Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenkins has been very good this year. Sure hes inconsistent like any other key forward/power forward whatever you want to call him. Hes got amazing speed and athletic ability is a pretty decent shot at goal, leads well, moves well and can take them out in the hands.

Gary Rohan needs to be discussed more. Im not sure what his contract currently is but he cant cut the best 22 at Sydney and they have a few good players not playing in the current 22 so hes likely not even in the best 25-27.

Hes super quick and we all know this side needs that, he also has crumbing and goal kicking ability along with good pressure that comes with his speed and agility around the drop of the footy forward.

I don't think anyone is questioning Saad's ability to be at least a passable AFL footballer, i just don't think you can in good conscience draft a player who has not played anywhere for the better part of 18 months, and that's assuming there isn't some kink of handshake agreement for him to slot straight back in at the saints.

I reckon Josh Scipione is just as good as Saad was at VFL level, and is a much better size for the AFL game
Thats fair enough - if there is a handshake agreement. But no one on this board has mentioned that, nor know that to be the case. They seem to be questioning his ability when his amount of goals in his debut season from just 16 games is more than any player on our list that has kicked goals for the red and black.

Wouldn't mind Gary Rohan but don't think he's achievable with our 3rd rounder (pick 45) and I don't think Sydney would be interested in any of our players in a trade.

Please don't shoot me down for this, but IF Dempsey did want to go back to Queensland at the end of the season to be closer to his kids, what would we get for him? Brisbane's 2nd round pick (pick 24-ish)?

Jenkins has been very good this year. Sure hes inconsistent like any other key forward/power forward whatever you want to call him. Hes got amazing speed and athletic ability is a pretty decent shot at goal, leads well, moves well and can take them out in the hands.

Gary Rohan needs to be discussed more. Im not sure what his contract currently is but he cant cut the best 22 at Sydney and they have a few good players not playing in the current 22 so hes likely not even in the best 25-27.

Hes super quick and we all know this side needs that, he also has crumbing and goal kicking ability along with good pressure that comes with his speed and agility around the drop of the footy forward.
Not sure I'd be looking at Rohan, he signed a 3 year deal with the Swans earlier this year so he'd more than likely be untouchable from the Swans perspective (besides what need does he fill? We've got plenty of HFF's and guys who play on the wing.
As far as our needs go surely the guys from Sydney we should be looking at are Tom Mitchell and Tim Membrey (Membrey could play 2nd fiddle to Daniher, and lets not fool ourselves it looks like Mitchell will be an A-grader sooner rather than later). Admittedly in Mitchell's case Sydney would likely want a lot for him. But he'd probably be that last piece in the puzzle for the midfield then we'd just need another key forward to help Daniher out!

Membrey is too small to play KPF. Mitchell (at the start of the year at least) loved it up in Sydney and would probably move back to Perth before Melbourne either way.

Not sure I'd be looking at Rohan, he signed a 3 year deal with the Swans earlier this year so he'd more than likely be untouchable from the Swans perspective (besides what need does he fill? We've got plenty of HFF's and guys who play on the wing.
As far as our needs go surely the guys from Sydney we should be looking at are Tom Mitchell and Tim Membrey (Membrey could play 2nd fiddle to Daniher, and lets not fool ourselves it looks like Mitchell will be an A-grader sooner rather than later). Admittedly in Mitchell's case Sydney would likely want a lot for him. But he'd probably be that last piece in the puzzle for the midfield then we'd just need another key forward to help Daniher out!
I disagree with our needs. However i like both those players alot. We need quality forwards. A 3rd tall/key position forward and also a crumbing small forward with pace.

Membrey isnt a bad one and wed be getting him dirt cheap basically for nothing. I dont think we need T.Mitchell hes a big bodied inside midfielder in the future, hes also fairly slowish. We already have Watson, Goddard, Myers, Heppell, Melksham, Howlett, Hocking a plethora of those types. However he is quality and would also come with that costing the world.

That rules out Rohan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Role, in theory, is easy. A Winderlich clone.

Please don't shoot me down for this, but IF Dempsey did want to go back to Queensland at the end of the season to be closer to his kids, what would we get for him? Brisbane's 2nd round pick (pick 24-ish)?

I think the Lions may want to pay less but that sounds about right.... Dalgleish or Gleeson should eventually replace so at least it wouldn't be a loss without replacement.

I think the Lions may want to pay less but that sounds about right.... Dalgleish or Gleeson should eventually replace so at least it wouldn't be a loss without replacement.
Shaun Edwards is a Dempsey clone

In the light that Jetta will be delisted and Licka may retire at the end of the year, Kyle Martin might be worth a look.

I think he's been on Collingwoids rookie list for at least 2 years and might be up for grabs, only 23 and knows where the goals are.
If we don't main list him at the end of the year, someone else will. I would say we are about a 50/50 chance of upgrading him. The main reason I think we haven't played (upgraded him, which has been an option now for about the last 4 weeks with Nathan Browns season ending injury) him this year is that we have about 3 other players who are very similar to him and are on the main list. The rumour has always been that he doesn't work well enough defensively, however it's just that, a rumour.

We need a Gunston, Kersten, Crameri, J.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Darling, J.Rpughead type. Not a huge player someone around that 190-194cm mark who can hit the scoreboard, take marks, provide leadup ect

We already have our 196cm - 200cm giants like Petrie, Tippett, Franklin ect in Daniher, Carlisle and TBC

In hindsight I wouldve thrown an arm and a leg at Gunston.

I'd be wrapped with this deal.
What can we get if we traded both Dempsey and Milkshake? Cameron?

Brett Eddy continues to lead the SANFL goal kicking with another 5 goals taking him to 43 goals for the year.

At 24 he's not doing chances for another crack at AFL any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back