Game Day Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been interested in anything, including football these last few weeks as I lost my son to a massive brain bleed and had his funeral last tuesday...he was buried down here in our home town after years on the Gold Coast.

..obviously I would like us to win, whether I watch it I don't know. Don't think I'm up to the extra stress that always seems to come with our games.

good luck to our boys in this very important game. Cheers peeps.
Really sorry to hear that MacMum.

Take care . Hope the boys bring it home for you this week.

Haven't been interested in anything, including football these last few weeks as I lost my son to a massive brain bleed and had his funeral last tuesday...he was buried down here in our home town after years on the Gold Coast.

..obviously I would like us to win, whether I watch it I don't know. Don't think I'm up to the extra stress that always seems to come with our games.

So sorry to read that MM. Hope you're okay.

I've still got 2 X tickets in section 233 (row K) if anyone is after some. Couldn't make the trip up from Vic unfortunately.

DM me if you're interested.

All our hearts and thoughts are with you macmum , very sad to hear.
I just lost my mum unexpectedly last month and it was the same for me, football wasn’t relevant . Did manage to go to the two games since but probably a good distraction from my thoughts.
Hoping you can watch the game with someone today
All the best macmum
Keep your friends and family close.

It looks like we need a crowd over 36k but not a record crowd tonight to get the win.
Ignore our bad kicking on the night ha ha.

View attachment 2103650
Heard a stat on 3AW today that Joe's average scoring efficiency in home n away games is 57% yet for finals it jumps to 72%. I am glad it's finals time lol. The panel members think his concentration is stronger in finals.

Mcmum that is so sad. There is no pain greater than that of burying a child. Even crueler is any event like a brain bleed that gives no warning and no opportunity to say goodbye and try to come to terms with the impending crushing grief.

Be gentle on yourself, this is a bad as it gets. Whatever you need to do, or not do, is exactly the right thing.

Try to take care of yourself, with your last few years it will be easy to curl up and hibernate. But we have your back. Whatever you need just contact us as a group or individually and you have support.

Stay strong mcmum. We are all thinking of you and sending our good thoughts your way.

Oh I am so sorry , that’s heartbreaking , you have been through hell these last few years .
I don’t know what to say , but I can give you a virtual hug . Take care ❤️🥲

So sorry for your loss.

Was Fort an emergency for this game? I was confused a little watching the last qtr of vfl game they said he had left the ground to head to the gabba. But then said he was seen limping around.

Could there be an issue with Oscar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts and prayers are with you MacMum; know how difficult the past few years have been for you ❤️

Just jumped onto the Lions forum hoping to read about someone being a late out and read your post.

Just wanted to say although football is a way of life for some, family is the most important thing and I am very sorry for you loss.

I really hope that you hold onto all of those amazing times you had with you son and his spirit lives on inside you and the people who knew him forever.

Take care MacMum and we are all there for you no matter which team we support

Oh geez, I'm so sorry to read that MM... I'm not sure there is anything we can say to ease your pain other than you are in our hearts and thoughts. No one knows loss like the mum of a child, I see it in my mum.

Take care, do what feels right for you, time will ease the pain but it will never erase it.

I'll cheer twice as loud to make up for you... Look after yourself for now.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I spy on them through a crack Elixuh cut in one of the walls at Brighton Homes Arena.

Oh My George Takai GIF

So sorry to hear this macmum, thoughts with you and your family

Oh my God... I just looked into a Palantir and saw the future... Ashcroft and Rayner star in a dominant win. Lions flag favourites again. My God Lions tsunami becomes a thing. LORD HELP ME WE ARE PREMIERS AND I AM SOMEHOW NAKED ON THE MCG.

Lord Of The Rings Elf GIF by Amazon Prime Video
Nuuuuuuuurse

Oh my God... I just looked into a Palantir and saw the future... Ashcroft and Rayner star in a dominant win. Lions flag favourites again. My God Lions tsunami becomes a thing. LORD HELP ME WE ARE PREMIERS AND I AM SOMEHOW NAKED ON THE MCG.

Lord Of The Rings Elf GIF by Amazon Prime Video
I’ll have what he’s having!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back