Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so we give up our pick 9 (Andrew Moore) plus pick 16 for Ryder? Moore is about 4 years younger then him why the hell would we do that..we are getting screwed.
****ing school holidays.

Go to bed FFS.

Port need to find another pick 15-25 to make this work. Impey fits that mould but apparently he seems an untradeable.
Posted in the Ryder thread.. but I was thinking a three way trade with Gold Coast.. might move around picks.

I think Gorringe is a late second rounder to third round pick. So anyway option one:

Port IN: Ryder, Gorringe
Port OUT: 16, 35, Moore

EFC IN: 7 + Moore
EFC OUT: Ryder

GC IN: 16 + 35
GC OUT: Gorringe + 7

Posted in the Ryder thread.. but I was thinking a three way trade with Gold Coast.. might move around picks.

I think Gorringe is a late second rounder to third round pick. So anyway option one:

Why don't we just trade with GCS or GWS, get Ryder's fiance to get in his ear and say she wants to go closer to home (QLD) not further away!

Here's a trade doing the rounds from one of the boys. Any interest here at all?

Port
IN Ryder
OUT Pick 16, Moore

Essendon
IN 19, Moore, Lowden
OUT Ryder

Hawthorn
IN 14
OUT Lowden, Pick 19, Hallahan

Gold Coast
IN 16 + Hallahan
OUT 14

This is an abysmal trade for Essendon. We give up Ryder for pick 19 and two pieces of firewood. Re-work it to get 16 + 19 to Essendon and then we'll be at the table.

I mean no disrespect, but have any of you guys even seen Moore play? There's a lot of hate for him on here and I can't understand it. He's had a very injury interrupted start to his career, but is starting to flourish. He played in all of our finals this year and was part of the reason we got close to Hawthorn. Claims that hes no chance of being in your best 22 seem crazy to me, when he's in ours. Admittedly we have a lack of inside mids.

We aren't going to be happy giving up a player like Moore, especially when he's just starting to get his body right and is showing the reasons we picked him up with pick 9. I feel like 16 + Moore is almost the best offer you guys will get from us. A third party is going to have to get this over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to snag Membrey and Jeffy Garlett. Solves two big holes for us.

When Membrey played against us, he attacked the ball hard, he's tough and looked like things happened when he was around the ball...from memory gave a bit of a headache at times.

If Garlett gets his head right (big IF), he can be that small FP/HFF that we have always needed. Kicked 40+ on multiple occassions and we haven't had someone do that for years!!!!

Would love to snag Membrey and Jeffy Garlett. Solves two big holes for us.

When Membrey played against us, he attacked the ball hard, he's tough and looked like things happened when he was around the ball...from memory gave a bit of a headache at times.

If Garlett gets his head right (big IF), he can be that small FP/HFF that we have always needed. Kicked 40+ on multiple occassions and we haven't had someone do that for years!!!!

Don't want one dimensional attacking players. If he can't run through the midfield(wings) I do not want.

Probably the best scenario I've come across on BigFooty. Seems to keep everyone happy

eth-dog yo've created a storm making erybody want Lowden. He mustn't be very good if the Hawks went and invested time in Ceglar before big Lanky Luke.
I wanted Grimley, not Lowden...

He only played 9

Was injured. Did shoulder pre season then broke collarbone (or may have been other way round).

Suspect its moot though... has made no external noises to move and bought house this year. Port arent going to force someone out by looks it will be a player looking for opportunities possibly via third party.

I mean no disrespect, but have any of you guys even seen Moore play? There's a lot of hate for him on here and I can't understand it. He's had a very injury interrupted start to his career, but is starting to flourish. He played in all of our finals this year and was part of the reason we got close to Hawthorn. Claims that hes no chance of being in your best 22 seem crazy to me, when he's in ours. Admittedly we have a lack of inside mids.

We aren't going to be happy giving up a player like Moore, especially when he's just starting to get his body right and is showing the reasons we picked him up with pick 9. I feel like 16 + Moore is almost the best offer you guys will get from us. A third party is going to have to get this over the line.

Yes he played all three finals and wore the green vest for all three. Which is probably where he rates as around your 22nd best player.

So what would moore be worth to another club do you think?

You've got to understand the frustration of essendon supporters when your coach pretty much comes out and says he wants ryder and gorringe but players are off the table and he values having draft picks highly.

Grimley - Membrey - Garlett should all be targets for us They would help fill some gaps on our list. Lowden Maybe but I think I would rather Grimley. Garlett is worth another chance especially with our fast game play and big fellas up forward. Membrey could be our new Crameri along with ambrose gives us 2 targets that can push up around the wings for targets coming out of defense. Daniher plays as the second ruck and carlile inside 50 with garlett could be very very handy.

Interesting question

What do we consider greater pick 35 in a fairly strong draft it seems, or Oshea?

Well if you accept the views of those that have seen him play he's basically a replacement for Fletcher (with the ability to defend smalls and talls) so I don't see how #35 with no idea who will be available could be more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back