Toast Enright wins 2011 Carji Greeves Medal (Geelong Best and Fairest)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Carji Greeves Medal (Geelong Best and Fairest)

There was someone on the main board this week who said Enright was over rated, average football player etc. I cant find the post :(

Congrats Boris :thumbsu:

Re: 2011 Carji Greeves Medal (Geelong Best and Fairest)

There was someone on the main board this week who said Enright was over rated, average football player etc. I cant find the post :(

There were plenty in the various AA related threads.

Makes him a dual b&f winner in premiership years for the club :thumbsu:

Well done Boris, continues to be rated inside the club even though he slips under the radar out there in the media etc, which is fine by him.

Well done to Jimmy and Smithy for bouncing back from injury, and Kel who was just fantastic this year. Props to all the others including Pods for going top 10 again, not a bad effort for a second year player.

Well done to Menz also, I see they must have changed the award from 'best first year player' to 'best young player' but I'm happy with that because he's a very worthy winner.

Really like the concept of the Harley award too.

Corey Enright
Gary Ablett Jr
Simon Black
Michael Voss
Jason Dunstall
Leigh Matthews
Albert Collier
Harry Collier
Stuart Spencer
Kevin Bartlett

That's the list of players who've been multiple b&fs in premiership teams in the history of the league.

Corey Enright
Gary Ablett Jr
Simon Black
Michael Voss
Jason Dunstall
Leigh Matthews
Albert Collier
Harry Collier
Stuart Spencer
Kevin Bartlett

That's the list of players who've been multiple b&fs in premiership teams in the history of the league.

Fairly esteemed company for old Boris :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corey Enright
Gary Ablett Jr
Simon Black
Michael Voss
Jason Dunstall
Leigh Matthews
Albert Collier
Harry Collier
Stuart Spencer
Kevin Bartlett

Did Enright and Ablett tie one year? If not, we have fit 4 B&Fs into 3 premierships.

Well done Boris. For years one of our most underrated players. Now starting to get the wider acknowledgement he justly deserves.

Boy did we get it wrong this time hereI:eek: Clearly under the Scott regime player performance measurement has varied considerably with degree of difficulty taking on way greater proportion. As it should IMO.

Boris! I find myself saying this about a lot of our players, but he really is one of my favourites.

I was hoping Kelly or Bartel might win it this year because they haven't won it before, but Boris is a worthy winner. Hard to believe Smithy was 8 votes away from being a triple premiership and b&f winner. :eek:

Congrats Boris. I was actually quite suprised Enright won it given the years Bartel, Kelly, Corey and Selwood had, but I can't possibly say it was undeserved.
Well done.

936209-corey-enright.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Enright wins 2011 Carji Greeves Medal (Geelong Best and Fairest)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back