Essendon 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? It does nothing to change my point that percentage can be a false indicator.

Because apparently they were more worthy of 8th spot, so let’s lay it all on the table, if Essendon’s % was fools gold then maybe St Kilda’s tells us something about them.

Let’s see it.

I know they lost to the teams playing in the final on Sunday by 111 and 75 points respectively, that’d be a fair indicator that perhaps they may too have struggled.

Last edited:

So Essendon were inconsistent but St Kilda were more deserving of a final? St Kilda, who were insanely inconsistent all season!

Also, who won out of Essendon and St Kilda this year?

Great analysis isn’t it lol

Last edited:
Really? Was a low scoring game and Essendon wilted hardcore.

There would be plenty of sides who'd perform better than being spanked by 50 in wet conditions.
Essendon’s setup really well. It clearly lacks the physical size and experience to best a seasoned Bulldogs, amplified in the wet. The list is largely in place, cultural issues addressed and coaching and footy dept personnel in place. Now we wait 12-24 months for the fruits of the hard work to emerge. Club well placed for sustained success.

Consolidation needs to be the key message all off-season if Rutten and the powers that be are serious about sustained success. Any talk of breaking the finals draught or even worse pushing for top 4 (which will happen from certain Bombers supporting media members) is just setting up the playing group for failure.

So you want us to tank next year?

Really? Was a low scoring game and Essendon wilted hardcore.

There would be plenty of sides who'd perform better than being spanked by 50 in wet conditions.

And there were plenty of teams who had every opportunity to take it away from a young squad who wilted under the pressure of even getting there.

Essendon made it and lost convincingly to a team most have pegged as a premiership favorite. Don't make it out like it's an annomaly because the mood the Dogs were in, most sides would have copped it.

View attachment 1222853
Lot of this going on now
gotta clutch at something i guess

I imagine a few carlton fans would have taken incremental growth (if not finals), but a healthy dose of schadenfreude in where we were supposed to be this year.
The two clubs fortunes in 2021 were each where the other thought they'd be.

Fast forward, Carlton are the club in the spotlight, in turmoil and from the outside looking in appear to have a lot of management issues & enter 2022 with a new coach and uncertainty. Where they thought they were miles ahead, turns out they were one step behind us on the exact same path.
There'd be hope they can replicate the turnaround.
I hope they do too. I like it when the Dons and Blues are up and about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back