Unofficial Preview Elimination Final Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time for us to finally put together the finals series we've been waiting 6 seasons for. Tired of falling so close to a premiership year after year. Our last 2 finals series for the most part have been very mature and much improved on our previous finals campaigns. I want to see us put together 4 fantastic performances. We're more than good enough, we just need the maturity and poise to get the job done for 4 games.
I feel much the same and am confident we have the ability to do it.... however it will be quite deflating if we go out on Saturday night.

Finding this hard to comprehend - I can't recollect anyone in the AFL ever coming back from an ACL so quickly.
There was a few who came back quickly back when the LARS surgery was a thing… but after a few failures it got blacklisted by surgeons.

I honestly hope he gets through. I hate the thought of him coming back and having doing his knee again. He’s been through enough in his career.
…I also hope his selection backfires and he doesn’t have match fitness!

I feel much the same and am confident we have the ability to do it.... however it will be quite deflating if we go out on Saturday night.
We should win Saturday. No doubt Carlton will be fired up - but so should we, it’s an elimination final. I’ll say it, if we lose i’ll call the season wasted (injuries not withstanding).

Made my way out to the Open Training Session this morning.
Was only a very light session as a whole.
Lachie, Hugh, Hippy, Payne and Bruuuuce were only on very light duties, barely did anything really.

Didn’t see Darcy Gardiner on field at all but he was there. Didn’t see Kalin Lane at all. Linc may have done his first bit of running today at a guess as he got some cheers when he took off for the first jog. Doedee looked pretty good and fit as did Linc. Kiddy on the other hand, still looking very proppy particularly early in his session but got a bit more freedom as he went on. Still quite a bit of swelling in his knee and not full extension or range of movement, was doing a bit of running though.

Goal kicking was shabby.

Lachie, Hugh, Hippy, Payne and Bruuuuce were only on very light duties, barely did anything really.

Didn’t see Darcy Gardiner on field at all but he was there. Didn’t see Kalin Lane at all. Linc may have done his first bit of running today at a guess as he got some cheers when he took off for the first jog. Doedee looked pretty good and fit as did Linc. Kiddy on the other hand, still looking very proppy particularly early in his session but got a bit more freedom as he went on. Still quite a bit of swelling in his knee and not full extension or range of movement, was doing a bit of running though.

Goal kicking was shabby.
I want to like this for the news but not sure if its good or bad. Still long time for the ACL returns, so not a huge issue.

But the goal kicking being shabby is still such a worry. I hope we get that early confidence booster to kick things off

Goal kicking was shabby.
Thanks for sharing. Anyone standing the mark during set shot practice?

Goal kicking was shabby.
crying-drinking.gif

Baffling how Docherty is going to be available for this game. I guess he is at the stage of his career though where any other long-term injury is his career done anyway.

I imagine if he was a 20 something year old with a full career ahead of him, they wouldn't risk it.

I want to like this for the news but not sure if its good or bad. Still long time for the ACL returns, so not a huge issue.
Yeah, wouldn't put much focus on these players when their return is at vastly different parts of the 2025 season.
  • Kiddy: Round 1
  • Doedee Round 3
  • Dizzy/Linc: Round 8
  • Lane: 2nd half 2025
Don't think we saw WAshcroft at training regularly until like a month or 2 before he returned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows how different recovery can be. Kiddy sounds miles off and they did it in the same game. Hope he is putting his all in to recovery - hasn’t always been the best at off season recovery which seems analagous.

Any advice on a good venue to watch the swans giants game on near the gabba? Pineapple hotel was rammed last time.

Shows how different recovery can be. Kiddy sounds miles off and they did it in the same game. Hope he is putting his all in to recovery - hasn’t always been the best at off season recovery which seems analagous.

Any advice on a good venue to watch the swans giants game on near the gabba? Pineapple hotel was rammed last time.
We watched at Brisbane Brewing Co this time last year. That game will be done by 6pm and it's only a 20 minute walk max to the Gabba.

It's a good game to show where the maturity of the group is at really. They're going to come out guns blazing and will probably get an initial adrenaline hit with the guys they (may) have returning. Unfortunately for them adrenaline can only sustain you for so long, and eventually the lack of match fitness/general carrying of injuries for a lot of their key guys should tell.

We basically need to hold up in the first half and then hopefully we should have the legs in the second. I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't finish the game off strongly. If we are in the game at HT there really should be no excuses for our guys not to go on with the job.
At half time i would prefer us not to be in the game but few goals in front personally. Only my opinion but few of their guys coming back from injury so they might be a little rusty early on so hopefully we hit them with everything in the first quarter ala GWS but put some scoreboard pressure on this time. The likes of Mckay and Curnow maybe getting a feel for it more after half time but stats wise our best quarters are our first and second so hopefully the game is well and truly in our hands at half time.

Finding this hard to comprehend - I can't recollect anyone in the AFL ever coming back from an ACL so quickly.
Somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind - Tom Liberatore may have. "Remarkably, less than five months later he was pulling on the Bulldogs jersey again, running onto a packed MCG to take on the superstars of Essendon in a crucial Round 21 clash"

If anyone is after 2 x adult tickets I'm selling my seats in Section 233 Row K (Level 1 behind the goals). I couldn't arrange time off to come from Melbourne.

I'll only sell to Lions fans and if you promise to make plenty of noise. Cheers 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back