Club Mgmt. EFC Membership 2014- ALL TIME RECORD - 60K TARGET REACHED!)

Remove this Banner Ad

What Dave is saying is utter rubbish.

The club has catered for all kinds of supporters.

Log on and read about the product and give me examples of the 960, 000 Essendon supporters that do not have adequate products available to them?

Dont discount the fact bandwagon supporters have a massive impact on figures. Collingwood and Hawthorn have been consistent top 4 clubs.

They have capiltalised while the product is at its strongest.

We have been shit for a decade.

We have a fickle supporter base that doesnt turn up when we lose.

And we tend to blame everyone else, like dave blaming the club for barrackers having short arms and long pockets
Don't blame the supporters, your head is in the sand. Richmond have been shit for 30 years and the will have 70,000 in 2014!!! If we had such good membership packages then why do we only have 56,000 members? The reason is that these packages, whilst you think cater for all supporters simply don't represent enough value in the eyes if the supporter to warrant them to buy a membership. The club has done just about everything possible to turn supporters away from membership in recent years. Forcing supporters to purchase a seat they don't want, reducing flexibility to enable members to sit with their friends, charging up to $140 for a non match day package etc. they realized their errors last year and introduced a flexible membership which was a positive step.

Still much work ahead. Cultivating members means offering packages that represent value is the challenge. What cane we leverage from our sponsors to enhance packages? Simply charging $140 and giving supporters a sticker and scarf is not representative of value.

We have very loyal supporters, our crowds don't fall away like Richmonds. The reason they don't buy memberships is not because the have short pockets, it's because they have been treated like trash in previous interactions with the club, don't want to be forced into a crap seat, don't want to pay $140 for a substandard offer.

We will either respond or be left behind. Hopefully it's the former.

... ****!

I think it was a shirt and scarf combo for some amount of money that you could buy when you signed up for your membership, but the shirt looked like shit so I decided I would probably buy a members scarf early next year when I buy my standard merchandise (Shirt, Jacket, Hat, etc) for the new year. That is assuming you can buy a members scarf seperately from buying at point of membership sign up...

My pack came

Pros: The 2014 membership with the vintage logo is sweet
Cons: The hat makes me look like a special kid

Yeah, the "included" members hats have always been shocking, I tend to buy one of the good ones from the bomber shop.

Don't blame the supporters, your head is in the sand. Richmond have been shit for 30 years and the will have 70,000 in 2014!!! If we had such good membership packages then why do we only have 56,000 members? The reason is that these packages, whilst you think cater for all supporters simply don't represent enough value in the eyes if the supporter to warrant them to buy a membership. The club has done just about everything possible to turn supporters away from membership in recent years. Forcing supporters to purchase a seat they don't want, reducing flexibility to enable members to sit with their friends, charging up to $140 for a non match day package etc. they realized their errors last year and introduced a flexible membership which was a positive step.

Still much work ahead. Cultivating members means offering packages that represent value is the challenge. What cane we leverage from our sponsors to enhance packages? Simply charging $140 and giving supporters a sticker and scarf is not representative of value.

We have very loyal supporters, our crowds don't fall away like Richmonds. The reason they don't buy memberships is not because the have short pockets, it's because they have been treated like trash in previous interactions with the club, don't want to be forced into a crap seat, don't want to pay $140 for a substandard offer.

We will either respond or be left behind. Hopefully it's the former.

Your head is in the sand if you think our crowds dont drop. Knights last year we had under 30000 @ our last 3 home games on the back of a then record membership.

The reserved seat may have been an error that has been rectified, however it was an error with peoples best interest at heart, so they no longer got locked out of games.

What is it that we dont offer?

You rambled on and pretty much gave the blame game, the same one that is usually used by piss weak barrackers who like the the opportunity to pot the club but refuse the opportunity to vote and change it.

Didn't members get it through to the club a few years back that very few people like the gimpy hats.

My membeship pack and new Guernsey is at the post office it seems, gotta pick it up after 4.

Your head is in the sand if you think our crowds dont drop. Knights last year we had under 30000 @ our last 3 home games on the back of a then record membership.

The reserved seat may have been an error that has been rectified, however it was an error with peoples best interest at heart, so they no longer got locked out of games.

What is it that we dont offer?

