know that, there's just something tangible that exists when it counts and Greenvale and Strathmore seen to have it, eg Grenvale 2's GF 2014 & 15, Strathmore as a CLUB, missed the 4, 2014, win 2015, when Abers should have pinched it in the last 5 minutes, somehow blokes grow a leg and Strathmore get up, (thoroughly deserved) I think most expected Abers to win by plenty, but right from the first bounce Strathmore came to play, this is the shit I'm talking about and Abers need to find it, it can't be bought like footballers, but installed as belief by the club and its coaching staff, this IMO, is why Abers have not tasted the ultimate success, God knows they've had the cattle.
When you lose to NS and Pacco in home and aways, you know things are not right deep down.

Totally agree, re success in the form of a flag, my Aunty can take a spell.
"Soul" and playing for the jumper are such a difficult thing to measure as all blokes at all footy clubs are mates, that's just the culture we all know that, there's just something tangible that exists when it counts and Greenvale and Strathmore seen to have it, eg Grenvale 2's GF 2014 & 15, Strathmore as a CLUB, missed the 4, 2014, win 2015, when Abers should have pinched it in the last 5 minutes, somehow blokes grow a leg and Strathmore get up, (thoroughly deserved) I think most expected Abers to win by plenty, but right from the first bounce Strathmore came to play, this is the shit I'm talking about and Abers need to find it, it can't be bought like footballers, but installed as belief by the club and its coaching staff, this IMO, is why Abers have not tasted the ultimate success, God knows they've had the cattle.
When you lose to NS and Pacco in home and aways, you know things are not right deep down.
Hey 'Sickofthecrap' you sound like a true supporter who is talking from his heart, but you seem to be missing the point. Success of the ultimate kind is achievable through a combination of a multitude of events leading up to that very special day, physical effort ground out of the heart and mental effort executed from team orientated educated players are just two parts of many that make up the potion of success. 'HARD work will always beat TALENT that doesn't work hard'.

I'm sure all coaches and their assistants strive to achieve maximum effort from their playing group in that very last game of the season in which every team so wishes to win, but unfortunately some coaches just don't have what it takes to develop their playing group to the required levels both physically and mentally to help ensure their team tastes success of the ultimate kind, and yes they should take on a percentage of the blame in the equation.

In my opinion it is the administration of these clubs that must take on a much, much larger percentage of the blame in the equation as it is the administration of each club that is left with the very important responsibility of employing the most important and influential person in their club.

The core of the current administration of the Aberfeldie FC has been in place for some time now, 'Carl on the Corner' tells me in their time at the helm they have had the task of employing no fewer than eight coaches. They have also had the arduous task of sacking one of the coaches they employed mid season whilst also having to tell numerous others that their services were no longer required.

When club administrations are investing massive amounts of money on a yearly basis, to secure talented players in an attempt to give themselves potentially a clear advantage of the remainder of the competition, sometimes they are left blinded when it comes to employing the most important and influential person in their club.

As previously mentioned, I only hope for the long time suffering supporters of the Aberfeldie FC such as Carl, and their very generous and patient sponsors, that the current administration have learnt from past inadequacies and have executed the due diligence required when employing the most important and influential person in any club, the 'Club Head Coach'.

Last edited:
Keilor got a few from Lara who won 3 games last year in a far lesser comp than ours. They could be like the Sunbury crew that went to Doutta's and didn't cut it.
Who else have they picked up?

Keilor got a few from Lara who won 3 games last year in a far lesser comp than ours. They could be like the Sunbury crew that went to Doutta's and didn't cut it.
Who else have they picked up?
So in your opinion "BACKWARDS" The AFL is top of tree then VFL, SANFL, WAFL & then EDFL , obviously you don't travel anywhere & live in the EDFL bubble if you think it is a far superior league then GFL , l think you might find at least another 5 leagues superior to the EDFL

Alexander (sth bendigo), Prismall, Isbister, Schroder (gfl) , Kovac (paco) and Kennedy (oak park) should all be pretty handy pickups for Keilor.
Added to an already strong list they should certainly be in finals contention.

So in your opinion "BACKWARDS" The AFL is top of tree then VFL, SANFL, WAFL & then EDFL , obviously you don't travel anywhere & live in the EDFL bubble if you think it is a far superior league then GFL , l think you might find at least another 5 leagues superior to the EDFL
Milky...read my post again please and tell me were I rank the EDFL the 5th best comp in the country! Its lucky to be the 5th best comp in the state.
GFL and EDFL on a par if you do want my opinion. Now, any chance of answering my question other than the dribble you made up?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back