Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

The big thing for me was not only what you said, but they were quick decisions which allowed him to keep the ball moving forward without having Melbourne set their defence. That kind of movement is critical to the way we play.
Absolutely! He summed things up quickly and made good choices.
It shows he not only has excellent physical qualities, but a smart footy brain as well.
That game will give him the belief that he belongs at the level.
I look forward to seeing how he goes next year.

Absolutely! He summed things up quickly and made good choices.
It shows he not only has excellent physical qualities, but a smart footy brain as well.
That game will give him the belief that he belongs at the level.
I look forward to seeing how he goes next year.
Very promising. Competed well and a few times he got it he broke clear and then used it. Good prospect.

If he’s not nominated this week he might win the whole thing next year.
He missed out, unfortunately. It would have been nice to see him get the nod this week, and then get another one next year, but I'm not at all surprised they picked someone who'd had a few decent games.

Neale
Gulden
Daicos
Butters
Serong
Merrett
Miller
Moore
Flanders
Fletcher
Rankine
Rowell
Answerth

Who cares about height in the midfield?
I'm with you - feels like it's shifted from bulls to force it forward to one touch skillful runners with dancing feet who can link up and give you more dangerous clearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with you - feels like it's shifted from bulls to force it forward to one touch skillful runners with dancing feet who can link up and give you more dangerous clearances.

6 6 6 has really rewarded the quick and clean ball users and pure "meterage" isn't as effective with 1 on 1s ahead.

6 6 6 has really rewarded the quick and clean ball users and pure "meterage" isn't as effective with 1 on 1s ahead.
It's a good observation. I hadn't thought about causation, but yeah all that extra space in front of centre bounce stoppages does suit running and linking. It's a good rule.

Last edited:
Neale
Gulden
Daicos
Butters
Serong
Merrett
Miller
Moore
Flanders
Fletcher
Rankine
Rowell
Answerth

Who cares about height in the midfield?

Yep, look at Port’s midifield. Rozee, JHF (kinda - not just yet anyway) and Butters aren't necessarily big-bodied mids

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No it's not irrelevant, it's actually super important to use the ball well in modern footy. That's bloody obvious.

Are you talking about my earlier claim when I said he only had about 1 clean disposal? Because I never said no possession went to a teammate, did you just make that up to make your argument seem better?

The king of spin, No Spin.
I didn’t think anyone could be negative about Ed’s game but I forgot about you

Yep, young Edward qualifies comfortably on both counts. Hopefully he can win it next year, and McGuane junior in 2026!!

It's a bit ridiculous that some third year players can win it against first year players. Whereas other third year players are ineligible because they were better in their first two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back