Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Adrian Dodoro has turned Windy Hill into a genuine premiership threat.

Ben McKay is a legitimate All Australian contender. Jade Gresham is flying on the half-forward line. And Todd Goldstein has wound the clock back a decade.

Jake Stringer is having an all-time great contract year, his best year yet since his last contract year.

The young core of oustanding talent have all taken a masive leap. Guns like Dylan Shiel and Sam Draper still to come back into the best 22.

I don't know exactly what "the edge" is but this team is playing like it's 1993.

I think they can win it all. And not just this one - maybe a few.

LOL ...

As an Essendon supporter, there are only 8 sides I'd be confident of beating or coming close to if all things were even. By all things being even, I'd say no home-ground advantage and all players fit and firing.

North, Richmond, West Coast, Hawthorn, St Kilda, Adelaide, Fremantle, Gold Coast.

Even though they are better than us, I'd say we're a good chance against Collingwood and Footscray as well.

Form slumps and injuries give us a shot against Brisbane, Geelong, GWS and Melbourne too.

However, you can bank on none of that come finals time and expect all teams that are having form and injury problems now to sort it out by then. If Essendon makes it to the finals off the back of our good start to the year, I can not see them beating any of the other finalists fully prepared for us.

What is a more interesting discussion is the form and development of Bryan, Caddy and Reid in the 2s. More improvement Jones, Hobbs and Tsatsas. And finally the "war chest" available for free agents at the end of this year and next.

homeless GIF

I’m refinancing my assets today to go all in on Essendon.

What is certain at this point is the no finals wins since 2004 streak is over.

They couldn’t possibly miss top 4 from here. No chance. Can’t happen.

And there’s no way possible they would do a Port/Melbourne and go out in straight sets.

I’m refinancing my assets today to go all in on Essendon.
Why did you hope North smash us on the weekend then ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The insecurity from my fellow Bombers supporters in this thread is disappointing, and a little bit cringe (you guys sound proper uptight, its just a game of footy!).

Can I just say that I really do feel something special brewing this year. Can feel it in my gut. I really do think this is the year that our boys win an elimination final.

The insecurity from my fellow Bombers supporters in this thread is disappointing, and a little bit cringe (you guys sound proper uptight, its just a game of footy!).

Can I just say that I really do feel something special brewing this year. Can feel it in my gut. I really do think this is the year that our boys win an elimination final.
If you make top 4 and go out in straight sets that would be pretty special too. Imagine the LOLs.
Maybe that's what you're feeling but you've misinterpreted it.

You're 2nd on the ladder and all you want to win is an elimination final?

Even the more optimistic Essendon supporters are still sad pessimists.

It's clearly been a rough couple decade...

You're 2nd on the ladder and all you want to win is an elimination final?

Even the more optimistic Essendon supporters are still sad pessimists.

It's clearly been a rough couple decade...
An elimination final win is the be all and end all according to the Carlton fan base. The contact vitriol about winning a final means this is the goal (apparently)

This post of yours proves you are trolling

Swans win over the bombers was an AFL plot, it’s clear that the Bombers are the team to beat.
Nah that was before Papley advised us. He told us the edge was fake and that we needed to do it for 4 quarters. After some teething problems, we've done what he advised us. I wonder what other guidance he will give us in the return game to prepare us for finals.

Nah that was before Papley advised us. He told us the edge was fake and that we needed to do it for 4 quarters. After some teething problems, we've done what he advised us. I wonder what other guidance he will give us in the return game to prepare us for finals.

This. Bombers would beat Sydney by 6 goals now they have the edge worked out.

If things go as expected from here they will end up with a home game grand final against the Swans which they should win easily.

I thought Carlton would be first to 17 flags but I could never have imagined Essendon being this dominant.

I honestly had them finishing bottom 4.. but not now. They’re legit.

This. Bombers would beat Sydney by 6 goals now they have the edge worked out.

If things go as expected from here they will end up with a home game grand final against the Swans which they should win easily.

I thought Carlton would be first to 17 flags but I could never have imagined Essendon being this dominant.

I honestly had them finishing bottom 4.. but not now. They’re legit.
Lmao please stop trolling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back