Essendon/AFL in secret talks [The Age, 21/8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, another sensationalist headline reflecting the standards of journalism in this country.

I'm sure by "secret talks" they actually mean "confidential negotiations".

No
because Dank has it. The club inquired with Federal police months ago how to force Dank to provide the document. All they could do in the meantime is constantly tell the public that they had the all clear on AOD9604 but none of you would listen because Carowhine and Phatprick told you not to

well that and ASADA - who MUST keep a record of all contact - say they never gave anyone approval for it.

You don't think dank would have shown this if he actually had it? Let your club AND his reputation get flushed down the toilet, all the while hanging on to vital evidence that would clear you both? That is hilarious.
I never said Dank had it but remember Dank has always said he will clear Essendon if he has to. Dank wants to take ASADA down. His hatred runs deep.

You should have an issue. Both ASADA and the AFL lied to everyone to support the "blackest day in Australian Sport"

Thats FAR from proven at this point. I still cant recall a time when the league leveled 25 charges at any club, and four of its officials for that matter. The ASADA investigation isnt complete, and your claiming vindication off the word of one man and a memo.

Who is this Doctor? Seems like he has now changed his tune and says it was the ACC that told him it AOD was legal, and that he never said that he asked ASADA about it, he also now says he does not have it in writing. Seems like a lot of important things Essendon don't seem to have in writing. So my question is who is this guy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good old Sarah certainly banged the last nails into Jimmy's coffin! LOL
The concerned mother who can't be bothered going to any of the 5 meetings. The Mother of a 20 year old about to turn 21 (Stienberg or Merrett) whose son is playing badly because he has lost complete interest in the game.
Stienberg 31 disposals 11 marks in VFL. Merrett back in the seniors and plays well last night.
Hmmmmmm

The concerned mother who can't be bothered going to any of the 5 meetings. The Mother of a 20 year old about to turn 21 (Stienberg or Merrett) whose son is playing badly because he has lost complete interest in the game.
Stienberg 31 disposals 11 marks in VFL. Merrett back in the seniors and plays well last night.
Hmmmmmm

So it's an elaborate ruse because Essendon claim they can't identify her?

Hmmmmmm
So this caller is dismissed as a hoax because she creates a problem for your poster boy. Good to see you have all your ducks aligned

The concerned mother who can't be bothered going to any of the 5 meetings.

Didn't got to the last one, anyway. But her husband went. Good enough.

Maybe she's got a job. Not everyone is a kid who has to get permission from mum to go out at nights. Don't judge everyone by your circumstances.

So this caller is dismissed as a hoax because she creates a problem for your poster boy. Good to see you have all your ducks aligned
I never said it was a hoax. Simply making the point that she is devastated and concerned about the health of her son yet can't be ****ed going down to the club to demand answers.
Also interesting that neither Stienberg or Merrett look like they hate the game.
I think she may be real however there is a bit more to it.
It could be a hoax but that was some performance if so

the assination of this woman's character to protect your hero is nauseating
How does this protect Hird.
Is your hatred of Essendon so deep that you can't acknowledge that there are a few questions about "Sarah"?
So quick to jump on anything anti Essendon yet you have no problem with a disgusting comment on 3AW today.
Why is it you can't stand the thought of Hird having a fair trial and telling his side of the story? Why does he have to be the only Australian Guilty until proven innocent on the back of Contradicted articles?

How does this protect Hird.
Is your hatred of Essendon so deep that you can't acknowledge that there are a few questions about "Sarah"?
the only questions raised have been from essendon supporters

So quick to jump on anything anti Essendon yet you have no problem with a disgusting comment on 3AW today.
i haven't listened to 3AW all day . maybe you should justify this statement. what am i guilty of in regard to a cmment that i didn't hear. if it was offensive i condemn it but your problem from memory is when you see or hear ONE offensive statement you start exagerating and saying things like "lots of", etc. Rather naughty really.

Why is it you can't stand the thought of Hird having a fair trial and telling his side of the story?
happy to hear Hird explain himself. hasnt gone close yet. just talks about that "good place"

Why does he have to be the only Australian Guilty until proven innocent on the back of Contradicted articles?
uhmmmmmm yeah :) *walks backwards slowly*

I think it is more the use of language to discredit again. She could say they were in talks, or negotiating etc, but 'Secret Talks' implies something sinister etc, when it would be standard for anyone in this position. Courts are always the last alternative.

'Corporate Governance,' 'Supplements.' It's a two way street and the governance side of the street has received a lot more traffic.

What happend to hawker83?
His pr on big footy didnt work, his pr in the media hasn't worked, why the f&$k would Hird pay? That's right he is innocent. Sorry I forgot! Essendon continue on. Nothing has happened....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back