Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, good onya

Have a sook because you haven't won a flag since 2004

Tell that to the Bulldogs fans who waited 62 YEARS for their 2nd ever premiership
Tell that to the Dees fans who waited 57 years to win finally win another flag.

I never saw their fans throw in the towel like all you Port babies, or slag off their coaches like Daniher and Eade... guys who couldn't ultimately deliver a flag, but (like Hinkley) were competent coaches who got their teams within striking distance on multiple occasions

I can't even believe I have these conversations with you lot. You're a waste of time. You are the worst "supporters" in the league. A bunch of sad flogs who give all the true Port fans a bad name
So Port should accept mediocrity because some other clubs have been absolute shite for a long time? Get lost with your dumb logic, Port supporters are trying to avoid being minnows so as to not create a losing culture like the Dees and the Bulldogs had and you think there’s something wrong with that? You think it’s wrong to want success?

Lucky for you, your club doesn’t have such a loser mentality and imagine a hawks supporter saying Ports got the worst supporters of the league, You’re either young or have a bad memory because there was a time where the Hawks couldn’t buy a crowd and even almost merged with the Demons, Get off your high horse

So Port should accept mediocrity because some other clubs have been absolute shite for a long time? Get lost with your dumb logic, Port supporters are trying to avoid being minnows so as to not create a losing culture like the Dees and the Bulldogs had and you think there’s something wrong with that? You think it’s wrong to want success?

Lucky for you, your club doesn’t have such a loser mentality and imagine a hawks supporter saying Ports got the worst supporters of the league, You’re either young or have a bad memory because there was a time where the Hawks couldn’t buy a crowd and even almost merged with the Demons, Get off your high horse
Accept mediocrity ??? What the f**k are you on about, mate? You're tripping...

Port are 4th on the ladder. They are headed towards their fourth Top 4 finish in 5 years. That ain't "mediocrity". Look at all the pumped-up pretenders currently sitting outside of the Top 8 - that's mediocrity.

Port are a big chance to win their second ever AFL flag.

The Swans are currently looking a class above everyone, but a LOT can change from now until September. How often does the dominant H&A team go all the way for 23 rounds + finals to win the premiership? It's pretty rare feat for teams to do that. It's all about peaking in the finals.

Port lost form at the business end of 2023, but there is no reason why they can't correct that and give the flag a huge shake this year. Which teams stand in your way? Swans... Pies... Who else? Cats, Dees, Blues, Giants are all looking shaky and have some major issues... Bombers are flying high right now, but you guys tore them apart. Brisbane could be a threat... But they might also fail to finish in the top 8.

Why don't you try getting behind your team and barrack for them to win the flag. Try it... You might actually like it. It's a hell of a lot more fun to cheer your team coming back from 7 goals down to snatch a 1 point win than to spend the afternoon bagging your club, coach & players.

I had to smile at all the true believers who stayed until the end yesterday and were jumping for joy when DBJ scored. Great times to be a Port fan. A lot better than all the sad sacks on Big Footy who spend their afternoon bagging Hinkley while the game is underway.

I've noticed how all the negative arseholes who claim to be Port fans think they are better than the so-called "Happy Clappers". What a joke... How twisted... They're not better. They are the worst fans. Entitled babies who think their shitty opinions matter.

I've been critical of Hawks coaches and list management over the years, but I usually wait until midweek before I vent my useless opinions about that sort of crap. While the game is on, I usually spend those 3 hours of my weekend watching the fricken game and taking it all in, cheering the good play, fuming at bad umpiring, noting the strengths & weaknesses of various Hawks, admiring & acknowledging the amazing play from opposition guns such as JHF, Butters, Houston, etc

God damn... I feel like I'm explaining footy barracking to a bunch of 6 year olds when I engage with you defeatist, negative, Sack Hinkley flogs. This is basic stuff, mate... Just enjoy the game... Enjoy the fact you have a good team in contention for the flag.. You may not win it... So what? The point is you're a CHANCE.... A good chance... Every normal football fan craves for their team to be in that position... Lap it up, FFS... Get behind your boys.

Last edited:

Port are 4th on the ladder. They are headed towards their fourth Top 4 finish in 5 years. That ain't "mediocrity". Look at all the pumped-up pretenders currently sitting outside of the Top 8 - that's mediocrity.

The Swans are currently looking a class above everyone, but a LOT can change from now until September. How often does the dominant H&A team go all the way for 23 rounds + finals to win the premiership? It's pretty rare feat for teams to do that. It's all about peaking in the finals.

Port lost form at the business end of 2023, but there is no reason why they can't correct that and give the flag a huge shake this year. Which teams stand in your way? Swans... Pies... Who else? Cats, Dees, Blues, Giants are all looking shaky and have some major issues... Bombers are flying high right now, but you guys tore them apart. Brisbane could be a threat... But they might also fail to finish in the top 8.

Why don't you try getting behind your team and barrack for them to win the flag. Try it... You might actually like it. It's a hell of a lot more fun to cheer your team coming back from 7 goals down to snatch a 1 point win than to spend the afternoon bagging your club, coach & players.

I had to smile at all the true believers who stayed until the end yesterday and were jumping for joy when DBJ scored. Great times to be a Port fan. A lot better than all the sad sacks on Big Footy who spend their afternoon bagging Hinkley while the game is underway.

I've noticed how all the negative arseholes who claim to be Port fans think they are better than the so-called "Happy Clappers". What a joke... How twisted... They're not better. They are the worst fans. Entitled babies who think their shitty opinions matter.

