Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kersten has been close to a game for over a season , just failing by a week or two before last weeks finals. Geelong offered him a longer contract but he only signed a 1 , I suppose that may be why some are thinking he may be available. Its been thought that he may be tempted to go back West , but im not sure its that simple they had a chance to draft him and went past him in teh draft. Now he has finally got in the park , shown form and talent my guess is he unlikely to go elsewhere.
Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification :thumbsu:

Harvey Daniher also played his first game of TAC Cup football (albeit as an underaged in a Championships depleted Cannons side. Stats were

(20 possessions)
7 effective kicks
2 ineffective kicks
8 effective handballs
3 ineffective handballs
11 handball receives
3 marks
5 tackles

Not bad from a kid on debut as an underager.

Eligible 2015

11 handball receives is incredibly impressive for someone who's 191ish and has mostly been playing CHB.

Shame he's been injured, would have been a fair chance of a game at the champs

11 handball receives is incredibly impressive for someone who's 191ish and has mostly been playing CHB.

Shame he's been injured, would have been a fair chance of a game at the champs

Next year is his draft year fwiw.

Nice little update from Essendon FC in regards to the James Hird Academy here

Couple of noticeable things

JAKE LONG: Jake is playing school footy for Scotch College in the APS Competition this season. The highly-skilled but lightly-framed youngster lined up for the first game of the year and collected 9 disposals before injuring his ankle. In better news, Jake has been chosen to represent the Northern Territory at the Under 18 National Championships in addition to playing 3 TAC Cup matches. The JHA wishes Jake all the best with his recovery, which should see him return to the field just in time for the start of the Champs.
TOM WALLIS:Tom is enjoying his first year of TAC Cup football and is playing for the Calder Cannons this season. Continuing his impressive junior form, Tom has played 6 games for an average of 12 disposals and has been named in the bests once. The fleet-footed midfielder has also been invited to be part of the VIC Metro Futures Squad.
MATTHEW NEAGLE: Underscoring Matthew’s football ability, the wily goal-sneak has been selected to be part of the GWS Giants U16 Academy. Matthew also played 3 trial games this season for the GWS Academy against the Sydney Swans Academy, in order to determine the final makeup of the NSW Rams U16 Squad for the National Championships.

Also worth looking at some previous scholarship players such as the Redhead Jimmy Webster who is playing local footy

JAMES WEBSTER: Following a couple of years in the NEAFL playing for Redlands, the former Essendon Rookie returned home last year to play for his original club Terrigal Avoca in the Black Diamond Cup in central NSW. From a personal perspective, the move home was
a raging success with James claiming the league’s Best & Fairest medal. Unfortunately, his team went down in the Grand Final by 24 points. So far this season; James has been named among the bests in 5 of the 6 games he’s played, including 3 BOG’s. He has also kicked 7 goals.

Turbocat

while your here, what is the go with Jordan Schroder. On par with Mitch Hallahan from the Hawks after being joint winners of the VFL B&F last year, Hallahan has gone on to play a number of AFL games and done well whilst young Jordan is still languishing in the VFL.

I think he may need a fresh go , we have added several mids , some that have debuted some that have not yet. Jensen is one who plays a similar way but is 193 , a very modern big bodied mid so I think other may have gone past him. I can see him being like Laidler , going elsewhere and ending up being a solid player for someone

I think he may need a fresh go , we have added several mids , some that have debuted some that have not yet. Jensen is one who plays a similar way but is 193 , a very modern big bodied mid so I think other may have gone past him. I can see him being like Laidler , going elsewhere and ending up being a solid player for someone

we talking 3rd/fourth rounder for him?

we talking 3rd/fourth rounder for him?

Finding it very hard to gauge these days , with the delisted Free Agency. Im not sure of his contract situation either but we do have a lot coming Out of contract. Something late would get it done is my guess , its probably just a matter of a club offering him a good bunch of AFL games

Kersten has been close to a game for over a season , just failing by a week or two before last weeks finals. Geelong offered him a longer contract but he only signed a 1 , I suppose that may be why some are thinking he may be available. Its been thought that he may be tempted to go back West , but im not sure its that simple they had a chance to draft him and went past him in teh draft. Now he has finally got in the park , shown form and talent my guess is he unlikely to go elsewhere.

