Premier Lg EPL Matchday 27 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course there are. Watching clubs that have 7 better clubs than them from their country is hardly rewarding good league performance. I'll be more interested if certain nations are excluded. Until then it is hard to see it as anything but a joke of a competition.
I’ve always wondered how it could work should the calculated quotients for Euro places be a cumulative for all comps, as well as the CL as a subset, with 5 as a maximum.

How cool was MacAlister on that final play? Quality delivery and a wonderful directed header by Darwin.

However it’s really 3 points stolen, thought Forest deserved a pen at the other end for holding on the corner. Guess the swings and roundabouts over a season sometimes do happen and we get some compensation for the Diaz “offside” and the Odeggard “non-handball” earlier in the season.

Now, can I bring myself to barrack for Utd tomorrow?
Sarah Silverman Eww GIF by HULU
Huh? Nothing in that holding thing at the corner. Same happened to Danns just minutes earlier. Dont think we stole the three points. More like kept going and won them!

In your view. There'd be heaps of fans across Europe's clubs that would hold the opposite view, as I do, and did before WHU won it btw or had even competed in it, said it before we even competed in it. Didn't want us in it before qualification and 3 iterations on still have zero interest in it as a competition. As I am sure many fans from other clubs would as well.

And yes it has been a few years since winning something, that doesn't mean I hope for relegation, or two, so we can win the championship trophy or EFL trophy.

No-one is hoping for relegation, or finishing lower so they can be in with a chance of playing in the conference. But if we can't make the champions league I'll hope were in the Europa League. If we can't make that I'll hope were in the conference.

UCL is the pinnacle of European football. Unquestionable and undeniable that fans from all over the continent will list their clubs memorable moments from any phase of that competition as among their best football memories. And there's been countless over the decades. UEFA Cup often has weak group stages but with UCL 3rd place entrants (which should be removed) it often has knockout stages with some very big and prestigious clubs competing. The winners honour roll isn't too shabby.

One of my favourite memories of European football is the Europa League semi final against Hamburg. Still remember games against Lokeren, and Poznan (yes that Poznan). It's not all about the competition you're in.

Of course there are. Watching clubs that have 7 better clubs than them from their country is hardly rewarding good league performance. I'll be more interested if certain nations are excluded. Until then it is hard to see it as anything but a joke of a competition.

One thing to consider is the presence of the Premier league teams adds greatly to the overall money in the conference, and that can be huge for clubs from the minor leagues across Europe.

Bet they would consider a game against West Ham or even Spurs as one of the highlights for their club.

Huh? Nothing in that holding thing at the corner. Same happened to Danns just minutes earlier. Dont think we stole the three points. More like kept going and won them!
Danns was standing still, and being blocked. And that was marginal.
My opinion (of course, no facts here) was that the Forest call was a grab and hold someone on the move
I would have been filthy if that wasn’t given if the same happened down our end and wasnt given.

In the en, it doesn’t matter, does it?

Danns was standing still, and being blocked. And that was marginal.
My opinion (of course, no facts here) was that the Forest call was a grab and hold someone on the move
I would have been filthy if that wasn’t given if the same happened down our end and wasnt given.

In the en, it doesn’t matter, does it?
Well Danns cant get on the move as the defender was rugby tackling him. If you dont give the Danns one, you cant give the Forest one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Jesus Christ, how bad is Jackson? Nice header of course, but missing after he rounded the keeper is poor.
Yep, he misses far too many goals he should get. Everything else in his game is fine, but as a CF you just have to nail those.

He also looks better at LW too.

My first thought after a last minute winner is happiness at my teams success. Not rushing to say I told you so at anyone that doubted my team.

I guess it depends whats more important to you.

You see it a bit at games, where a team scores and the first thought of fans is to rub it in to the opposition supporters. Its like they're more happy the opposition supporters have failed than you've succeeded.

I did it once that I can recall. Late equaliser against Wolves. Maybe 2004/2005. Can't remember why they riled me, but the second we equalised I was up and at them. More happy that they were gutted than I was that we had equalised. It was weird.

Last edited:
My first thought after a last minute winner is happiness at my teams success. Not rushing to say I told you so at anyone that doubted my team.

I guess it depends whats more important to you.

You see it a bit at games, where a team scores and the first thought of fans is to rub it in to the opposition supporters. Its like they're more happy the opposition supporters have failed than you've succeeded.

I did it once that I can recall. Late equaliser against Wolves. Maybe 2004/2005. Can't remember why they riled me, but the second we equalised I was up and at them. More happy that they were gutted than I was that we had equalised. It was weird.
Given he has been so maligned it’s about recognising his influence. Fair play for mine in a forum for supporters of all clubs.

Given he has been so maligned it’s about recognising his influence. Fair play for mine in a forum for supporters of all clubs.
To each his or her own.

the first thought of fans is to rub it in to the opposition supporters. Its like they're more happy the opposition supporters have failed than you've succeeded.

Feels like this board nowadays. Sad not much actual discussion goes on anymore.

Feels very ironic the bloke complaining generally wants to discuss refs more than games.
Who is complaining and what does it have to do with referees?

Are you confused?

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 27 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back