You rambled on and pretty much gave the blame game, the same one that is usually used by piss weak barrackers who like the the opportunity to pot the club but refuse the opportunity to vote and change it.

Think where we differ in opinion is I don't believe the club has a membership offer that caters for non match going fans that represents enough perceived value to warrant them to take u a membership. For example, you could argue it offers interstate fans memberships via Beyond the Bounday offr. Yes they do but they charge something like $150 (I think?) and basically offer crap trinkets, a magazine or 2 and voting rights. I read Facebook threads from the clubs page and you get a strong sense that supporters want to be a member and be involved but just can't justify the cost of membership which often cones without game access. Now thus us fixed by adding value to these offers. For Eg, perhaps the club could build into these packages:
- Supporter group functions with guest speakers, sponsor prize draws and giveaways. Eg, in Brisbane (big Bomber contingent in SE Qld), the Brisbane Bombers could hire out a major venue 6-7 games per year, big screen, have a QLD ex Bomber speak to the gathering, other Qld Bomber player on hand, club Directors / management present to take questions from the room, discounts from sponsors products / services. It could be a great way of getting the fans together and involved. Just an idea but there must be value in the packages. So it's not that the packages don't exist, it's more about the value they represent and this correlates with the take up rate.

I could go on, you get the drift. We have 1 million supporters around the country, 245,000 Facebook followers, 400,000 on the mailing list. The potential is there to aggressively grow membership if the packages are structured correctly.

When this happens I will be convinced the club is listening!

Think where we differ in opinion is I don't believe the club has a membership offer that caters for non match going fans that represents enough perceived value to warrant them to take u a membership. For example, you could argue it offers interstate fans memberships via Beyond the Bounday offr. Yes they do but they charge something like $150 (I think?) and basically offer crap trinkets, a magazine or 2 and voting rights. I read Facebook threads from the clubs page and you get a strong sense that supporters want to be a member and be involved but just can't justify the cost of membership which often cones without game access. Now thus us fixed by adding value to these offers. For Eg, perhaps the club could build into these packages:
- Supporter group functions with guest speakers, sponsor prize draws and giveaways. Eg, in Brisbane (big Bomber contingent in SE Qld), the Brisbane Bombers could hire out a major venue 6-7 games per year, big screen, have a QLD ex Bomber speak to the gathering, other Qld Bomber player on hand, club Directors / management present to take questions from the room, discounts from sponsors products / services. It could be a great way of getting the fans together and involved. Just an idea but there must be value in the packages. So it's not that the packages don't exist, it's more about the value they represent and this correlates with the take up rate.

I could go on, you get the drift. We have 1 million supporters around the country, 245,000 Facebook followers, 400,000 on the mailing list. The potential is there to aggressively grow membership if the packages are structured correctly.

When this happens I will be convinced the club is listening!

You want a dramatic rise in numbers, 2 major factors will be more beneficial.

1, sustained success
2, move to MCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing that you need to consider for your enticing location membership package.

Cost needs to be cheap enough for people to buy
Cost needs to cover and be profitable for the club
It wouldnt be cheap to do these. You would also need to be realistic about week to week attendance.
Finding a venue of the right size that is available for 27 weeks of the year.

Say we set up one in perth. Friday night games will be starting at 4:30pm on a work day.

Im not saying your ideas are bad, I am just skeptical about the club making a dollar out of it.

Dave is primarily discussing non-matchday members - People who won't attend games because of location,time etc,etc,etc. Give these people an incentive to be members - That's how you get big increases in members.

1491695_10152054791089356_2066530837_n.png

Here's what I was talking about! Just put it up on their Facebook page as well!

20/12/13: 38,081 (+312 members from yesterday).

An increase of 2,431 from last Friday. A fantastic week.

Looking unlikely that 40,000 will happen before Christmas. Need people to buy a whole heap as a last minute of **** I forgot the hubby/wife's present.

Looking unlikely that 40,000 will happen before Christmas. Need people to buy a whole heap as a last minute of **** I forgot the hubby/wife's present.

My wife would be totally indifferent if I got her an EFC membership for Xmas.

Partly because she doesn't exist.

My wife would be totally indifferent if I got her an EFC membership for Xmas.

Partly because she doesn't exist.

Not good enough, you're a shit supporter...

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. EFC Membership 2014- ALL TIME RECORD - 60K TARGET REACHED!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back