Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo trying to stay relevant. Should be ignored going forward.

Off all people (being an Ex-Lion, bled for the club, got all those stitches and all), he should know this is the type of distraction we don't need prior to a final. Muppett.

My guess is he was drunk and showing off. It's sad when your heros fall. 😮‍💨

That's my feeling too.

There are mental lapses that sometimes develop into a confidence letdown for periods of games and you just can't afford that against good teams
Team seems scarred by those horrible fade outs - I know I am. Demons 2023 Pies 2024 at the G ( well anything at the G ).

To the back line with Hipwood. Need another tall down there and he is only a handy forward but could be our answer down back. We cannot defend when things are going against us as we have simply lost too many defenders
Agreed. We need to recruit back line players - like the Hawks appear to be doing. They grow on trees @ Saints but we cannot keep an intercept marker on the paddock. It's too easy to stiffle Harris when he's one out.

Of course Newman didn't get a ban for his hit on Neale.
It was cited as body contact. He elbowed him in the throat with enough force to knock him over off the ball.

Cripps gets away with coward acts off the ball by not hitting anyone in the head. But he got off when he knocked Cal out anyway, so whatever.

I just don't see how coming from behind a bloke off the ball and striking him across the body with enough force to knock him over is the same as participating in a melee. If one of our guys did what Cripps did to Cripps it'd be all over the media with calls for a suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This tweet needs a warning- I clicked on it expecting to read about Payne and the words ‘defender done for the year’ jumped out at me and my stomach dropped, only to realise a second later they were talking about a Hawks defender and there wasn’t anything new about Payne. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions.

This tweet needs a warning- I clicked on it expecting to read about Payne and the words ‘defender done for the year’ jumped out at me and my stomach dropped, only to realise a second later they were talking about a Hawks defender and there wasn’t anything new about Payne. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions.

Got me as well

There was that game earlier this season when Hipwood started and I thought "ooh, he looks angry for some reason" and he went and took all those contested marks and kicked goals and everything. Did the neighbour's dog poop on his nature strip? Did his girlfriend burn the toast? Whatever it was it should happen more often.

There was that game earlier this season when Hipwood started and I thought "ooh, he looks angry for some reason" and he went and took all those contested marks and kicked goals and everything. Did the neighbour's dog poop on his nature strip? Did his girlfriend burn the toast? Whatever it was it should happen more often.

My daughter calls it his cranky pants face. Always plays well when he is wearing it.

Disappointing by Mitch; even after he's left, hes creating a circus for the club. Probably best if the club unwelcomes him for a number of years.

He's done a vlog about it where he takes zero accountability for his actions last night. No surprise.

Team seems scarred by those horrible fade outs - I know I am. Demons 2023 Pies 2024 at the G ( well anything at the G ).

Look at the bright side though - Rayner, Kai, Morris and Cameron all stood up to turn the tide in that Q4 rather than completely giving up. I think the signs are there on team getting comfortable again with handling pressure.

More importantly scoring is starting to return too. From 124 vs Saints, we fell to 64 vs GWS (24 scoring shots), 78 vs Pies (23 scoring shots). It's starting to move in the right direction again with 87 vs Bombers (32 shots at goal) and 99 vs Blues (with 29 scoring shots).

I think we are primed for a 30+ scoring shot game and a 3 digit score in return. If we kick that well, we'll win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Back