Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Im going further that the club is sitting in it's own bathwater at the moment. We seduce players to come to Essendon on the proviso of "big games", "big crowds" but not in the business of actually winning things. The stench of the glory days the same coteries are clinging onto will haunt us until someone in the football department actually takes control of the team.

Right now the club is going to go around and around in circles and no matter what he come out and say, will be the same shiut until they actually show the fans that things are changing not chucking a new driver in the seat of this train wreck like they've done for 15 years.

You want to win the fans over? sack Dodoro on Monday. You want to continue to build trust in the fans things are changing? force Heppel to retire. Force Goldstein out. Make a hards ****ing list call and trade Parish as he cant co-exist with Merrett I the same team. You want to make a substantial change? Actually up the ante with the VFL program, that's has cocked and when it looks like going nicely, they become content and the young (VFL) players leave. It is an absolute shit show right down to the fact we play some matches at Windy hill and some at Tullamarine. Which one is I? You want to stay true to your heritage or you want to move into the 21st century?

FFS, I switched off half way through the second half and watched Banshee (TV Series, do rate it) but from the stat line and the commentary ive seen, it was a train wreck we see at this time of the year every year.

At the moment, we don't have the balls to make tough list calls nor anything deeper into the football club. I was never seduced by the results earlier in the year. It was just another false dawn. By round 24, we will be where we truly should be. Bottom 6

He did a lot of good for the club after realising what a shambles it was in at the time, he assisted in the multi-million dollar development of the new training facilities, really helped the coaches behind the scenes at the time, was a big fan of Robinson and how he helped Geelong's fitness/strength. The Dank thing was something they didn't expect, had that not happened i wouldn't be surprised if Mark had of turned the club around from 2012. If you take out the whole supplements scenario, such a missed chance for the club.
In my opinion, the 2014 off season was a real fork in the road for Essendon with the choice between Hird and Thompson to coach them.

Had they stuck with Thompson, and he continued to coach them in 2015 and beyond, the club would have been much better for it.

Last week was their finals chance slipping away.

Today was just a humiliation.

Sometimes though there can be positives from horrific results, it can spur things into action and actually affect real change.

Nothing I've seen from Essendon in the last 20 years suggests that they're capable of any real change though.

Why would a coach have any involvement at all?

Because Thompson knew the difference between Geelong and Essendon in terms of what works and what doesn’t. Hence why things changed fast when he was hired.

He provably had some of idea of real estate planning as well. It wasn’t just him, obviously, but the initial ideas.

Because Thompson knew the difference between Geelong and Essendon in terms of what works and what doesn’t. Hence why things changed fast when he was hired.

He provably had some of idea of real estate planning as well. It wasn’t just him, obviously, but the initial ideas.
He certainly had some renowned off field "business" nouse 👀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheedy off the board is an absolute MUST. The club will never progress while it continues to look in the rear view mirror about how good & big it is!

Once Sheeds goes, the rest of the club will be allowed to do things the modern way. Dodoro will go too. The yesteryear types will be phased out and it can be a real club. Essentially right now they’re 10ish years behind Richmond, who turned it around, but each year they keep Sheedy & Dodoro is another year further.

Thanks for Massimo fellas. Do the Bombers happen to have any other players with decent footskills on the cheap that we can re-program?

Looking at the best 22 today it doesn't seem like hitting a target is a requirement to getting selected.

It's like Scott decided having one decent kick in Martin is enough and crammed the side full of potatoes who can run.

Martin chooses kicks like he’s Jordan Dawson & then actually kicks like Andrew Gaff

Martin chooses kicks like he’s Jordan Dawson & then actually kicks like Andrew Gaff

I thought he was a weapon in his first season off a wing. Seems he's gone backwards.

Im going further that the club is sitting in it's own bathwater at the moment. We seduce players to come to Essendon on the proviso of "big games", "big crowds" but not in the business of actually winning things. The stench of the glory days the same coteries are clinging onto will haunt us until someone in the football department actually takes control of the team.

Right now the club is going to go around and around in circles and no matter what he come out and say, will be the same shiut until they actually show the fans that things are changing not chucking a new driver in the seat of this train wreck like they've done for 15 years.

You want to win the fans over? sack Dodoro on Monday. You want to continue to build trust in the fans things are changing? force Heppel to retire. Force Goldstein out. Make a hards ****ing list call and trade Parish as he cant co-exist with Merrett I the same team. You want to make a substantial change? Actually up the ante with the VFL program, that's has cocked and when it looks like going nicely, they become content and the young (VFL) players leave. It is an absolute shit show right down to the fact we play some matches at Windy hill and some at Tullamarine. Which one is I? You want to stay true to your heritage or you want to move into the 21st century?

FFS, I switched off half way through the second half and watched Banshee (TV Series, do rate it) but from the stat line and the commentary ive seen, it was a train wreck we see at this time of the year every year.

At the moment, we don't have the balls to make tough list calls nor anything deeper into the football club. I was never seduced by the results earlier in the year. It was just another false dawn. By round 24, we will be where we truly should be. Bottom 6

I understand the urge to trade Parish, but surely the Bombers will be paying a good portion of his salary for the next 4 years? You won't have the draft capital to do a Gold Coast and hand over a pick to make salary cap space. Mind you, I guess you guys have room in your cap still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back