AFL Autopsy Ess 12.9.81 def by NM 14.9.93

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that infuriate me:
1. Brad Scotts face
2. Lindsay Thomas's constant staging, playing for free's
3. Scott Thompsons constant ducking head first and pllaying for free's

Other than that I am generally a happy person.

Brad Scott is a stupid football barracker. I doubt he understands the rules of the game any better than the 90yo grandmas that yell 'Ball' EVERY time someone is tackled.

Shattered.

Steinberg and Stanton. That's it.

No more.

I have defended stants for a decade. I cannot do it tonight.

I'm bleeding.

Seinberg couldn't defend against gold coast. We put him in a final.

We lost at selection.

Thompson isn't the genius he thinks he is
have a good night sleep. Maybe watch the replay in the next few days. watch Stanton's highlight package. remember that Steinberg has played 3 games. bookmark this comment. reflect upon this at the same time next year

Shattered.

Steinberg and Stanton. That's it.

No more.

I have defended stants for a decade. I cannot do it tonight.

I'm bleeding.

Seinberg couldn't defend against gold coast. We put him in a final.

We lost at selection.

Thompson isn't the genius he thinks he is
Or that some on here believe he is. Too many put too much value in Premierships won..

For example Cam Mooney has three premierships.. does that make him equal with Voss or better than Buckley? No it doesn't..

Also right now if you could pick a 20 year old Cam Mooney or a 20 year old Heppell.. you would go with Heppell.. even though he hasn't won any premierships because he is a better player.

That is NOT to discount Bombers achievements at all.. he is a great coach.. but there is no way you can say that he is the better coach for this team moving forward.

perhaps if Hird was in the box tonight.. we would have won. Simple as that.

as far as i can tell basically nobody is blaming the umps. which makes it unique for a loss (for any team)
There was plenty of complaining (wrongly) in the game day thread.

Obviously all the sideshow of the week didn't help either. I bet caro is rubbing one out right now.

Or that some on here believe he is. Too many put too much value in Premierships won..

For example Cam Mooney has three premierships.. does that make him equal with Voss or better than Buckley? No it doesn't..

Also right now if you could pick a 20 year old Cam Mooney or a 20 year old Heppell.. you would go with Heppell.. even though he hasn't won any premierships because he is a better player.

That is NOT to discount Bombers achievements at all.. he is a great coach.. but there is no way you can say that he is the better coach for this team moving forward.

no

Well done to your squad. You've got some crazy good young players. Daniher was an absolute monster in the first half and Heppell, although facing niggles, is easily the best from his draft. I have no doubt you'll be playing finals next year as well.

Just throwing this out there but perhaps the significant clearance win in the first half skewed the game (and scoreline) in our favour to let us believe we were playing much much better than we actually were.

They fixed us up out of the middle in the 2nd half and, duly, the match turned in their favour.

We are hoping Ryder doesn't go. We'll all say Jobe was OK and Heppell was excellent but when the game was on the line, where were the 2nd half clearances. I can only remember Chappy going in there when we needed a goal and winning the clearance with it having a direct result on the scoreboard (Daniher snap goal).

Our leaders (with the rest of the mids) need examining too ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things that infuriate me:
1. Brad Scotts face
2. Lindsay Thomas's constant staging, playing for free's
3. Scott Thompsons constant ducking head first and pllaying for free's

Other than that I am generally a happy person.
I can at least agree with number two. There was one instance where he could've played on and had an open shot at goal.

[QUOTE="Bombermania, post: 34953213, member: 53549"]I will sum Stants night up with one piece of play, he was in a race for the ball against one North player but instead of charging the ball he appeared to slow and try and bump the North player when if he had just attacked the ball he may well have had an open goal.

I would have shifted Stants down back in the second half just too add a bit of experience.

All up I suspect the emotion here is more frustration than anything else.[/QUOTE]
and right there is your problem - you have absolutely no concept of what he does and brings to the team, and what the coaches want him to do for the whole game.

wow. that was the shittest. seriously the shittest.

omg i cant actually even.

i'm going to listen to house music and get heinously drunk and try to forget about football. **** me that sucked.

Sigh....

Please just let it go already. Hird is the coach next season hopefully he can justify your position. Until then please refrain from bringing this Hird vs Thompson shit in every thread.

Not the first time it's happened this year...haven't played 4 Quarters all year.
That is the most pertinent point of the lot. Got howled down when I suggested, admittedly too early, after Round 5 that we had gone backwards from both a skills, attitude and 'fitness' sense this year.

But in all seriousness.. most of our wins were scrappy.. our only big wins for the season were against Carlton, out of form Richmond and depleted Collingwood.. not a great resume.

All started when we tried to 'taper' our season to 'peak' in the finals.. worked well for us eh? I think we got outscored in 18 of the 23 last quarters we played..

Look Steinberg's game is excusable. 3rd game. Stanton's isn't. No way should a senior player perform like that in a cut throat final. Very soft and I'v been very lenient in the past.

Ryder looked like he played his last game for Essendon. Gave us that one last goal.

Boys lack experience to coach themselves and slow the game down and set the pace.

Will post after the replay. Lack of KPD hurt for Brown who kept them in it.

As usual, standard of umpiring was shit, both ways, but probably helped North a bit at times.

Obviously everyone can see we are good enough to obliterate a team in a half but lack the mental fortitude and gumption to get the job done - whether that be the close win or foot on throat.

The 7-goal run was inexcusable to concede.

Wells had 10 at quarter time which meant he would be up for it. Should've slammed him from first bounce and broke his spirits. had some key moments.

Chap was a champ. Hope he plays on.

Ryder is gone.

No excuse to lose that as we had time after North hit the front. Year is basically a waste aside from Gleeson, JD, Z.Merrett.

Also, North are shit and fell over the line.

Between our vital errors and timely frees or non-frees, the game was theirs to take. We worked harder but need to get smarter.

heck

Thanks. I'm really proud of him, with Carlisle and Ambrose out, he really stepped it up when it mattered.

had to be said. i know we all say shit about other clubs but I do feel for you blokes tonight. I know how bad the Carlton loss hurt me last year. My tip, go kiss the wife/girlfriend and if you have kids, play with them. Sorta quickly puts things in perspective pretty quick or just go and take a 5 min personal time and beat off...you will feel better afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Ess 12.9.81 def by NM 14.9.93

Remove this Banner Ad

Back