Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon have Fremantle, Suns at Marvel, Sydney and Brisbane on their run home.

They've lost their last 3.

Could they finish the season 0-7? If the suns game was away I'd say there's a 90% chance they didn't win another game.
Will beat suns

Martin chooses kicks like he’s Jordan Dawson & then actually kicks like Andrew Gaff
I think he's started to copy what Merrett does. When Merrett takes a mark or gets a free kick, he rarely goes back and instead stands next to the guy on the mark and peels off a kick around him. He looks like a tosser doing it but he's such a good kick that nearly always pulls it off.

Nic Martin has obviously been drinking his own bathwater and thinks he can pull off the same trick too but the problem is he's not as talented as Merrett and butchers it more often than not. He needs to go back to basics instead of playing like a smartarse.

We deserve everything that comes from the media and opposition fans this week.

Media can still be half the problem. Wayyy you too many high profile and behind the scenes media people (Murdoch inc) who support the Bombers and angle discussion away from them or stupidly pump them up.

Essendon will continue to middle about while the tail continues to wag the dog or have so much influence.

Don't, they get what they deserve.

Loving the plunge from second spot into the abyss, like that scene from the Holy Grail
It was obviously gonna happen. I called it when they were in second place, I'm surprised more people didn't.

They need the catharsis of bringing back Hird as coach to let him run his natural course (ie. coach until retirement, or until the fanbase organically wants him gone).

Too much listening to the outside noise. They've done things the way the outside world would have done it, literally bringing in the AFL's man in Scott. Here they are. Time to reclaim some identity.

They are in the luxurious position of having Anzac Day and a commercially-friendly fixture every year. For all their fans talking about droughts or being in the wildnerness or bottoming out, it's not really bottoming out until the media starts to ask if you should relocate or merge. Until you're trapped on the Fox Sunday game with no hope of ever playing Friday night. Until you're the Victorian team other Victorian teams become comfortable playing in relocated home games. It'll never really be "bad" for Essendon, they just don't win as often as their fans want.

Let them do it their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My hate for Essendon peaked during the doping/cheating scandal. Now I just feel sorry for them.

They're in the Freo/StKilda/North basket of being an inconsistent rabble. Never being able to hold it together for long enough to get anywhere.

Hey, I resent that !.

Why are you letting Carlton off the hook ??.

I understand the urge to trade Parish, but surely the Bombers will be paying a good portion of his salary for the next 4 years? You won't have the draft capital to do a Gold Coast and hand over a pick to make salary cap space. Mind you, I guess you guys have room in your cap still.

That’s why it needs to be done.

When Sam Mitchell decided we needed to trade OMeara and Mitchell (and pay for them to play elsewhere), the reason was because they wanted Newcombe and Day to be getting more midfield time.

Bombers need to be doing the same. Durham and Caldwell are the future. Build around them in the midfield and basically everyone else is expendable.

Last edited:
That’s what it needs to be done.

When Sam Mitchell decided we needed to trade OMeara and Mitchell (and pay for them to play elsewhere), the reason was because they wanted Newcombe and Day to be getting more midfield time.

Bombers need to be doing the same. Durham and Caldwell are the future. Build around them in the midfield and basically everyone else is expendable.

I can't even think who might want him though. Who has the biggest midfield holes?

I can't even think who might want him though. Who has the biggest midfield holes?
Paramount Pictures Yes GIF by IF Movie

Not sure we are trading our first for Parish though? Freo have the draft capital but I doubt they need Parish. Maybe Richmond?

Saints, but we don't want anything they have got.
Our bottom 4 midfield destroyed theirs on the weekend.
Talk of Sheil, give me a break. Oil's himself up like a port star to show his guns.
Epitome of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Gutless frontrunner. Only one of their pint sized manlet midfielders is their captain and they wouldn't let him go.

Would be nice symmetry on the Carlisle trade though, Essendon have Gresham that we drafted with 14, they have Parish who they drafted from pick 5.
Will give Essendon a late second for him. Oh wait that late second is slated for Jack McCrae, have to be a 4th.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back