Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity that Daniel is one of the leading tacklers in the championship. And I believe high up for clearances.

Exactly... that's why I mentioned it. They are the two biggest strengths of his that I don't see translating to AFL level. It's one thing to out muscle 70-75kg kids, but another thing entirely to do it to 85-95 kilo mids of this next generation. His tenacity sees him get a lot of tackles but you can already see its hard for him to hold some players, added the fact he's quite stocky already. I couldn't see him putting on more than 5-6 kilos.

That said he could have a latish growth spurt and I think someone will pick him up hoping that is the case.

Last edited:
Cripps was huge in the first. Had 4 marks I50, 4 shots on goal for 2.1

Keitel was very solid in defence in the first half. But by all reports is a much stronger prospect as a forward.

Really liked the look of Clem Smith. Seems like a type who would be able to play from Round 1. Jarrod Garlett was very flashy as well.

Wouldn't mind us going after Gach Nyuon as a project ruck.

Issac Muller was also very impressive for NSW/ACT as well.

Bevan?

Nailed it. I never like to say 'he's just too small', but he's just too small.

Other shorter mids like prestia or lewis taylor have other physical gifts that help them more than compensate for not being tall enough. Daniel doesn't.

Jake Johansen on the other hand is a little bit taller and could play a bit forward, so i think he's more of a go, despite Daniel possibly being more skilled
Might be the one. Kicked 2 IIRC.
Cripps was huge in the first. Had 4 marks I50, 4 shots on goal for 2.1

Keitel was very solid in defence in the first half. But by all reports is a much stronger prospect as a forward.

Really liked the look of Clem Smith. Seems like a type who would be able to play from Round 1. Jarrod Garlett was very flashy as well.

Wouldn't mind us going after Gach Nyuon as a project ruck.
Quick scan at Knightmare's draft suggests he's a late to rookie selection, so maybe we'd reach for him at 45 or so.

Don't see Keitel sliding to us anymore :(.

Yeah, I liked his game, but probably a top 10 pick.

Might head out into the under 18's last 2 matches. Anybody to look out for in the Tasmania vs NT game or the Metro vs SA game?

Might head out into the under 18's last 2 matches. Anybody to look out for in the Tasmania vs NT game or the Metro vs SA game?

Bellchambers' brother?

Bellchambers' brother?
I'll look out for him. Won't bother with Durdin, Wright etc. as they will definitely go before 19

Didn't realise it was on TV already.

Bellchambers' has been impressive.

Goes very hard at it. 10 disposals in the 3rd already.

Last edited:
Not sure what the go is with Hubert Goddard. Only seen him play the two games on fox, but has barely played forward in either. From what I've heard/read, he has been slipping down in people's opinions during the championships. Does look like he has a decent field kick on him for a big fella though.
Hopefully we just told him to play shite and let him slide to us

God could you imagine drafting Brendan Goddard the size of a true KPP. I know nothing about Hugh but can't help wondering. The genetics are obviously good.
Quite a good breeding stock....
we must get BJ to 100 bomber games, then watch the saints foam as his offspring chooses to come to bomberland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The decision by VC to play him in defence is strange. He's been very average there and he'd be a bloody good CHF.

Caleb Daniel plays well but he would be simply too small for AFL football.

I like what I saw in Leveradge (sp?) For vic metro when he went forward. Saw that hes only listed at 189cm in knightmares draft but looks taller. Will be interested to see his height/size come november.

Looks to have x factor and bit of toe. Originally started on the wing so be interested to see what tank he has. Maybe bit of Nat Fyfe about him

I like what I saw in Leveradge (sp?) For vic metro when he went forward. Saw that hes only listed at 189cm in knightmares draft but looks taller. Will be interested to see his height/size come november.

Looks to have x factor and bit of toe. Originally started on the wing so be interested to see what tank he has. Maybe bit of Nat Fyfe about him
Plays nothing like Nat Fyfe. Laverde is fast, great skills and plays mostly outside. Fyfe is middle paced, better mark and plays mostly inside. Stupid comparison. Would say he's more like Lovett than anybody else tbh.

Plays nothing like Nat Fyfe. Laverde is fast, great skills and plays mostly outside. Fyfe is middle paced, better mark and plays mostly inside. Stupid comparison. Would say he's more like Lovett than anybody else tbh.
Hopefully not the 2014 version of Lovett :eek:

Lol Lovett your kidding right.

I meant at the same age and even still some resemblances now. Fyfe was purely an outside player from 17-20.

Lol Lovett your kidding right.

I meant at the same age and even still some resemblances now. Fyfe was purely an outside player from 17-20.
Not at all. Fyfe has averaged 12 or more CP's in every year at AFL barring his first. I don't have his under 18 stats but he was rated as an inside mid at the time IIRC. Laverde plays nothing like Fyfe

Not at all. Fyfe has averaged 12 or more CP's in every year at AFL barring his first. I don't have his under 18 stats but he was rated as an inside mid at the time IIRC. Laverde plays nothing like Fyfe
FWIW I played against fyfe from year 8 till 18's he played as a forward mainly through this time and occasional wing. Yeh so he turned 20 in the year he started to be moved into an onball/inside player. Freo turned an x factor skinny forward/flanker into a fitness machine, inside onballer.

Leg speeds differentiate. At the same times they were similar/same games. Laverde will measure 190+ draft day

i didn't see much of Fyfe in his draft year, i'm talking about Laverde vs AFL Fyfe.

i didn't see much of Fyfe in his draft year, i'm talking about Laverde vs AFL Fyfe.
Yeh well than I agree. However Laverde could be developed a similar way. It was a quick comparison based on position, height size ect. Fyfe has better vertical leap and Laverde the better pace. Usually the 2 coincide perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back