Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be wrapped with this deal.
What can we get if we traded both Dempsey and Milkshake? Cameron?
Why would we trade 2 contracted, best 22 players to a place neither wants to go? If we traded Dempsey it would only be to a Queensland club and that's only if he wants to be closer to his kids.

Why would we trade 2 contracted, best 22 players to a place neither wants to go? If we traded Dempsey it would only be to a Queensland club and that's only if he wants to be closer to his kids.
I am proposing trading two contracted players just like you are proposing trading one contracted player. How do you know they wouldn't want to go, all things considered the last couple of years? Dempsey is already playing away from his kids.

I am proposing trading two contracted players just like you are proposing trading one contracted player. How do you know they wouldn't want to go, all things considered the last couple of years? Dempsey is already playing away from his kids.
You're missing the point. The only reason we would trade Dempsey is BECAUSE he wants to go home to his kids. Otherwise we keep him at Essendon. And I dunno, maybe Melksham signing on for 2 years towards the end of last year indicates he might want to stay :rolleyes:

You're missing the point. The only reason we would trade Dempsey is BECAUSE he wants to go home to his kids. Otherwise we keep him at Essendon. And I dunno, maybe Melksham signing on for 2 years towards the end of last year indicates he might want to stay :rolleyes:
Maybe he might WANT to go to GWS. And anyone can be prised and convinced under the right deal, even if contracted.

Maybe he might WANT to go to GWS. And anyone can be prised and convinced under the right deal, even if contracted.
So this is based on a very unlikely hypothetical. You have 3 options:

1. Stay at the club where you're unrivaled in your position in the team and has stuck with you through thick and thin
2. Go home because you miss your kids
3. Go to somewhere in between that you'd be competing for spots with Heath Shaw in.

Which would you choose? I'd choose option 1 or 2 without question

So this is based on a very unlikely hypothetical. You have 3 options:

1. Stay at the club where you're unrivaled in your position in the team and has stuck with you through thick and thin
2. Go home because you miss your kids
3. Go to somewhere in between that you'd be competing for spots with Heath Shaw in.

Which would you choose? I'd choose option 1 or 2 without question
Well he is already competing with Hibberd, who is better than Shaw, but I get your point.
So then send Dempsey to a Queensland club for a pick or player and combine said pick or player and Melksham to GWS for Cameron.:D

Well he is already competing with Hibberd, who is better than Shaw, but I get your point.
So then send Dempsey to a Queensland club for a pick or player and combine said pick or player and Melksham to GWS for Cameron.:D
Hibberd is a different kind of flanker to Shaw and Dempsey. The latter 2 are your quick, linebreaking flankers ala McLeod, Hibberd is your intercept marking flanker, ala Birchall.

I reckon Hibberd has broken a lot more lines than Dempsey lately.
Let's not go overboard. He does run and carry, but his biggest strengths are his reading of the play from behind the ball and that left boot

Yeah, but Dempsey hasn't been running with the footy much at all this year.
Yeah, he has. He's getting back into running with it recently.

Did you not see his behind of the year vs Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atley got mentioned in the Dalgleish thread.

Have spent not insignificant parts of the afternoon thinking about what a good fit it would be.

Just needed to get that off my chest.

does the fact that you were discussing how similar Lauchie and Atley mean that we already have someone who could in theory fill that need for leg speed, but with the added bonus of having a better leg?

We need a Gunston, Kersten, Crameri, J.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Darling, J.Rpughead type. Not a huge player someone around that 190-194cm mark who can hit the scoreboard, take marks, provide leadup ect.

You mean Hurley? I don't see the point having Hooker, Carlisle, Hurley and Fletch all down back. When/if Fletcher retires we still have Pears and even Gregory to fill the void. The team will get more use having Hurley up forward and I wont be surprised if Hird puts Hurley back in the forward line when/if he comes back.

You mean Hurley? I don't see the point having Hooker, Carlisle, Hurley and Fletch all down back. When/if Fletcher retires we still have Pears and even Gregory to fill the void. The team will get more use having Hurley up forward and I wont be surprised if Hird puts Hurley back in the forward line when/if he comes back.

Dude, don't say Hurley forward. Apparently if he attempts a mark his wrists will turn to dust.

Hurley has arthritus in both his wrists. Playing him forward would prematurely end his career. Pears is playing forward in the VFL anyway, shows that the coaching staff think he's a more viable option up there anyway

Hurley has arthritus in both his wrists. Playing him forward would prematurely end his career. Pears is playing forward in the VFL anyway, shows that the coaching staff think he's a more viable option up there anyway

Did Hird know this last year when he played him fwd all year or has the arthritis only just kicked in this year ?

Did Hird know this last year when he played him fwd all year or has the arthritis only just kicked in this year ?
I think it was known but thought that the wrist brace's whould stifle it, which wasn't the case.

I think it was known but thought that the wrist brace's whould stifle it, which wasn't the case.

LOL sounds like he is almost ready for a nursing home.

So how does he go lifting the heavy weights for upper body strength required to compete at AFL level and if his wrists are that bad isn't he a liability in the backline if he has to wrestle/jostle his man for position which would place the wrists under more stress than it would going for a Mark?

LOL sounds like he is almost ready for a nursing home.

So how does he go lifting the heavy weights for upper body strength required to compete at AFL level and if his wrists are that bad isn't he a liability in the backline if he has to wrestle/jostle his man for position which would place the wrists under more stress than it would going for a Mark?
With the weights, the proper technique (which I assume he's been taught/knows) it spreads the stress down the arms, which is onviously better for the wrists.

And how would jostling with his man put stress on the wrists? It puts far more stress on the torso in comparison to the arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back