No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

The cats turned up the pressure and the fragile * turned to water.

You know what water doesnā€™t have?

Yep you guessed itā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.. an edge!!!!

Where has the famous * Edge (TM) gone?

Iā€™m going out on a limb here and suggesting that from here on out every game * play against a top 8 team their * Edge (TM) gets a little more chamfered!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The essendon edge is looking far more like a mild bend right now.

Unless I've read this wrong, Essendon have three home games in a row against interstate sides in round 21, 22, 23.

How does that happen?

Not sure they could have had a better draw if they made it themselves.

Why is this article so different to every other one I read about the ess vs geel match?

He's written critical words... about Essendon... in a newspaper. Has he gone mad? He just got uninvited to every AFL function for the remainder of his career.

Not sure they could have had a better draw if they made it themselves.

Why is this article so different to every other one I read about the ess vs geel match?

He's written critical words... about Essendon... in a newspaper. Has he gone mad? He just got uninvited to every AFL function for the remainder of his career.
But but ZaCh MeRrEtt iS tHe BesT CaPTiaN

Not sure what news feed you southern people get, but off the back of a 45 point loss, every half hour, the seven news AFL snippet is all about two contentious free kicks against * to controversially affect the result.

I donā€™t get the media bias, yet we and others, Crows in particular have copped some amazingly poor umpiring in recent times.
Iā€™m over west.

View attachment 2035996

Screwed out of a 45 point loss? You've got to be ****ing kidding me šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£

Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

I have been saying it since they doped and got caught, the media and they themselves turned the whole self inflicted mess around and made Essendon into the victims. They've had that mindset for a decade now, its part of their DNA. Anything goes wrong they turn to water and take the easy excuse out. Last year was hilarious, when they said they were tired and the seasons too long when they collapsed. Like they were a young list. ****ing LOL.

So of course now being belted by an out of form Geelong by 45 points isn't because they're still a mid table team without weapons top eight teams will fear, its because they are victims of poor umpiring.

Similar to us 8 years ago, they are mired in mediocrity, until they accept a no excuses culture and rid the club of any powerbroker (eg Sheedy) who infantilises the club, they're going nowhere. Happily, its never going to happen thanks to the media. So while we all groan about the constant fixation to fellate them, it ultimately does more harm than good. Their leaders should have all come out and said "nope, you get bad calls, we just have to be better". That's it, set the culture. But nope, they'd rather the sympathy, because that's their DNA now.

Essendon and Saints now share a lot of the same DNA and culture. "Woe is me, why is it all so unfair". I personally couldn't be happier,

**** 'em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheating coming next year!
Goldstein will be in his 40s, Package will not be in a contract year, bet they'll be stupid enough to re-sign Heppell, Shiels has he played this year?

Their list profile dictates they should be in Premiership contention now. If the AFL is fair dinkum they won't get such a soft draw next year (unless they don't make finals again).

Slobbo will essential viewing tonight.
Hope Gerard the Cat Supporter godes him.

MR: "Gerard Maaaate! You know I never complain about umpires, but the standard of umpiring we've seen in 2024 is just just what's the word for it???"

GW: "Confusing?"

MR: "Yes, that's it confusing". "Every * supporter is now upset as that 3rd quarter umpiring display cost them the game!" "You could see we were preparing for an edge onslaught in the 4th but it just wasn't worth it mate."

GW: "So Robbo you don't think it's a bit of swings and roundabouts?" "That game where Draper dived on the ball for example, or * have the best free kick for differential in the competition"

MR: "Maaaaate, * have deserved every free kick they got!" "You don't end up in the top 4 for nuffing".

GW: "Most pundits don't actually have * in their real top 4, a percentage of 99% at this state of the season and presently 0 wins against a top 8 side is reason enough".

MR: "Maaaaate, maaaaaate, I thought you'd be backing me on this!"

GW: "Yes I back you that the state of umpiring is confusing since the change mid-season. What I don't agree with is that 2 contentious calls in the game on the weekend cost a team vying for top 4 to close shop when the game was still there to be won."

MR: "Maaaaaaate, hiccup, belch, sorry." "Where was I?" "Oh yeah mate, I fink * still got robbed". "Someone needs to have a good strong word to Laura Kane on this".

GW: "Well we have her on next!" "So you can have that word then".

MR: flicking through the pages in front of him; "OH, forgot to check my notes on todays guests and agendas".

GW: "That's normal for you Robbo"

Goldstein will be in his 40s, Package will not be in a contract year, bet they'll be stupid enough to re-sign Heppell, Shiels has he played this year?

Their list profile dictates they should be in Premiership contention now. If the AFL is fair dinkum they won't get such a soft draw next year (unless they don't make finals again).
If they don't make the finals, the calls for Hird to be returned as the head coach will start up. Some rich cotterie member will put up the money to sack Scott and they'll bring back Hird to much fan delight... "Whatever it takes... again".

If they don't make the finals, the calls for Hird to be returned as the head coach will start up. Some rich cotterie member will put up the money to sack Scott and they'll bring back Hird to much fan delight... "Whatever it takes... again".

I hope and pray they bring back Hird or at least try and bring back Hird.

Australia and the AFL will be the laughing stock of the sporting world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back