Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Made the mistake of watching that and they really don’t rate us at all .

Hopefully we prove them wrong and hopefully it’s a non Victorian GF .

That would really upset the pro Vic media .
I'm comfortable with commentators not rating us, and given the season we've had it's not unfair. It's up to our boys to prove them wrong, and we've seen our boys seem to like having a challenge.

Will Ashcroft is going to be incredibly good in his prime. We have another Lachie Neale in terms of drive and commitment to consistently improving and adding more strings to their bow.

Guys like Neale & Will are on a different level in terms of their professionalism to being the best athletes they possibly can.

Will Ashcroft is going to be incredibly good in his prime. We have another Lachie Neale in terms of drive and commitment to consistently improving and adding more strings to their bow.

Guys like Neale & Will are on a different level in terms of their professionalism to being the best athletes they possibly can.

And we're getting a second one in this draft !

Let's hope so.

Really liked Starcevich's game again. He's a key player for us.

Froggy is just undersized to play on the big dogs but he tried his guts out and made some great saves tonight.

Payne in just allows Harris and these smaller guys more freedom. It was just so apparent in that first quarter how big an influence Payne could be . In fact his foot injury last year probably cost us a flag.
Lester’s come from behind spoil late in the third was SENSATIONAL. The recognition from his teammates was testament to how important that action was. He applies that pressure every week.

Catching up on some footy programs and Sunday Footy Show again demonstrates its biased. Barrett defends Newman and says it’s Lachies fault and Newman just defended himself. No mention or footage of Cripps cheap shit and Lloyd again saying we are the only team that can’t win it. Maybe true but Lloyd just loves getting stuck into us. He’s one of love to stick it up.

Absolutely incredible, man is still harbouring a 23 year grudge. Which is funny because Bucks has clearly moved on to his credit, and he had way more of a reason to hate us.

Absolutely incredible, man is still harbouring a 23 year grudge. Which is funny because Bucks has clearly moved on to his credit, and he had way more of a reason to hate us.
I dont always agree with Buckley but he comes across as one of the most adjusted of all the former players. Seems to be fairly balanced with minimal bias against various teams.

You can absolutely play with a partial MCL tear, main issue is it can be a bit unstable medially which leaves you vulnerable to other injuries if you land awkwardly.

GWS don’t have a huge forward line, would prefer Payne at 60% than Joyce tbh
KPD over 100kg, jumps off his left leg no way I would play him unless it was a minor MCL strain.

Payne is a serious unit. Nickname should be Reacher.
I was looking at him coming off the ground and thought whoaa , look at the shoulders and arms on that guy.

If we can get his confidence up to the level it looked to be in the first quarter on Saturday he's going to end up one helluva weapon.

KPD over 100kg, jumps off his left leg no way I would play him unless it was a minor MCL strain.
i might be wrong, i thought it was his right leg he injured?

I am skeptical of him being right BUT the fact the club is talking about him training on tuesday seems like a positive. when players do zero work and just front up for thursday training, that's when you know it's a genuine roll of the dice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am skeptical of him being right BUT the fact the club is talking about him training on tuesday seems like a positive. when players do zero work and just front up for thursday training, that's when you know it's a genuine roll of the dice
I'm in the skeptical camp as well but really hopping that's wrong

maybe club has posted something, but looking at the replay, thought it was his left leg that suffered

I am a bit like you with him being fit, surely cannot be 100%, but suppose we will get a better idea on Tuesday and Thursday

Bit different in a final, club will be much more likely to take a risk. They'll have a backup plan if he goes down as well you'd think, I don't remember if Starc played against GWS last time but he can play key position if required IMO although it does leave us extremely short in the air

Bit different in a final, club will be much more likely to take a risk. They'll have a backup plan if he goes down as well you'd think, I don't remember if Starc played against GWS last time but he can play key position if required IMO although it does leave us extremely short in the air
From our team that beat the Blues, the ins / outs from our last game against Giants are

Ins - McKenna / Hipwood / Answerth / Payne
Outs - Prior / Smith / Brain / Joyce

From our team that beat the Blues, the ins / outs from our last game against Giants are

Ins - McKenna / Hipwood / Answerth / Payne
Outs - Prior / Smith / Brain / Joyce
Hmm this gives me more confidence we can match them tbh. We gave away so many goals from poor defending last game

Hmm this gives me more confidence we can match them tbh. We gave away so many goals from poor defending last game

Yeah Andrews, Joyce, Lester, Zorko and Brain really hurt us in the last quarter and 5 minutes. Up to then our midfield dominance meant the Giants only kicked 5 in close to 3 quarters

I think Answerth makes a bid difference to the balance of the backline and hopefully Andrews works through not getting everything his way

Coaches award/ Gary Ayres Medal​

Brisbane v Carlton​

10 Dayne Zorko (BL)
8 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
6 Cameron Rayner (BL)
4 Lachie Neale (BL)
1 Darcy Wilmot (BL)
1 Brandon Starcevich (BL)

Looks about right to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Back