Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank God opposition fans are finally seeing it.

Us Port fans have been living in a bizzaro world for a decade.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was probably not the best appointment when he first arrived. Now currently, he's been there too long. He is probably the only senior coach at the moment who's been in the system 10+ years and doesn't have a Premiership, sorry Lyon is included too. Clarkson (4), Hardwick (3) and Chris Scott (2) have won multiple Premierships, whilst Longmire (1) and Simpson (1) are one-time Premiership coaches. I mean look at McRae, he jas been a senior coach in his 3rd season, already has a Premiership.

Eventually things get stale, the messaging gets stale. Time for change, Port Adelaide need change. Doesn't help with President Kochie is a fan of Hinkley too.

Thank God opposition fans are finally seeing it.

Us Port fans have been living in a bizzaro world for a decade.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This looking like a lost spectator on the boundary line is amusing. Has he been doing this for long? As I remember he used to be up in the box with his can of Coke Zero from memory.

This looking like a lost spectator on the boundary line is amusing. Has he been doing this for long? As I remember he used to be up in the box with his can of Coke Zero from memory.

Apart from the occasional aspartame hit, he was equally a spectator up there. Apparently, he reckons a coach can't do much while a game is going, so just sticks with whatever passes for a plan in his mind.

They really are a fake top four team.
In fact are heading towards fake top 8 team territory
Their defence is garbage .
Too many times their players roll the dice only to get it wrong and come up snake eyes more often than not.

That said sacking Ken is not the answer.
Their team outside their 3 star mids is simply mediocre

I don’t disagree that Port have a 5th-12th quality list.

The list being the way that it is is partly on Ken though. Throughout his tenure they have consistently topped up with “missing pieces”, Fantasia, Watts, Allir, Zerk-Fatcher, Motlop, Rioli etc. Their list management suggests they believe they can contend.

If Ken disagrees then it’s on him as coach to say so and shift the strategy. If not then ultimately he is responsible.

Too many times their players roll the dice only to get it wrong and come up snake eyes more often than not.

2 weeks ago when they fell over the line against us really showed where they are actually at.

He looks so...'non coachy' standing around on the sidelines. If you didn't know any better, you'd think he was just some random official. I'm sure his supporters will say that he does all his work during the week, but it really appears like he does SFA. No wonder he rubs Port supporters the wrong way.
Sometimes he puts his headset on to make it look like he is doing something. I am yet to be convinced that the headset is actually plugged in though.

I'm gonna be a contrarian and say yes if Ken somehow gets another extension.

I don't rate him but Port have a solid midfield of young players:
Drew - 25
Rozee - 24
Butters - 23
JHF - 20
Bergman - 22
Burgoyne - 20

The forward line is mediocre currently but I rate Lord and Georgiades and once they are a bit older / bigger they will do well. They probably need to look to replace Finlayson and Dixon.

I reckon they are a few years off premiership window but I can see them getting a flag with their list, the most important thing is to retain the list and keep building.

I feel like it would be appropriate for them to wear the prison bars at this point, their fans are in football jail under this regime.

Fired Up Burn GIF by Pit Boss Grills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kenny does enjoy a victory though. However minor, either during the game or after. He gets a very smug look on his face. Smug Ken I call him.
Not up there with Smug Juddy but then again no one is.
He hurt you really badly it seems. Imagine being their most hated rival and losing a game to them with seconds left and have him carry on like a pork chop in the box.

He hurt you really badly it seems. Imagine being their most hated rival and losing a game to them with seconds left and have him carry on like a pork chop in the box.
Who's their most hated rival? Which game was he carrying on like a pork chop?
I'd actually say he is not an overly demonstrative coach but gets a certain smugness about him when things are going well. A sh*t-eating grin if you will.

One can have an observation about a particular person based on years of watching footy and not have directly related to any one game. Kind of the opposite of recency bias.

This is a dumb post. The entire list has been turned over under Ken's watch. Every single assistant has been turned over. Why does the head peanut get infinite chances?

AFL world is shit scared of Port being shit because they become a financial black hole when they do.
It is a really odd phenomenon that Port's few years in financial disarray gets continually brought up, yet every club in the league has been through such challenges or continue to be in such challenges bar the Crows and possibly Essendon in the 30 or 40 years.

AFL world is shit scared of Port being shit because they become a financial black hole when they do.
In 2022 when port missed the 8 (11th) their home attendance ave dropped below 30k
If they were btm 4 it might dropped below 20k
Kochy is a smart operater.
Ken has them contending every year
Business is good

WCE would have twice the impact if they went broke as your circus act. Usual Port delusions of grandeur don’t apply in AFL world - you’re squibs.

It is a really odd phenomenon that Port's few years in financial disarray gets continually brought up, yet every club in the league has been through such challenges or continue to be in such challenges bar the Crows and possibly Essendon in the 30 or 40 years.
Port was very close to having to fold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back