Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That, and a couple of actual goal kicking forward flankers.

Tom Langdons brother Ed has been really good for VMetro as a ground level forward, and Jake Owen continues to impress me. Was apparently bog again today for willy

We desperately need more inside guys with quick hands. The guys who can move well in traffic
Ben Cavarra looked good at that today

I worked today (In Preston) and so set the record button, by god the telecast is putrid. Constantly, constantly dropping in and out. #FML
Yeah, like that early but it got better

Watched the latest "eye-catchers" video on the AFL website.

Is genuinely disappointed we won't be getting that pick 6 - 10 and have the opportunity to pick up an Angus Brayshaw, Christian Petracca, Paul Ahearn etc. Hopefully our pick 19/20 will be gold.
I think Ahern is still a possibility at pick 19 but probably not what we need.

What's the deal with Longy's boy any chance he will be drafted by us this year?

Rehabbing a very inconveniently timed ankle injury. I'm just trying to track down whether he played for the NT at windy hill today, and i don't think he did, which is very dissapointing.

Some good div 2 talent on show today btw.

CHF Abe Davis booted 3 for the rams, while Lachie Weller also did a lot of good things and shapes up as another very good, if not a little on the short side midfielder

Jack Package at this point who would be your dream (realistic) picks for us with ~19 and ~48?

dream? (keeping in mind that i'm nowhere near the best at this on BF, i just don't get to see the volume that others do)

Petracca at 19 and Paul Ahern in the 3rd.

People are focusing on us needing a tall forward, but the cards won't fall that way imo, given other teams needs and their picks, so Petracca's the next best thing as someone who i think lead the tac cup goal kicking as a 17 year old man child and has this year become one of the dominant midfielders in his age group, but still is hitting the scoreboard.

That's a dream though, he could potentially go top 3 (although i reckon somewhere around the 10 mark seems more likely).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have an idea how the draft listing is worked out for 'The Recruit' rookie draft at the end of the series?

With 12 guys whittled down from (possibly) upwards of 1,000,000 players. the chances of picking up a decent prospect is actually rather high.
I'm pretty sure it'll be similar to the NSW scholarship draft. That's what would make the most sense

I'm pretty sure it'll be similar to the NSW scholarship draft. That's what would make the most sense

The last 12 players go into a draft. How would they do this? Apparently these boys may be listed as Cat B rookies (outside initial senior & rookie lists) hence the interest should be quite high.

The last 12 players go into a draft. How would they do this? Apparently these boys may be listed as Cat B rookies (outside initial senior & rookie lists) hence the interest should be quite high.
No, what's happening is that it's a competition and the winner gets a place on the rookie list of an AFL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back