Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it.

If no bid is made by another club, the club that nominated the father-son eligible player will forfeit its last selection in the draft to select the player.

Looks like we will need to make at least 4 changes to the main list if we use 19,47 in the ND to secure the best talent available, and pick 63 to upgrade Ambrose to the main list and pick 81 for F/S for Jake Long.

The rookie list will probably have at least three changes with: Ambrose being upgraded and Thurlow delisted and
Dells into his 2nd year on the rookie list so I think we will have to delist him and redraft if we want to retain him.

What's people's thoughts on the 4 changes for the main list?
1 Jetta
2 DVU
3 ?
4 ?

There is a caveat in the F/s rule which allows us to rookie him if we choose.

Basically we nominate him as a rookie, and if no one takes him in the ND we put him onto our rookie list with our last pick, which is looking like the likely route, considering our list isn't actually shit anymore and we're not in the position to just gift list spots willy nilly.

Alternatively we just keep his rights and he goes around again next year, be it for our VFL side, or with the chargers as an overager and see what happens from there

Looks like we will need to make at least 4 changes to the main list if we use 19,47 in the ND to secure the best talent available, and pick 63 to upgrade Ambrose to the main list and pick 81 for F/S for Jake Long.

The rookie list will probably have at least three changes with: Ambrose being upgraded and Thurlow delisted and
Dells into his 2nd year on the rookie list so I think we will have to delist him and redraft if we want to retain him.

What's people's thoughts on the 4 changes for the main list?
1 Jetta
2 DVU
3 ?
4 ?
Hardingham might get delisted, he's not contracted beyond this year and seems to be a fringe player at best.

Is Dempsey more Brisbane related or Gold Coast related in terms of where he is from ?
Brisbane, Morningside is a suburb there

Could see him in Brisbane colours easily. A pick in the 20's would do it if Brisbane were interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with trading Dempsey is that he is worth a whole lot more to us then any team would ever pay for him

Really agree with that comment.
I think he is edging back to some strong form that we were seeing during the beginning of last year.

Yep, 3 years on the rookie list. This is Dell's 3rd year on the rookie list so he has to be promoted/delisted this year

This is Steinberg's second year on the rookie list as well, we could have new look rookie list next year except Johnny Rayner.

You'll find that we could quite possibly have 4 new rookies at the club next year.

Johny Rayner is a Category B rookie, therefore falls outside the normal rookie list (clubs can list up to 3 CatB rookies for anyone season until promoted to the senior list - I'm not sure if CatB includes international rookies or if they are a separate case again).

The problem with trading Dempsey is that he is worth a whole lot more to us then any team would ever pay for him

I have to agree no end with this. The Suns were looking for an elite HBF with clean skills last year (on BF of course) and i mentioned Dempsey with the Qld links. I was laughed back to our boards here when I mentioned he would be worth close to a first round/early second round pick.

You'll find that we could quite possibly have 4 new rookies at the club next year.

Johny Rayner is a Category B rookie, therefore falls outside the normal rookie list (clubs can list up to 3 CatB rookies for anyone season until promoted to the senior list - I'm not sure if CatB includes international rookies or if they are a separate case again).

I have to agree no end with this. The Suns were looking for an elite HBF with clean skills last year (on BF of course) and i mentioned Dempsey with the Qld links. I was laughed back to our boards here when I mentioned he would be worth close to a first round/early second round pick.

that's the problem to a tee, when and up and running he provides invaluable run, carry and defensive pressure to the side, up there with the best in the comp I recon when he's firing. However he is a fairly tough sell to any opposition team considering; inures, inconsistency, discipline/off field issues.

I think all we can do is hope to hell he doenst want out, cos I can't see Brisbane/GCS giving us anything we'd want in return.

What do we think will happen to Steinberg at the end of the year? Seems to be in the best every week or so in the vfl. I'd like us to give him a go, and hold him in higher regard than Pears, but I don't know who he replaces. Given the saints/dogs and others need more defenders he may be looked at.

I like Hams but understand that his contract is up at the end of the year. Are we likely to hold onto him? Has a crack from what I saw of him in vfl last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back