Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true. it is absolute and complete lunacy. Telling a senior coach they can't meet with recruits?! Jesus.
I agree.. still trying to pick my jaw off the ground.

Club is acting like a headless chook at the moment.

"Allowed no contact with players"

c7d6495e-d6fd-46d6-8b2b-1855d984f1e2_800.jpg

What you see here is actually a vintage ploy by the board and Bomber... Hird was told not to make contact with players so they've secretly asked Browne to chase him around the oval in a bid to tag him, thus releasing the coaching throne to Bomber T.

Last edited:

It's still a very long bow to draw.

At Essendon he is almost certainly in competition with Carlisle, Daniher and Ambrose for a spot. We still have Ryder and Winderlich on the list. With Ryder we'll also probably look at Bellchambers more forward.

At St Kilda he is very arguably already forward number 2. A position is his to lose especially given that he is already as developed as he is physically.

That he is an EFC fans probably means that he paid attention to us longer than he would any other club knowing that the best thing for his career is to get games and not play for the club he supported as a kid where he is probably also looking at a reasonably significant role change (as more of a small than the KPP he plays as).
I read that and thought you were talking about Garlett replacing Davey LOL

So with the Ryder trade seemingly going nowhere, its pretty obvious we'll have to get a 3rd party involved. What do you guys think of this?
Essendon lose: Ryder + Pick 19 (does it move back to Pick 20 after compo?), Essendon gain Patton + Pick 4 + Pick 37ish
Port lose: O'Shea + Pick 17 + Pick 37ish, Port gain: Ryder
GWS lose: Patton + Pick 4, GWS gain: Pick 17 + Pick 19 (20?) + O'Shea

I'm not sure if its even or not, but it sounds (in my head) like it might work.
what on earth???

Twomey's top 25. Take out Heeney and I think that'll basically be the top 10 right there, but it's very even after that.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-07/phantom-form-guide-october-edition

Super keen on Jarrod Garlett, runs hard and fast all day and could add a spark we haven't had since Lovett. Kyle Langford a bit of a smokie, can do some pretty incredible stuff in the air for someone built like a noodle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Board has told Hird he is not allowed to meet with recruits.. as I said.. Hird is basically a puppet coach.. dead man walking.

How can we offer any player certainty over where the club is heading and what position they will be playing etc etc.. when we don't even know who is coaching.

The board MUST be held account for ruining this trade period with a crisis of their own making over NOTHING as it turns out...
The board's biggest **** up was not taking a stance and sticking to it. Either chuck him out back in August (or Feb/April) 2013, or stick by him. Choose a path and don't waver. Stand up to the bullies pushing in either direction and be clear about what you want.

This is a ****ing joke. I absolutely hate this board. It is incompetant and at the moment we are the #efcbasketcase.

I can't stand this crap anymore. It's never been more unbearable than this past week. For the first time it's becoming obvious that our club is going backwards.

We dodged a bullet "missing out" on Jeff Garlett - he's soft and doesn't like physical contact. A poor recruit - he should fit in well with guys like Jack Watts though.

I feel like we have a strong squad of players to build a premiership team. There is no doubt other clubs sense that. While the Draft sanctions are also in place you can feel other clubs don't want to deal with us or give us any sort of advantage.

Garlette going to Melbourne and Membrey going to St Kilda are I believe examples of it.

So, really warming to the idea of one of Picket or Garlett, knowing both will be gone I would love Jordan De Goey and one i am really warming to is Connor Blakely.

big Bodied (186cm, 81kg) inside midfielder whose played seniors at WAFL level all year.
I doubt Garlett will be gone by our pick. I'd prefer someone with pace or great footskills over Blakely if we're going for a small.

So with the Ryder trade seemingly going nowhere, its pretty obvious we'll have to get a 3rd party involved. What do you guys think of this?
Essendon lose: Ryder + Pick 19 (does it move back to Pick 20 after compo?), Essendon gain Patton + Pick 4 + Pick 37ish
Port lose: O'Shea + Pick 17 + Pick 37ish, Port gain: Ryder
GWS lose: Patton + Pick 4, GWS gain: Pick 17 + Pick 19 (20?) + O'Shea

I'm not sure if its even or not, but it sounds (in my head) like it might work.

Bringing GWS in on the deal is good, that trade is not so good.

If Port are so insistent on not giving anything away (basically being scungy campaigners, the physical embodiment of David Koch if you will), then they somehow have to find a way of trading pick 38 for a first round pick. Maybe they trade Tom Clurey and 38 to GWS for 21 and Jon Giles and then ontrade 16, 20 and maybe O'Shea to Essendon.

Patton is going nowhere, not quite horses mouth but good enough for me, plus new contract, conventional logic and all that.

I feel like we have a strong squad of players to build a premiership team. There is no doubt other clubs sense that. While the Draft sanctions are also in place you can feel other clubs don't want to deal with us or give us any sort of advantage.

Garlette going to Melbourne and Membrey going to St Kilda are I believe examples of it.

That's definitely a very glass half full take on Membrey and Garlett going to the Saints and the Demons. I took them not coming to us as an indication of their reluctance to get anywhere vaguely close to the finest cluster**** money can buy.

Lol no, those are not examples or clubs not wanting to deal with us, those are examples of players not wanting to play for us... and can you blame them?

#efcrussianrouletteboard

If we could get Jaksch out of GWS with 17 on offer from Port with Andrew Moore or John Butcher, id happily take it. As stated before, its not really fair, but its about making the best of a bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back