Emma Quayle's top 10- on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, happy to try and help out where I can if anyone has any questions, but maybe better to email me at equayle@theage.com.au cos my in box keeps filling up and I'm sure you don't want me hanging around (although the site is great and I don't seem to get bagged too much :p)

Just remember that I most definitely don't know who all the clubs are going to pick!! In the next couple of weeks once I've gathered some more info I'll put together a few different lists and try nut out the top 10 for The Age, but I need more time!!! It's a really tough one to figure out this year, there's a big log jam of players around the middle of the first round which should mean some nice surprises for the teams around that mark.

Hope I wasn't out of line skulking around the site! And I appreciate all the nice feedback about the book....

Cheers

The book was the best I have read all year. Anymore in the pipeline?

Where do people see Blease & Sidebottom going in the draft, could they be the sliders of the draft? I would love to get them both with Picks 18 & 20.

Where do people see Blease & Sidebottom going in the draft, could they be the sliders of the draft? I would love to get them both with Picks 18 & 20.

No chance to get sidebottom at 18 i wouldnt think...then again im not a recruiter. I think blease will be there abouts, might just have been picked.

In short sidebottom no blease possible

Sidebottom at the lowest would be Pick 13, Blease Might get to 18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon North might pull a surprise and take someone like Blight.

I would be surprised if they went for Blight, but then, twelve months ago I wouldn't have thought they would take Tarrant in the first round.

I remain completely unconvinced that North have to go for midfield help though. Their KP stocks aren't so impressive at either end that they can't take a good one.

what is the name of this book and where will i be able to purchase 1 ? thnks

The book is called "The Draft" and it should be available at all the big book stores. Boarders, Angus Robertson etc. its about 30 bucks and well worth it.

I would be surprised if they went for Blight, but then, twelve months ago I wouldn't have thought they would take Tarrant in the first round.

I remain completely unconvinced that North have to go for midfield help though. Their KP stocks aren't so impressive at either end that they can't take a good one.

Honestly KP forward really is not a concern the way things are looking... Yes a KP defender would be very handy but that is it as far as KPP go.

Hey guys, happy to try and help out where I can if anyone has any questions, but maybe better to email me at equayle@theage.com.au cos my in box keeps filling up and I'm sure you don't want me hanging around (although the site is great and I don't seem to get bagged too much :p)

Just remember that I most definitely don't know who all the clubs are going to pick!! In the next couple of weeks once I've gathered some more info I'll put together a few different lists and try nut out the top 10 for The Age, but I need more time!!! It's a really tough one to figure out this year, there's a big log jam of players around the middle of the first round which should mean some nice surprises for the teams around that mark.

Hope I wasn't out of line skulking around the site! And I appreciate all the nice feedback about the book....

Cheers
Thanks heaps for coming on here, when the potential for snipers is large!

Honestly KP forward really is not a concern the way things are looking... Yes a KP defender would be very handy but that is it as far as KPP go.
Which is why I'm thinking of Blight.

Can hold down a key position as well as play in the midfield equally well.

Ok, the jokes gone on long enough!
Phil Davis doesn't exist. I made him up and started a few stories about him to see how many people would suddenly start including him in their phantom & mock drafts. Clearly it has worked. I made up the highlights tape as well. Only thing is it isn't this 'Davis' character either. It was of a 20 year old who snuck into an U17 game for North Adelaide. North were busted and fined for it.
Forget you heard the name Phil Davis, he doesn't exist.....honestly :p

Actually he is a fair gun (and good bloke). Although I hear Crows are considering McKernan at pick 10.

Ok, the jokes gone on long enough!
Phil Davis doesn't exist. I made him up and started a few stories about him to see how many people would suddenly start including him in their phantom & mock drafts. Clearly it has worked. I made up the highlights tape as well. Only thing is it isn't this 'Davis' character either. It was of a 20 year old who snuck into an U17 game for North Adelaide. North were busted and fined for it.
Forget you heard the name Phil Davis, he doesn't exist.....honestly :p

Actually he is a fair gun (and good bloke). Although I hear Crows are considering McKernan at pick 10.
I've often considered if this would actually work. :D

bump

updated top 10 for Emma

1. Watts
2. Naitanui
3. Hill
4. Hartlett/Vickery
5. Yarran
6. Hurley
7. Rich
8. Vickery/Hartlett
9. Ziebell
10. McKernan

Big fall for Rich. Don't see it happening myself

bump

updated top 10 for Emma

1. Watts
2. Naitanui
3. Hill
4. Hartlett/Vickery
5. Yarran
6. Hurley
7. Rich
8. Vickery/Hartlett
9. Ziebell
10. McKernan

Big fall for Rich. Don't see it happening myself

neither do i. you'd think essendon would be looking at Yarran in the belief that rich has already gone. if he's still there, i don't think he'd make it to pick 6, let alone 7. then again, if essendon really think Yarran is the best kid in the draft (as we always seem to come out of draft day saying we got our number 1;) ) then i guess it doesn't matter who else is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back