Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingy took us out of his seeds today. Just FYI 🙂
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

I don't think we are a full 4 quarter team to be honest (not sure any team is with the pace of the game). We seem to be a team that wants an early lead then suffocate any momentum from the other team.

I'd take a 60-0 head start in the trust half and losing the second half any day of the week tbh.

I think people are getting a bit caught up in the second half. No team in finals is trying hard for four quarters when you're up 60-0 before halftime lol and have another sudden death match against actual opposition the week after. Carlton kicked, what, 4 or 5 goals late when Harris was off and Eric was our only tall KPD. If we hadn't gone into next week mode we would have kept them under 50 easily.

I think people are getting a bit caught up in the second half. No team in finals is trying hard for four quarters when you're up 60-0 before halftime lol and have another sudden death match against actual opposition the week after. Carlton kicked, what, 4 or 5 goals late when Harris was off and Eric was our only tall KPD. If we hadn't gone into next week mode we would have kept them under 50 easily.

I think because we've taken the foot off the gas on a few occasions this year and been run down that our second half performance on Saturday impacts us more than it should.

I noted Harris had 93% game time, he is usually between 90 and 100, did he spend his 7% off all in one chunk at the end?

As a side not Joe is often 100%. Pretty impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noted Harris had 93% game time, he is usually between 90 and 100, did he spend his 7% off all in one chunk at the end?

As a side not Joe is often 100%. Pretty impressive.

1725929313553.png

So he was off for the last 8-9 min

I've taken it to realise that how few actually paid any attention to the end of the game. There was zero commentary that Andrews was off the ground and Hipwood was playing back on McKay (Lester on Pittonet) when they kicked 3 junk time goals. Its like they just saw the end score worm and said Brisbane arent that good as they let Carlton come back a little.

I'm totally fine with less attention and media favouritism as I think we do better as underdog. But it just re-emphasises the complete lack of competent analysis our games get from the media

Hippy and Andrews with health worries for me.

Hippy has to be injured, goes for the big kicks to get the ball away from him cause he knows he can't follow up with a handball receive.

Andrews off - don't need to rest a player who never normally rests unless there is something amiss.

Injuries are cruel this year, and likely costly.

Hippy has to be injured, goes for the big kicks to get the ball away from him cause he knows he can't follow up with a handball receive.

Andrews off - don't need to rest a player who never normally rests unless there is something amiss.

Are you referring to the last 8 minutes of the game where Andrews was on the bench?

It's finals mate - nothing wrong with benching him.

Are you referring to the last 8 minutes of the game where Andrews was on the bench?

It's finals mate - nothing wrong with benching him.
Especially when the game was won and he is the least affordable loss to the team if he was to get injured considering all of the other injuries to backline players.

Nothing wrong with Andrews - they benched him because a) he’s too valuable at the moment to risk even the slightest chance of an injury when b) we literally didn’t need him to close out the game in front.

I'm enjoying going back to Cam Rayner thread and updating his achievements in finals. Just for the one reason I want us to win this week with him kicking 4 or 5. Go Cam ! go get 'em !

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Elimination Final, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Back