Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rudd

• Donkey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, so everyone here lives in Howard and Rudd's electorate? You can't vote for them if you don't live in Bennelong or Griffith.

Don't you guys think about who's best for your electorate? There are more candidates out there than just John Howard and Kevin Rudd.

I'm voting for the Liberty and Democracy Party:

http://www.ldp.org.au

I keep changing my mind like 50 thousand times, first I thought a change and fresh ideas would be the go so Rudd look alright but he's basically a copycat and we have done pretty well under Howard. Only the work place laws seem to be the negative but they haven't affected me or many other people I know so I cant really judge it.

I'll probably just vote for someone absurd of for the sake of not been able to come up with a clear choice. I really couldn't give a hoot about the election to be honest.

Liberal......we have a very stable economy....no high unemployement, no mass retrenchments, no high interest rates etc......why change for the sake of change?.......Australia is a great place to be, compared to a lot of other countries.....lets keep it that way..

i met john howard and kevin rudd the other day at campbell barracks for the wake of the sas soldier that was killed in afganistan. john howard actually spoke to me whilst rudd totally ignored me. but i still be voting for rudd even tho he is up himself. i just want a change and being a worker its my belief that if your rich u vote libs of your a worker u vote labor

i met john howard and kevin rudd the other day at campbell barracks for the wake of the sas soldier that was killed in afganistan. john howard actually spoke to me whilst rudd totally ignored me. but i still be voting for rudd even tho he is up himself. i just want a change and being a worker its my belief that if your rich u vote libs of your a worker u vote labor

Just clarifying

Did he not talk to anyone or only you?

Just clarifying

he spoke to certain members that are highly known but when i addressed him he turned away and said to a minder please tell this common person i do not talk to those from a lower class. howard however greeted me with a handshake and mentioned how it was a nice day for it (the funeral) .

he spoke to certain members that are highly known but when i addressed him he turned away and said to a minder please tell this common person i do not talk to those from a lower class. howard however greeted me with a handshake and mentioned how it was a nice day for it (the funeral) .

Lol now I know your talking shit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just clarifying

I'm not rich, dont have my own business, and I am a worker, but I still vote Liberal.....Big (and small) businesses must be looked after......without them, there is no work for the worker....then where would we, the workers, be?....just something to think about...simple way of looking at it, but its the bottom line IMO.......then there is the solid economy, low unemployment etc....I see no reason to change just for changes sake..

I'm not rich, dont have my own business, and I am a worker, but I still vote Liberal.....Big (and small) businesses must be looked after......without them, there is no work for the worker....then where would we, the workers, be?....just something to think about...simple way of looking at it, but its the bottom line IMO.......then there is the solid economy, low unemployment etc....I see no reason to change just for changes sake..

Agreed MacMum. I come from a low-middle class background, but I recognize the value of a platform that promotes an environment for small and large business to thrive, a relatively deregulated Labour market to maintain stability inemployment across the business cycle etc...

And unlike many of my fellow uni students, I think that students in Australia have got it bloody good. HECS/HELP is a fantastic system. If students don't like it, how about they look at the system in America.

Additionally, I laugh at those who make absurd claims that the country has become uncaring etc because of one man. People really think that a Prime Minister has the influence to shift widespread social behaviour. Just further evidence of a society that is taight to never accept responsibility for their own problems and externalise all blame.

I also refuse to jump on this Big Brotheresqe bandwagon where people vote based on a whimsical desire for change. I wish we'd make votig voluntary, then most of these people wouldn't show up. They'd be too busy watching E News.

And unlike many of my fellow uni students, I think that students in Australia have got it bloody good. HECS/HELP is a fantastic system. If students don't like it, how about they look at the system in America.

Additionally, I laugh at those who make absurd claims that the country has become uncaring etc because of one man. People really think that a Prime Minister has the influence to shift widespread social behaviour. Just further evidence of a society that is taight to never accept responsibility for their own problems and externalise all blame.

^What he said.

While America's system is worse than ours, surely you can't like HECS (CSP). Student poverty is terrible, i'm expected to devote 40 hours a week to uni (not including travel times), and support myself for 4 years, only to come out with a 30k debt.

While America's system is worse than ours, surely you can't like HECS (CSP). Student poverty is terrible, i'm expected to devote 40 hours a week to uni (not including travel times), and support myself for 4 years, only to come out with a 30k debt.

So who should be paying for "YOUR" tertiary education?

The welfare mentality of some people really surprises me.

The government. (thats not really an option, but they could at least help me out short term). I can't get ANY assistance whatsoever.

The government doesn't have any money, the money they spend belongs to the Australian taxpayer.

That aside, they do offer you assistance. They completely waive your fees until you are in a financial position to pay for them.

Everyone expects something for nothing these days.

Need money? Get a job.

Life is hard.

The government doesn't have any money, the money they spend belongs to the Australian taxpayer.

That aside, they do offer you assistance. They completely waive your fees until you are in a financial position to pay for them.

Everyone expects something for nothing these days.

Need money? Get a job.

Life is hard.
By government i meant tax payers. sorry.

When am i supposed to work? I only have one day free per week, i need to rest as well.
However, i do have a job, as i have no choice. Every cent i earn goes towards getting me to uni and home.

Yep, student life is hard. Better be worth it

Still not voting this election. Will be my third without voting, which kind of pisses me off. Was screwed over by the AEC on both State and the last Federal, and this one being overseas, I only found out that the election had been called 2 days after it had been, so couldn't register as an overseas voter.

Should I have been voting, would've been a clear Labor for the Lower House, and old Mr No pokies (what a gun) for the upper house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Election. who are you voting for?

Back