English Premier League 16/05, 17/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, that was a good result.

I'm not banking on anything from Man Utd, but I can't see Sunderland getting anymore than a point against Chelsea (and they'll be lucky to get that) - so if we win, we'll stay up.

It's a pretty big if though, but if we play like we have the last two games and actually get good decisions for a change, the way Villa have been playing it's not impossible.

Pretty funny this morning too, Alan Wiley blew for a penalty before the ball went in, but still awarded the goal.

Uh-oh.

Pretty funny this morning too, Alan Wiley blew for a penalty before the ball went in, but still awarded the goal.

Uh-oh.

That's how it should be. The only problem with allowing play to occur after the whistle is the defenders might stop and then the attackers score the goal. In this case the goal was scored half a second after Wiley blew the whistle so they should count it.

That's how it should be. The only problem with allowing play to occur after the whistle is the defenders might stop and then the attackers score the goal. In this case the goal was scored half a second after Wiley blew the whistle so they should count it.

It doesn't matter how it 'should be'.

It's not how 'it is'.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Well, I sort of do. In situations like that one where the whistle only went about 1 second before the shot and no-one probably would've stopped anyway, but then it leaves too much open to interpretation from the officials.

But, Wiley got it wrong. He should've laid off the whistle until the shot went in/missed, and then given the penalty. It's not like AFL, once the whistle goes, the play stops in football.

Well, I sort of do. In situations like that one where the whistle only went about 1 second before the shot and no-one probably would've stopped anyway, but then it leaves too much open to interpretation from the officials.

But, Wiley got it wrong. He should've laid off the whistle until the shot went in/missed, and then given the penalty. It's not like AFL, once the whistle goes, the play stops in football.

Yeah, true. Whistle happy Wiley stuffed up, it's not the rule that is a problem.

I'll be going for Newcastle, don't want them to go down and I hate Hull.
Funny how Arsenal fans always want teams that pay them no respect and kick the shit out of them to go down, for years they wanted Bolton gone :)

Hopefully Manchester United win! :eek: :eek:

****ing hate Hull. Knobends.

Come on the Geordies! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is probably old as he looks young but has anyone seen this?

ronaldo.gif

Exactly. Plus, Brown is a self promoting w***er. Giving the team talk at half time out on the pitch during a game this season was ridiculous.

Seriously, that f***ing headset too.

Pulis' hat > Brown's headset

Remove this Banner Ad

English Premier League 16/05, 17/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Back