Preview Elimination Final: West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 05/09/19 @ 8:10 PM AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would expect Nic Nat only plays 50 to 60 per cent game time. Could be a big liability if they cop a few injuries early. Also means they will have to play a second ruck. We will get a hold of them when he is resting if they don't.
He has played three games this year, rounds 15 to 17, with an average game time of 55 percent, with his highest time on ground coming in his last game at 58 percent.

Would be tempting to run a Brown or Ambrose against him for small patches and run him ragged.

Last edited:

Reading the Big Footy Bombers threads tonight it seems like there is a lot of genuine and reasoned footy discussion. Is that a fair take on what generally goes on here?

I’m looking for somewhere to read and talk footy seeing that Blitz has been taken over by a handful of sooks trying to outdo each other with their pissing and moaning about the club.

To stay on topic, I’ll add that I hope that both Hurls and Chook play and that Ambrose goes to Darling. He’s the forward that we have to stop. With Gleeks and Saady and Conor off half back we set up really well. Obviously we need to make sure that they don’t jump us. The more scoreboard pressure that we put on early the better and we might get some carry over from their recent Hawks debacle. We also need Brown or even Smack to take McG wide and out of the game. Give space to String and Walla and hope that Fanta steps up. He’s due. I would also give big roles through the middle to Parish and McGrath as I reckon both are ready. Gonna be tough but really looking forward to the game.

Reading the Big Footy Bombers threads tonight it seems like there is a lot of genuine and reasoned footy discussion. Is that a fair take on what generally goes on here?

I’m looking for somewhere to read and talk footy seeing that Blitz has been taken over by a handful of sooks trying to outdo each other with their pi**ing and moaning about the club.
Umm yeah sure...
giphy.gif

I’m gonna keep thinking (even pretending if I have to) that I’m in the right place. The sooking in Blitz has claimed me.
Although I’m not a blitz poster, it looks like we have more reasonable discussions here from the limited time I spent there. Probably the reason why I haven’t warmed up to it.

Can we talk about the game people?

We are in with a shot if we play to our best. Good move to rest Stringer & co, esp since we got the Thurs game.

How sweet would next weekend be if we can pull off a win!

Can we talk about the game people?

We are in with a shot if we play to our best. Good move to rest Stringer & co, esp since we got the Thurs game.

How sweet would next weekend be if we can pull off a win!
The changes to the team from round 14 for us should be
IN Stringer, Gleeson, Francis
OUT Begley, Guelfi, Zaharakis

That is a huge improvement i reckon.

West Coast have some injury concerns with Kennedy and Hurn not 100 percent. They are trying to rush back Nic Nat who is not match fit but has the ability to destroy us so they will risk him. They will strongly consider bringing hutchings back from a hamstring injury due to his shutdown job on saad last time. They will also most likely bring Schofield back to the defence to help out Barrass who has lost the plot in his last 2 games.

Kennedy killing us and Saad being shutdown looks like 2 areas we could get immediate improvement on. Yeo dominated in the guts so they should be putting plenty of work into him. WC smalls feasted as well which is why id send Mcgrath back for a shutdown role.

Bit if talk over here Kennedy and Hurn will play not 100%

I'd be happy for McGrath to go back. It's either that or inside for me. No more wing. Depending on where McGrath plays if Back then Heppell onball and a tagging role on Shuey or if McGrath goes onball then a tag outside on Gaff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit if talk over here Kennedy and Hurn will play not 100%

I'd be happy for McGrath to go back. It's either that or inside for me. No more wing. Depending on where McGrath plays if Back then Heppell onball and a tagging role on Shuey or if McGrath goes onball then a tag outside on Gaff.
Merrett performs at his best when he's hunting and tackling. I think he goes head to head with Shuey with a high priority on ruining shueys night. I think Shiel should go to Gaff. Yeo is the one that needs plenty of attention, maybe Clarke should get first go at him.

The changes to the team from round 14 for us should be
IN Stringer, Gleeson, Francis
OUT Begley, Guelfi, Zaharakis

That is a huge improvement i reckon.

West Coast have some injury concerns with Kennedy and Hurn not 100 percent. They are trying to rush back Nic Nat who is not match fit but has the ability to destroy us so they will risk him. They will strongly consider bringing hutchings back from a hamstring injury due to his shutdown job on saad last time. They will also most likely bring Schofield back to the defence to help out Barrass who has lost the plot in his last 2 games.

Kennedy killing us and Saad being shutdown looks like 2 areas we could get immediate improvement on. Yeo dominated in the guts so they should be putting plenty of work into him. WC smalls feasted as well which is why id send Mcgrath back for a shutdown role.

Kennedy hasn’t looked right the last few games, neither has Hurn. A bit like us, Eagles must feel that playing them at 60-70% is better than their replacement. Unlike us though, we have given our players in the same situation a significant rest. Which should help.

