Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everyone think about Conlon? Obviously we need to try to bring in some outside talent to fill the immediate gap (Membrey is the obvious one given his form in the NEAFL), but I really believe that with careful management Conlon could become a genuinely dangerous weapon in our tall forward structure. Given he hasn't played much recently (I think he only returned this week), he should still be available to us later in the draft and personally I think we'd be foolish to pass him up.

What does everyone think about Conlon? Obviously we need to try to bring in some outside talent to fill the immediate gap (Membrey is the obvious one given his form in the NEAFL), but I really believe that with careful management Conlon could become a genuinely dangerous weapon in our tall forward structure. Given he hasn't played much recently (I think he only returned this week), he should still be available to us later in the draft and personally I think we'd be foolish to pass him up.
Probably depends on how he goes injury-wise. We will need to pick up a ruck though.

Probably depends on how he goes injury-wise. We will need to pick up a ruck though.
True I think Conlon is a KPF/ruck so that covers two bases, but if all else fails we could probably put Thurlow on the rookie list again for next year.

VFL watchers' verdict on Thurlow's odds on another year?

eh.

He's a project, i'd like someone with some immediacy that we could plug and play should the need arise.

Luke Lowden or Sam Grimley would be front of mind should they get cut from hawthorn

VFL watchers' verdict on Thurlow's odds on another year?
Spud. He's so bad that the VFL side prefer playing a lone ruck rather than him. Sam Tagliabue (the lone ruck) will replace him on the rookie list

eh.

He's a project, i'd like someone with some immediacy that we could plug and play should the need arise.

Luke Lowden or Sam Grimley would be front of mind should they get cut from hawthorn

Hawthorn is a genuinely interesting case (see Geelong circa 2009).

So many talented kids that were uneatable due to lack of exposure at AFL level but still on a premiership list. Wouldn't be surprised to see it pillaged this year.

Ceglar (once Big Boy McEvoy returns), Grimley, Hallahan, Langford, John Simpkin, Spangher have all shown something at AFL level and thats not mentioning the plethora of youngsters not even exposed at AFL level yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id look at Dan Connors. Dominating VFL this year
If you mean the same Dan Connors that Richmond sacked for substance abuse, then no thankyou! Would look incredibly bad for us to bring in a known trouble-maker given what the club is going through right now.

If you mean the same Dan Connors that Richmond sacked for substance abuse, then no thankyou! Would look incredibly bad for us to bring in a known trouble-maker given what the club is going through right now.
Embrace the hate, take him

So many talented kids that were uneatable due to lack of exposure at AFL level

Nothing gets them good and tender like playing AFL.

Could you imagine the AFL operating if we got draft picks for this year and last year?

Clubs would start up and off the map league.. Collingwood would be the first club to be up in arms

So we would get picks and piss off the Pies.

Everythings coming up Millhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back