Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit left of field here so give me some rope, but it was good to see Will fighting people when Logan was bowled over by that grub Newman. Thought he was exceptional - both in the game and the fight.

]Moving on to GWS
I'd like to declare now I will happily take a one point win after leading by 60 points close to half time break.

In fact I'd happily take this scenario all the way to a flag.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit left of field here so give me some rope, but it was good to see Will fighting people when Logan was bowled over by that grub Newman. Thought he was exceptional - both in the game and the fight.
I liked his ground ball pickup that lead to our first goal. Neale-like I would say :D

I thought Hippy did a lot of valuable hard work up and down the ground, but his kicking was sub- standard.
No way should he warrant the negativity.
It felt like most of his disposals were turnovers... I'd have him as Carltons best on ground.

I think in the third or fourth quarter he managed to hit his target twice in about a minute and got a massive cheer from the fans.

We've already wasted too much time on Robbo.

We managed Payne exceptionally well this year after the misstep of last year and wouldn't it be our luck for him to land awkwardly in the fashion that he did.

If he's sort of not quite right for next week we face a tough decision as to whether to roll the dice with him straight away or hope Joyce can do a job and we can get to the Prelim.
Don't think it's a tough decision. Can't be going into such a big game with question marks over fitness of Payne... though I do understand the temptation.

Payne :( eugh

Ranyer was leaping tonight, Morris had some good hands and good set shots too
Zorko was just amazing
Did you actually watch the game? Morris missed a set shot right in front from 10m. And then (what goes on in this blokes head) joked with the goal umpire about it. It was harder to miss than kick.it.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Did you actually watch the game? Morris missed a set shot right in front from 10m. And then (what goes on in this blokes head) joked with the goal umpire about it. It was harder to miss than kick.it.

no I just decided to applaud an 19yr* forward in his first finals for doing well with two pretty great marks and set shots and focus on the positives :)

Daniher gets punished for his reputation like no other by the umpires. Curnow would have gotten 4 free kicks the way he was handled
Thats beause he perpetually stages and whinges. Just kick the goal. Noone cares how great you are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe he has stopped the staging but they the umps have memories

The problem Joe had is that some players are very cunning and geniuses at staging by making it obvious that an infringement has occurred without looking like they weren't trying their best to get it themselves. Unfortunately for Joe he's all arms and legs and went full prima donna on occasions which the media were only too happy to keep highlighting over and over. And once the narrative's in it's impossible to shake.

He actually doesn't stage at all anymore and just looks inquisitively at the ump shaking his head wondering why a free hasn't been paid for clear infringements.

The problem Joe had is that some players are very cunning and geniuses at staging by making it obvious that an infringement has occurred without looking like they weren't trying their best to get it themselves. Unfortunately for Joe he's all arms and legs and went full prima donna on occasions which the media were only too happy to keep highlighting over and over. And once the narrative's in it's impossible to shake.

He actually doesn't stage at all anymore and just looks inquisitively at the ump shaking his head wondering why a free hasn't been paid for clear infringements.
Cripps free in the marking contest against Dunkley comes to mind

Blues bring back 6 injured players with a huge risk attached.
We bring back one player that has missed more that 1 week (Starcevich just 1 week).

Guess which team ended up with an injury before halftime.
This year we really are making up for previous years of low important player injury numbers

WOW! Up to 9-6-60 to 0-0-0 was scintillating footy, no team will beat us in that mode.

It was a strange vibe being 48 points up at half time and still not feeling safe, got a bit hairy there for a fraction but any finals win is a good win.

Dayne Zorko is so bloody good, fantastic vision to spot up players when not many players would even think of taking on that sort of kick.

Fab5- Zorko, Ashcroft, Rayner, Neale, McCluggage... Starcevich brilliant as well. Loved Joe's endeavour re putting on pressure, Kai is an energiser bunny. Jack Payne freed up Harris to play a more natural role.

Let's be brutally honest. Final win for 2024.

I disagree. I think we're good enough to beat the Giants. We only lost that bcos we couldn't kick straight. And I think we're good enough to beat Sydney. Their fans love to say they only lost bcos of the two/3 injuries they copped during the game but imo they lost bcos our intent was stronger.
Will struggle against whoever wins from hawks/cats though.

Hope Payney pulls up ok

I disagree. I think we're good enough to beat the Giants. We only lost that bcos we couldn't kick straight. And I think we're good enough to beat Sydney. Their fans love to say they only lost bcos of the two/3 injuries they copped during the game but imo they lost bcos our intent was stronger.
Will struggle against whoever wins from hawks/cats though.

Hope Payney pulls up ok
If we beat GWS we play the Cats in a prelim. Hawks/Port play the Swans.

Jo does a lot more than enquire of the officials why, just why? He also takes it up vigorously once the occasion has passed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Back