Preview Elimination Final: West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 05/09/19 @ 8:10 PM AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 1 week to go and I’m starting to feel a little more positive about this final. The Hawks showed the Eagles are beatable on their home turf, and we did knock off Freo in WA a few weeks ago. Weagles have Nic-Nat and Kennedy both playing well below their best, whereas we will have some gunn players freshened up and back in the team. Plus Woosha would love nothing more than to beat his old team in a final. Hopefully Hurley plays and our line up is something like;-

Ambrose Hurley McKenna
Francis Hooker Saad
Parish Merrett McGrath
Tippa Stringer Ham
Laverde McKernan Fanta

Bellcho Heppell Shiel

Bench: Redman Langford Gleeson Brown

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The hawthorn victory is a big sign that WC are not 100% on their game at the moment and their system has vulnerable holes that can be exposed.

It’s just another game. Finals are just another game. Elimination finals are awesome because it’s really about which team really wants it more..the win. Because there’s no second chance next week with defeat.

If we get on top of them early and grind them down with relentless pressure and don’t allow them to control the ball with short passes like the last time 6 weeks ago...we are every chance of winning.

All I saw last time sitting in my prime viewing seat on the wing was bomber players giving up early.

They didn’t want to run and pressure and get numbers to the ball.

So WC just waltzed around and had time and space to play their game..which revolves heavily on drilling it to JK and Darling.

The first 10 minutes will show what our mindset is. How desperate we are in the midfield contested ball situations.

There’s no excuses this time to accept a belting.

We have to be aggressive and pressure the WC ball carrier over and over.

And get it down to Jake.

the mindset for first 10 minutes doesnt mean anything if they dont keep it up for the whole game. Remember against the bulldogs we looked absolutely on? All commentators were saying as much and I remember specifally turning to my mate and saying "wow this is a different team to last week!" Then the bulldogs kicked the next 21 goals!!!

Cheers mate. Congrats too.

Can't seem to find baby membership. Pretty sure I know of people that got one for demons or saints.
Membership is closed for this year, maybe hold off until they open up again in October or so?

Mortgage your house for a flight.
During regular season lined up outside the ticket office from 3am in the morning, peeps were already there. Ticket office didn't open til 9am.
But that was when WCE played @ Subiaco, I assume it's worse now. They really do need an 80,000 seat stadium over there.

I had a piss under that tree once, or did I sleep under that one and piss under the other one, bugger. Maybe I stole the car, ditched it done a runner and ran into one of those trees.
If we could win this one I'm happy to film a re enactment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL.com.au website :

Each team has mock team changes. Essendon's looks spot on.

In: Orazio Fantasia, Dyson Heppell, Jake Stringer, Cale Hooker
Out: Josh Begley (omitted), Brayden Ham (omitted), Tom Jok (omitted), Michael Hartley (omitted)
It's a simple case for the Bombers, really. They will bring back their big guns who missed last week's clash with Collingwood after being either rested or, in the case of Hooker, ill. Begley makes way for Stringer in the forward line, Fantasia and Heppell are back as midfield options for Jok and Ham, while Hartley is out for Hooker. However, Hartley could come back in the side given the wait-and-see approach the Bombers will take for Michael Hurley and his injured shoulder. - Callum Twomey

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Out: Josh Begley (omitted), Brayden Ham (omitted), Tom Jok (omitted), Michael Hartley (omitted)
It's a simple case for the Bombers, really. They will bring back their big guns who missed last week's clash with Collingwood after being either rested or, in the case of Hooker, ill. Begley makes way for Stringer in the forward line, Fantasia and Heppell are back as midfield options for Jok and Ham, while Hartley is out for Hooker. However, Hartley could come back in the side given the wait-and-see approach the Bombers will take for Michael Hurley and his injured shoulder. - Callum Twomey

Begley and Hartley are named in the VFL squad so they’re sure to miss.

I think those changes are logical assuming Hurley gets up.

Congrats to both of you, BUT, start saving now coz 18 is just around the corner, baby memberships will be the least of your problems.
Congrats also and I’ll have both versions myself in a few months...just hope the newborn is more interested in the Bomber membership than the rebellious 18 year-old daughter has been so far....:rolleyes:

not far off the mark, good assessment.
Congrats also and I’ll have both versions myself in a few months...just hope the newborn is more interested in the Bomber membership than the rebellious 18 year-old daughter has been so far....:rolleyes:
Good luck with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back