For a guy like that there is a big risk of signing on for well under your worth to the team.

If he can finish his first season of playing AFL averaging 2 goals a game and sewing up the second forward's post he can probably score overs when the reality is that his wage for this year wont be any different.

Yoda_ , do you see your club being seriously involved in trades? Trade a name player to get into first round etc?

I would not be stunned if one of Carlisle or Bellchambers was to leave. I do not see us offering them up but if we get a tap on the shoulder and the player agrees it is a chance (because the struggle will be fitting the two in the same side in the future).

Last edited:
I'd trade Bellchambers. I think we could get overs for him.

Anyone going to Etihad on Tuesday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would not be stunned if one of Carlisle or Bellchambers was to leave. I do see us offering them up but if we get a tap on the shoulder and the player agrees it is a chance (because the struggle will be fitting the two in the same side in the future).

You'd imagine Fletcher retiring would allow them to both fit in easily, so i don't see it as a long term issue.

Short term (once bell chambers regains full fitness of course) it may be a bit of horses for courses and mixing and matching. And who knows, playing 3 talls and ambrose could well work, we haven't really tried it

Next year is his draft year fwiw.

Nice little update from Essendon FC in regards to the James Hird Academy here

Couple of noticeable things

Also worth looking at some previous scholarship players such as the Redhead Jimmy Webster who is playing local footy

I don't know if I should admit that I expected Wallis' son to be bald.

I'd trade Bellchambers. I think we could get overs for him.

Anyone going to Etihad on Tuesday?

Trade into the first round and pull off something like getting Tom Campbell (25 touches in the VFL on the weekend) back from the Dogs for a third round pick. Don't think I could sign quickly enough.

You'd imagine Fletcher retiring would allow them to both fit in easily, so i don't see it as a long term issue.

Short term (once bell chambers regains full fitness of course) it may be a bit of horses for courses and mixing and matching. And who knows, playing 3 talls and ambrose could well work, we haven't really tried it

I know, I know Carlisle can play back. I still think that if Carlisle, Hooker and Baguley are occupying 3 of the 4 "defenders" posts that sides will ultimately realise that we can't stop lead-up play. Separate the defenders and make them man up on moving forwards. They looked second rate against Hawthorn last year (for example).

Last edited:
Harvey Daniher also played his first game of TAC Cup football (albeit as an underaged in a Championships depleted Cannons side. Stats were

(20 possessions)
7 effective kicks
2 ineffective kicks
8 effective handballs
3 ineffective handballs
11 handball receives
3 marks
5 tackles

Not bad from a kid on debut as an underager.

Eligible 2015
But does he have Derp factor?

On a serious note what sort of frame/player is he?

I know, I know Carlisle can play back. I still think that if Carlisle, Hooker and Baguley are occupying 3 of the 4 "defenders" posts that sides will ultimately realise that we can't stop lead-up play. Separate the defenders and make them man up on moving forwards. They looked second rate against Hawthorn last year (for example).

That's why i keep saying Baugley's the kind of player that you can always improve on, but for key defenders i don't see it as an issue as they won't come up against explosively quick talls like buddy every week.

VFL stats for this year -

39 disposals, 9 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal
20 disposals, 4 tackles
18 disposals, 6 tackles, 2 goals
15 disposals, 14 tackles, 2 goals
30 disposals, 15 marks, 2 goals
34 disposals, 11 marks, 7 tackles, 4 goals
27 disposals, 6 tackles, 1 goal
30 disposals, 8 marks, 4 tackles, 6 goals
18 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 goals
24 disposals, 8 tackles
16 disposals, 1 goal

Good all-round figures - Will be picked up by an AFL club if Collingwood can't offer him a spot on their primary list.

Yoda_ , do you see your club being seriously involved in trades? Trade a name player to get into first round etc?

Think trading and Free Agency may be put on the backburner until the ASADA stuff is sorted out. We will be an unattractive destination.

But does he have Derp factor?

On a serious note what sort of frame/player is he?

He's listed at 189 and 88 by the calder site, so he seems to be an undersized kpp, and has done a bit at both ends.

Hopefully he shoots up a bit in the next 18 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back