I’m actually a big fan of Nic Nat, but it is very risky to play him. No WAFL game time, had only increased his TOG to about 58% when he was injured again. Feels similar to what we did in 2017 when we brought Hurley and Fantasia in underdone.

Hutchings won’t make it back for this one. Eagles are counting on them winning this and will bring him back for the second final. This frees up Saad.

Weather is now turning out to be dryer than expected. Should be able to use our speed as an advantage.

Article recently said the feeling about this game is “Eagles just need to show up to win it”. Bit disrespectful to the team and I hope they’re fired up to put up one hell of a fight.

Sneaky feeling we will win this one.

Merrett performs at his best when he's hunting and tackling. I think he goes head to head with Shuey with a high priority on ruining shueys night. I think Shiel should go to Gaff. Yeo is the one that needs plenty of attention, maybe Clarke should get first go at him.

I’d have thought Clarke goes to Shuey, Yeo is a Fyfe type player that is going to be too strong overhead for Clarke, Shuey is the damaging one from stoppages, block his run and force him to release by hand to limit his impact.

Ambrose could do a similar role on Yeo to what he did with Fyfe if we’re going down that path.

Not sure we have anyone to run a direct head to head on Gaff, he’s got a massive engine that means guys like Merrett and Shiel aren’t going to be suited.

I’d rather see us lock-down on Shuey in close with Ambrose on Darling to begin with, then back Shiel, Merrett, Parish and Stringer to win their share of clearances. Natanui v Bellchambers will be pretty important here, if Bellchambers can limit Natanui’s impact and play a decent amount of time on ground against their second ruckman then we should be ok there. If.

I’d have thought Clarke goes to Shuey, Yeo is a Fyfe type player that is going to be too strong overhead for Clarke, Shuey is the damaging one from stoppages, block his run and force him to release by hand to limit his impact.

Ambrose could do a similar role on Yeo to what he did with Fyfe if we’re going down that path.

Not sure we have anyone to run a direct head to head on Gaff, he’s got a massive engine that means guys like Merrett and Shiel aren’t going to be suited.

I’d rather see us lock-down on Shuey in close with Ambrose on Darling to begin with, then back Shiel, Merrett, Parish and Stringer to win their share of clearances. Natanui v Bellchambers will be pretty important here, if Bellchambers can limit Natanui’s impact and play a decent amount of time on ground against their second ruckman then we should be ok there. If.
Yeah i agree Shuey needs to be locked down. Merrett is a good tackler, competitive and gives Shuey plenty to think about going the other way. I think Merrett thrives when hunting rather than being tagged himself. Agree Gaff is hard to go with, due to his tank. He runs all day and just accumulates. Whoever matches up against him, wont be a classic tag but you still have to have someone opposed to him. Shiel i think could be that guy to give Gaff something to worry about when WC dont have the ball. Yeo is always going to be a difficult match up because of his height and overhead marking. I do recall the job Ambrose did on Fyfe, which i think from memory involved Stringer at the bounce and then Ambrose taking over. Clarke also did a good job on the taller Cripps when we played carlton. Yeo is probably a team effort. You mentioned Parish also who i think could suit Sheed. Sheed likes to sneak forward though and im hoping Darce would be all over that while still getting forward for 1 or 2 himself.

I’m looking for somewhere to read and talk footy seeing that Blitz has been taken over by a handful of sooks trying to outdo each other with their pi**ing and moaning about the club.

To stay on topic, I’ll add that I hope that both Hurls and Chook play and that Ambrose goes to Darling. He’s the forward that we have to stop. With Gleeks and Saady and Conor off half back we set up really well. Obviously we need to make sure that they don’t jump us. The more scoreboard pressure that we put on early the better and we might get some carry over from their recent Hawks debacle. We also need Brown or even Smack to take McG wide and out of the game. Give space to String and Walla and hope that Fanta steps up. He’s due. I would also give big roles through the middle to Parish and McGrath as I reckon both are ready. Gonna be tough but really looking forward to the game.
Yeah I'm feeling ya. There's definitely some of that here but nothing like those weirdos. It did my head in. Good balance of banter and smarts here. You'll work out pretty quickly who the extremists are too

BB is full of nutcases who form their own little online coteries and jostle for attention. I gave up on the joint years ago.

This place basically has no complete nutters and there’s more interesting debates from slightly less deranged bomber fans who mostly respect each other’s opinion but are prone to pointing pitchforks at various moments.

BB is full of nutcases who form their own little online coteries and jostle for attention. I gave up on the joint years ago.

This place basically has no complete nutters and there’s more interesting debates from slightly less deranged bomber fans who mostly respect each other’s opinion but are prone to pointing pitchforks at various moments.

You think blitz is bad, you should visit Bombertalk.

Wow.

You think blitz is bad, you should visit Bombertalk.

Wow.

I never visit any other EFC online forum other than bf.

Fb pages and other websites are just terrible.

We have had a long run of outstanding moderators on this board too over the last 10 odd years. That helps a lot to keep the mentally unhinged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back