No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond 🥳 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo should be banned from writing, speaking about anything *.

Sure, some of those decisions were contentious, but to blame that on a 45 point loss? Please
If all it takes is a couple contentious free kicks in the 3rd to turn * to rubble and never recover then they’ve got bigger issues than a couple contentious free kicks

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

PEOPLE THEY ARE LITERALLY RUNNING A MONTAGE OF UMPIRING CALLS AGAINST * IN THE 3RD QTR ON 360 RN.

You couldn't make this shit up.
Someone should remind them they won the free kick count 18-15. They are also winning the free kick differential for the entire competition. It's not like that one or two decisions cost them the game.

To be fair, they were absolutely reamed by the umps - dead set looked like match fixing.

Geelong got a bullshit ride against us last time too, similar to the Essendon game killed our momentum every time we threatened. I was absolutely livid and happy to blame the umps for the loss on that occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why I didn't want Brad Scott at Carlton. He was the same at Norf. Always making excuses for losses. "Carlton were 'lucky', we were the better side." "We'll need to 'seek clarification' on some decisions in the Geelong game." Would never hear that stuff from Vossy.

This is why I didn't want Brad Scott at Carlton. He was the same at Norf. Always making excuses for losses. "Carlton were 'lucky', we were the better side." "We'll need to 'seek clarification' on some decisions in the Geelong game." Would never hear that stuff from Vossy.
Voss did say that we needed to seek clarification after the Suns game though.
Which was fair enough, I think that was the worst and most one-sided umpired game that I've ever seen. And we still won.

Sorry, but why should the game be made to suffer because #47 for * does not possess a left foot and therefore compel the aforementioned to rush a point?

Last edited:
To be fair, they were absolutely reamed by the umps - dead set looked like match fixing.

Geelong got a bullshit ride against us last time too, similar to the Essendon game killed our momentum every time we threatened. I was absolutely livid and happy to blame the umps for the loss on that occasion.
I'd be really disappointed if having copped those umpiring decisions our blokes dropped their bundle and got beaten by 45 points. * are experts at finding excuses and hiding behind them.

Kind of happened in the Swans game
Not really. We had a few players out (Saad, Fogarty) were playing two rucks (TDK touched the ball 6 times on the night) and started o.k. with Kennedy on Heeney and cincotta playing back pocket on Papley.

We were ordinary after half time but this game pretty much forced a tactical rethink going to one ruck and Cincotta moving taking his duties further up the ground.

Maybe * use last Saturday night as a learning experience. Seems more likely that they just blame the umpires to me.

Not really. We had a few players out (Saad, Fogarty) were playing two rucks (TDK touched the ball 6 times on the night) and started o.k. with Kennedy on Heeney and cincotta playing back pocket on Papley.

We were ordinary after half time but this game pretty much forced a tactical rethink going to one ruck and Cincotta moving taking his duties further up the ground.

Maybe * use last Saturday night as a learning experience. Seems more likely that they just blame the umpires to me.
Not exactly the same, but we started well, and the umps swung momentum in the 2nd quarter. We should have been 2 goals up at half time, instead of 2 goals down, and then we got smashed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back