Club Mgmt. EFC Membership 2014- ALL TIME RECORD - 60K TARGET REACHED!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree. In the age today Collingwoid are saying they are on track for 100,000 members. They will get this by targeting their NON match going supporters via digital memberships etc. I posed the question about a week or so ago as to what are Essendon doing to target their hundreds if thousands of supporters interstate and abroad via membership?? Surely Essendon should have similar ambitions ad Collingwoid given every major statistic I see indicates Essendons following is on a par with Collingwood.

To say we should be satisfied with 60,000 members, and by extension satisfied with being ranked 4th buggest club in Vic which we're clearly not, indicates we are not challenging ourselves as a club to be anything more than mediocre.

It doesn't help when the club has low ambitions and publicly states 60,000 is it's target whilst Haw and Rich have shown that aiming high and setting lofty ambitions is the starting point to delivering success in membership growth.Essendon needs to do more to find ways to provide value membership offers for it's fans that DO NOT go to games.

We shouldn't be celebrating 60,000 members at this club. Hawthorn should though.

It may be confronting but it's absolutely true.

Collingwood, Hawthorn and Richmond all have the MCG as their home, you know, the ground that holds 100,000 people... If a huge portion of members is largely symbolic, like they are with Collingwood, does that mean as much compared to our 55-60,000 members who are mostly match attending members?

Numbers arent everything, collingwood will possibly hit this target by offering stupid packages, pet memberships, one game memberships (norm is 3 game) plus this digital membership thing. They also charge less for memberships in comparison as they get to sell season tickets to the G whereas we only have the 50k seater Etihad.

Plus im sure each centerlink cheque comes with a basic members package...

Id like to see how much money on average each club makes from its members, im sure collingwood would be well down the list
To count on the official membership tally at least one game (maybe 3?) has to be included.

I think, realistically, we are in the top 3-4 teams in the AFL for the total $$ derived from memberships (including AFL 'nominated' EFC members).. which is by far the most important statistic.. looks great to have 75K members.. but if 20K of them are $15 'one game' members.. then it is deceiving.

The Club turnover is good and we sell more merchandise than other clubs etc etc.. so the club is very healthy from a supporter and $$ point of view.

The next step will be maximising the digital membership services, stuff like the 'Word from Hird' type things...

I think, realistically, we are in the top 3-4 teams in the AFL for the total $$ derived from memberships (including AFL 'nominated' EFC members).. which is by far the most important statistic.. looks great to have 75K members.. but if 20K of them are $15 'one game' members.. then it is deceiving.

I would love a full break down of what all the clubs memberships are made up of i.e reserved seat,11 & 3 game memberships, pet membership, digital memberships ect.

I'm sure we aren't that far off the pace.

I would love a full break down of what all the clubs memberships are made up of i.e reserved seat,11 & 3 game memberships, pet membership, digital memberships ect.

I'm sure we aren't that far off the pace.
considering we sold more jerseys last yr than anyone else (and our jersey doesn't change) its a pretty good indication imo about where we stand in terms of a supporter base

Collingwood, Hawthorn and Richmond all have the MCG as their home, you know, the ground that holds 100,000 people... If a huge portion of members is largely symbolic, like they are with Collingwood, does that mean as much compared to our 55-60,000 members who are mostly match attending members?
I think you are all missing the point! My question is what are Essendon doing to convert it's so called million supporters around the country to member?? Like Collingwoid, this growth can only cone from non match going members. This is why Collingwoid is talking 100,000 members, and so must Essendon.

The question of membership yield etc is irrelevant to my point as this is embedded in the 56,000 members we currently have. Collingwood (like Richmond and Hawthorn I can assure you), have 20,000 non match day members in their 60,000 already. You can either chase them at a lower yield per member or not target them at all. Collingwood think that chasing 50,000 supporters via non match day offers at say $75 is worth going after. That's another $3.75m gross revenue, I don't care how many games they go to, or how many fangs, certainly helps pay off debt!! Let's nit be jealous if Collingwoid, learn from their success and respond. I can assure you potential sponsors would be more interested in communicating with 100,000 members than 60,000 members.

On yield, proved irrelevant in Collingwood generate millions more from membership than Essendon in gross terms due to them tapping into new segments via tailored membership offers.

To those that think breaking a membership record of 60,000 is worth celebrating.. This is sad because we are celebrating a record based on achieving mediocrity. Essendon is falling behind it's rivals and losing ground year after year. Thus is not a record worth celebrating. Dont kid yourself, Collingwood will hit 100,000 within 2 years, what will Eesend settle for? 65,000 whilst holding $4M of debt?

Lastly, you can't blame supporters for not signing up. I'm sick if reading all our fans saying on forums like this, Essendon Facebook etc, that they want to be members but can't find a package that suits their needs. Collingwood listened to it supporters and has acted by iffering non match day options. Membership skyrocketting to new frontiers. Essendon lagging behind.

What Dave is saying is that Collingwood has cultivated members, ( in other words join and put your hand in your pocket ) that will attend no games , but pay membership fees, to be part of the club - They've had great success with this idea.

What Dave is saying is that Collingwood has cultivated members, ( in other words join and put your hand in your pocket ) that will attend no games , but pay membership fees, to be part of the club - They've had great success with this idea.

We're doing the same with those online memberships that got you a video from Hird or something.

What Dave is saying is utter rubbish.

The club has catered for all kinds of supporters.

Log on and read about the product and give me examples of the 960, 000 Essendon supporters that do not have adequate products available to them?

Dont discount the fact bandwagon supporters have a massive impact on figures. Collingwood and Hawthorn have been consistent top 4 clubs.

They have capiltalised while the product is at its strongest.

We have been shit for a decade.

We have a fickle supporter base that doesnt turn up when we lose.

And we tend to blame everyone else, like dave blaming the club for barrackers having short arms and long pockets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Log on and read about the product and give me examples of the 960, 000 Essendon supporters that do not have adequate products available to them?

Dont discount the fact bandwagon supporters have a massive impact on figures. Collingwood and Hawthorn have been consistent top 4 clubs.

And we tend to blame everyone else, like dave blaming the club for barrackers having short arms and long pockets

Totally agree. Comparing us to the pies and the hawks is completely inaccurate. Once we've had a sustained period of success including GF appearances and flags we can compare.

Cant agree with this enough. I havent lived in Vic for nearly 7 years but have been paying for my own memberships since I hit 18. A couple of times I was away working and wasn't able to go to a game all year. $150ish for an interstate membership, scarf, polo and a ticket to a NSW game is pretty damn good! and im helping my club out while im at.

I understand not everyones in the same financial state as me but if you can afford smoke, beer and whatever else is considered a luxury you can afford a cheapish membership

Totally agree. Comparing us to the pies and the hawks is completely inaccurate. Once we've had a sustained period of success including GF appearances and flags we can compare.
I could be wrong but while the pies were terrible and we were good in 00/01 we had the highest membership tally for a few years

I could be wrong but while the pies were terrible and we were good in 00/01 we had the highest membership tally for a few years

Yeah, makes sense. We'd been dominant for a few years prior to 00/01 and people had been jumping on the bandwagon. Then we were shit for a decade and surprise surprise people didn't want to pay hundreds of dollars to see us get flogged week in week out.

Member pack arrived ere too. Now to wait until Feb? for the membership card

By member pack, I mean the member polo/scarf that I added to the membership, whats this bumper sticker caper?

Put this on FB and Twitter so why not here -

Damn right I am! #proudlyEssendon

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386841353266.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386841353266.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. EFC Membership 2014- ALL TIME RECORD - 60K TARGET REACHED!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back