Essendon are soft.

Remove this Banner Ad

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
For all the talk about not wanting to be labelled a soft team since the now famous quote against the Kangaroos a few years back the Bombers are still SOFT!!!

They even rival The Ghostbusters would-be destructor.

They proved it against Port on the weekend.

They proved they are vunerable when having to play quality opposition away from their soft and comfy dwellings of the MCG and Colonial stadium.

The excuse was thrown around that they had 1 tough game last week (yet again in Melbourne). Yet isn't every week a tough game... well almost... but last weeks conditions were perfect... not wet and soggy which would drain the players energies... not as physical as some games and rather open and free flowing.

So how was this a tough game???? one wonders!

Yet Port leading into the game had played just about everywhere possible in OZ in the last 5 weeks and clocked up more frequent flyer points then the WHINGING Bombers have so far this millenium (and that is including the Bombers and of season trips).

They had to play Brisbane... in Brisbane, probably the hardest trip in the AFL.

As for the Port v Essendon game... well Essendon proved once again they can't hack the tough stuff. Port knocked the crap out of the Physically and on the score board in the Ansett Cup and did so again on the weekend. And the Bomber players didn't like it, which is why many of their players retaliated giving away unnecessary frees... see Sheedy's comments after the game.

The Bombers players themselves... oh where to start...

well Barnes and Allesio between them couldn't win a Tap even if they were the only ones with tickets in a Tap raffle. Allesio isn't a ruck or a forward and is More-A-Lessio ****.

Hird - has great skills but when things aren't going his way he spends half the time sooking to the umpires... he makes complaining soccer players look like angels. Especially after Wanganeen wrapped him up in a tackle on the out HF flank... Hird just dropped the ball once caught and expected a free... sorry James but dropping the ball isn't a legal disposal and it wont go on your stat sheet.

Lloyd did well to end up with 4 goals from limited opportunities with his dead eye kicking. Well held most of the day the goals he did get were quiet fortudious or from perfect delivery. Still maybe he kicks so wel because his shorts don't get in the way... how can this be possible with shorts so big you ask... well because they're pulled up his butt and almost upto his neck. I mean you almost can't see any of that "Proud" Red and Balck strip. That's probably why the umps love him... because they only see him in almost all white and confuse him for either a fellow umpire or a Marshmello on legs.

18 year Guerra did well to kick 4 against the AFL best defence... could any of these so called superstars stop this undersized kid???
Tredrea and Cornes ripped them apart too... again see above.

Wellman did do well but had too much ground to cover and kept the Bombers in the game early whilst Lloyd was shaving off his bumfluff in the 1st half.
Hardwick should change his name to Softprick so his name will more reflect his team.

Bomber were lucky Dew had an off game... he wont kick 4 points in a game again this year.

Well that is almost all from me, but you may wonder why this attack on the league leaders???
Well it is because they are sooks... seeing how their players reacted to the physical pressure during the game was bad enough but then to read the following in an article on their website takes the cake:

"...
Port Adelaide came out hard in the opening term and was rewarded with a 16-point lead going into the first break. However Port’s approach riled some Essendon players who saw Mark McVeigh, Mark Mercuri then James Hird bear the brunt of some uneccessary Power aggression.
..."

Especially the last line... but for crying out loud guys... if you can't stand the heat then go back to the little VFL pond... you're in the big league now

SKC

Originally posted by kaysee
Hird - has great skills but when things aren't going his way he spends half the time sooking to the umpires... he makes complaining soccer players look like angels. Especially after Wanganeen wrapped him up in a tackle on the out HF flank... Hird just dropped the ball once caught and expected a free... sorry James but dropping the ball isn't a legal disposal and it wont go on your stat sheet.

SKC

Interesting dilemma for the umpires "do I go for wangers or hirdy ? It's all too hard"

Yes, it was a TROLL.

But I am not new to BigFooty, although this is a new account, and it wont be my last post.

I explained the reason for the orignal post at the end of that post.

But hey the issues still stand even without the bagging tone...

1) Essendon didn't handle Port's pressure well.
2) Essendon are like housewifes... or househusbands... ie almost always at home.

NOTE: this might become a problem for them when the AFL GF is eventually moved away from Melbourne, once the lengthy contracts with the MCG run out.

3) Barnes and Allesio hardly make half a ruckman.
4) The excuse of that Essendon had a hard game the week B4 doesn't hold water.
5) Hird is marvelously skilled... but seeks t he umpires too often.
6) Lloyd has great leg and strong grab, but he STILL looked after by the man in white.
7) Your website still sooked about Port playing the game too tough.

SKC

Yes, it was a TROLL.

But I am not new to BigFooty, although this is a new account, and it wont be my last post.

So tell us why you are being so gutless by using an alias. What is your usual nic:mad:

Originally posted by mantis
Yes, it was a TROLL.

So tell us why you are being so gutless by using an alias. What is your usual nic:mad:

No more of an alias then yourself. I have nothing to hide or fear, I make comments and/or debate and will galdly admit when I am wrong.