I've been critical of Hawks coaches and list management over the years, but I usually wait until midweek before I vent my useless opinions about that sort of crap. While the game is on, I usually spend those 3 hours of my weekend watching the fricken game and taking it all in, cheering the good play, fuming at bad umpiring, noting the strengths & weaknesses of various Hawks, admiring & acknowledging the amazing play from opposition guns such as JHF, Butters, Houston, etc

God damn... I feel like I'm explaining footy barracking to a 6 year olds when I engage with you defeatist, negative, Sack Hinkley flogs. This is basic stuff, mate... Just enjoy the game... Enjoy the fact you have a good team in contention for the flag.. You may not win it... So what? The point is you're a CHANCE.... A good chance... Every normal football fan craves for their team to be in that position... Lap it up, FFS... Get behind your boys.

you've already made this exact post multiple times

A series of fairytale finishes and evidence of being clutch in close games will shift Port's supporters sentiment eventually. When it happens in a close prelim, the lid will finally come off I reckon. 2024-2026 it's just a matter of time. Trust the process. Trust Ken.

why do you care? "trust the process" american garbage fed to losers of loser teams Philadelphia and Arsenal

"trust ken"

what is wrong with these people? too much alcohol?

I don't think Power fans realize that Ken is the only thing keeping them relevant.

Without the comical situation between Ken and Power fans, nobody would even care that they existed.
The AFL is big on entertainment but Port Power as a club are more entertaining than they understand.

Though not for the reasons they think.

Yes they cost us money to keep them in the comp but it is worth it for the LOL's

Posters really need to move their trolling to the Bay, the standard is getting pretty bad on here now
You guys are repeating the same stuff over and over and over. At least opposition supporters roll with what is actually happening as far as current results/performance.

So maybe it should be more a case of Port supporters stop coming here to complain/get upset, then let the neutrals decide what they think.

I believe there is a thread on the Port board for more single minded/stubborn perspectives.

A series of fairytale finishes and evidence of being clutch in close games will shift Port's supporters sentiment eventually. When it happens in a close prelim, the lid will finally come off I reckon. 2024-2026 it's just a matter of time. Trust the process. Trust Ken.

I heard there might be a position available at the Cattery with Ken's name on it before then. Just make sure you have plenty of Coke Zero stocked up for is illustrious return home.

I heard there might be a position available at the Cattery with Ken's name on it before then. Just make sure you have plenty of Coke Zero stocked up for is illustrious return home.
I hope so.

Coca Cola as our new sponsor would be huge for Geelong and Ken would be sensational as Half Cat, if we can find an extra large costume.

Ultimately after 2007 I feel we owe you one though, and a Hinkley premiership would be the fairytale to pay off the whole journey since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only Carlton has the #fairytale tag this year, maybe even the Dons if there season doesn't fall in heap again before finals.
Didn't Hinkley get Vossy's career back on track? So I still wouldn't rule it out.

It's such an even comp that ultimately you are a fool to rule out your team's chances if they are thereabouts. Top 4 and you've got a 1 in 4 shot; favourites can easily stutter. I'd take rolling that die every year for a while until it comes up (see Geelong before they broke through in 2022; Scott's flag in 2011 had nothing to do with that).

God damn... I feel like I'm explaining footy barracking to a bunch of 6 year olds when I engage with you defeatist, negative, Sack Hinkley flogs. This is basic stuff, mate... Just enjoy the game... Enjoy the fact you have a good team in contention for the flag.. You may not win it... So what? The point is you're a CHANCE.... A good chance... Every normal football fan craves for their team to be in that position... Lap it up, FFS... Get behind your boys.
Yes it is mediocrity WTF are you on about? Didn’t bother reading past the first sentence because you have no ****ing idea

I want to know what happened to the old Port Magpie mantra “ we exist to win premierships”

Haven’t heard that for many years.

Port fans have lost all hope even when they have an A grade caliber coach in Kenny orchestrating miracle, nail biting victories of biblical proportions.

I want to know what happened to the old Port Magpie mantra “ we exist to win premierships”

Haven’t heard that for many years.

Port fans have lost all hope even when they have an A grade caliber coach in Kenny orchestrating miracle, nail biting victories of biblical proportions.
Was officially softened to "We exist to win premierships and make the community proud" about 5-10 years back by Koch and the rest of the loser board who have collectively decided that trying to win premierships was too hard and moved the goal posts.

Congratulations to Hinkley, today, for breaking the record of 257 matches of coaching at 1 club with no grand final appearances. Defied the odds doing it at a club that claims premierships are its identity.
He already broke that record in 2022 when he went past Brad Scott.
The record he's set to break next week is the record held by Bill Stephen for most games coached overall at multiple clubs without making a grand final.

You used the argument about saints, dogs and dees having long premiership droughts. But those sides all had coaching changes
Hinkley has been there for 12 years and still has not made it past the prelims yet gets **** all pressure (cf bevo, even Sam earlier this year after swans and GC games)

Therefore to reject the desire to try different is accepting mediocrity. Because the evidence is clear, donuts will not take port to a flag

He already broke that record in 2022 when he went past Brad Scott.
The record he's set to break next week is the record held by Bill Stephen for most games coached overall at multiple clubs without making a grand final.
My bad, he equalled the no coached grand final appearances at 1 or more club record, this week. Brad Scott could pass Stephen's record, this year, too, lol.

Such a wank statement.

1. They aren't in the backwater SANFL anymore.
2. Club Est. 1997.
Says Port isn’t in the SANFL anymore then claims Port was established in 1997, A bit challenged aren’t you? Then again it makes sense, Reading comprehension isn’t the strongest suit of the 97 brigade

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back