As for my normal nickname ... well it has been a number of months since I have had the time to post here myself (working 60 hour weeks, studying part-time at Uni and a family make it hard to find spare time), but i have still tried following threads here and there.
I couldn't remember my orignal account information so I signed up again.

But thanks for the personal interest Mantis.

SKC

I'll just say this: I know James Hird does some miraculous things but he does make alot of mistakes for being the 'best player in the land'. I've watched him quite a bit and he makes alot of sloppy kicks and missed marks. Still, he's a good player...

I agree

I guess truth hurts doesn't it Bomber fans. Remember back to rnd 3, when the mighty blue baggers flogged the soft **** bombers without 3 of our superstars. Carlton played tight tough committed footy all night, and Essendon crumbled under the pressure.
Essendon lose roughly one in every 7 games, and the next time that happens could be preliminary final. Or this week again against carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Catman
Don't we like a few harsh comments Essendon? Have a loss and now we become all nasty.
You lot are quick to dish it out when you win but can't take it when you lose. What sore losers you are.

Who's being a sore loser? :confused:

Essendon are not capable of handling pressure yet have only lost 3 games for the year. Does that mean that constant pressure has only been applied in those three games? If so the AFL needs to be modified because in order to have a vibrant, exciting competition more than 20% of teams need to be able to apply pressure. I think that Essendon have done very well this year for a team that can't handle pressure.

Originally posted by mustapha
Essendon are not capable of handling pressure yet have only lost 3 games for the year. Does that mean that constant pressure has only been applied in those three games? If so the AFL needs to be modified because in order to have a vibrant, exciting competition more than 20% of teams need to be able to apply pressure. I think that Essendon have done very well this year for a team that can't handle pressure.

mustapha...you're not allowed to speak the truth here!! :eek: It gets in the way of others having a good 'ol rant.

Every game that Essendon has played in has been a 'pressure gane'. Everyone wants to knock them off. To say that Carlton, Brisbane and Port have been the only teams to apply pressure, is just plain stupid. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by topdon

mustapha...you're not allowed to speak the truth here!! :eek: It gets in the way of others having a good 'ol rant.

Every game that Essendon has played in has been a 'pressure gane'. Everyone wants to knock them off. To say that Carlton, Brisbane and Port have been the only teams to apply pressure, is just plain stupid. :rolleyes:

Turlough orignally said they were beaten by teams playing TOUGH football and the pressure was the result.

Sure there is Pressure in every game and Essendon handle it well but what the question remains if they can handled the TOUGH STUFF???

Let alone handle it interstate??

on this years results one would say NO.

SKC

kaysee,
Essendon can handle what they dish out...and they have dished put quite a lot this season (like they did in 2000). Just seems that our players have been undicipled when they have confronted teams with a more in your face attitude.

It's not like we have been disgraced in our losses either. In all our loses this season, we were in a position to win in the last quarter. The boys must be doing something right.

It's convenient for some of you to say that the three losses were only a result the opposition's tough footy.

Sure there is Pressure in every game and Essendon handle it well but what the question remains if they can handled the TOUGH STUFF???

So there's only been tough stuff dished out in three games? LOL!

Let alone handle it interstate??

on this years results one would say NO.

Played three, won one lost two. That's what I'd call a valid statistical sample Scott. How many teams have lost less than four games on the road in the last three years?

Interesting that Essendon didn't handle the pressure well, didn't play all that well, only had half a ruckman, spent all day looking for the umps and still only lost by seven points on your home ground.

And yer dreamin if you think the GF will be played anywhere other than the 'G mate. Dreamin!

Dave...

Yes games as tough as the PA v Ess game don't come along too often a season. Just check out most media reports which said the game had the same intensity as a final. If this is true then maybe it will Essendon who wont handle the finals too well.

2nd... it is pretty easy not to loose more then 4 road games when they are lucky to play on the road more then 4 times a year. So that brings this debate to Earth with a THUD.

3rd... Yes they lsot by 7 points... mean while what's your point??? So they didn't play well... would that be due to Port's physical toughness and pressure??? YEEEPP!!!
Again most reports said that the standard of the game was pretty high... and from my viewpoint it was too.

The fact it was so close was because the umpires handed them at least 3 goals, and Port should have kicked straighter. Port missed 3-4 gettable goals with no pressure on them from any Essendon players.

Lastly the GF will ONEDAY be played somewhere else apart from the 'G. You living in the past if you think it wont. AFL will go the way of the Superbowl in the US and move around the country.
So I will dream but it is us dreamers who move this world forward, not those who sit idle in satisfaction.

So keep sitting Dave, keep sitting.

SKC

did anyone both to read that??

i read the first 2 paragraphs, and got bored with it...

you are an idiot kaysee... who do you support? please dont say the pies.. you are a disgrace

they are by far the best team in the comp.. if they aresoft i'd hate to see em as tough as nails...then they would be unbeatable!

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon are soft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back