Essendon the underachievers of the last 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

essendon underachievers? no way, they've managed to achieve new and innovative ways to cheat since the early 90's. give them some credit.

Originally posted by Ibeeza
Won 4 flags? No.

Bought 4 flags? Yes.

Just accept it Poncho. This list you have "developed" from draft rorting and under the table payments is hardly an acheivement to be proud of.

Remember the 2nd semi in 95? The cheating arrogant scum were up by 5 goals at half time and we trounced you. It proves that money can buy ability but it can't buy heart.

This is the funniest schit I have read in a long time. A Richmond supporter trying to bag us. Got bored wiyth bagging Spud and Richo have we?:eek:

The heart was there, just not the skill. Skills can be developed. You either have heart or you don't. You don't.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ANNOY THE F*** OUT OF ME.

By all means have your opinion. Present your constructive criticism.... DO NOT just come on here and troll away.

You're beyond pathetic.

Originally posted by Pevers-Legend
This is the funniest schit I have read in a long time. A Richmond supporter trying to bag us. Got bored wiyth bagging Spud and Richo have we?:eek:

Pevers you tool. I'm not trying to bag you, I AM bagging you. Essendon is the most despised team in the competition, bar none. You were cheats, are cheats and will forever be cheats. Your mates at the AFL have escaped you from copping what Carlton did. I am no Carlton fan by any means, but they got caught once - you have been caught 1...2...yes 3 times.

Don't think you are the Man U of the AFL either. You are the Milli Vannili of the AFL. Dirty cheating scumbags.

Pevers you tool. I'm not trying to bag you, I AM bagging you. Essendon is the most despised team in the competition, bar none. You were cheats, are cheats and will forever be cheats. Your mates at the AFL have escaped you from copping what Carlton did. I am no Carlton fan by any means, but they got caught once - you have been caught 1...2...yes 3 times.

Don't think you are the Man U of the AFL either. You are the Milli Vannili of the AFL. Dirty cheating scumbags.

That time of the month?:eek:

Originally posted by Ari
PEOPLE LIKE YOU ANNOY THE F*** OUT OF ME.

By all means have your opinion. Present your constructive criticism.... DO NOT just come on here and troll away.

You're beyond pathetic.

Obviously an Essendon supporter who can't take other people's opinions. Pure arrogance as usual.

Originally posted by Pevers-Legend
Quality post - keep em coming.:eek:

****ters-Legend after 923 posts that was a **** weak reply. We were talking about underachievers weren't we? Well what is your response to this? Have you underachieved? Answer that with both eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whinge whinge whinge

we're more of an AC milan anyway.

Ibeeza's gripe is valid.

Essendon and Carlton's systematic rorting of the system to achieve success has not only inflated the ego's of their (in essendon's case) often moronic fans but has effectively robbed other teams of the chance to win premierships.

So, ****ters-Legend as Feel the Heater so appropriately named you, pull your head out of Lloydy's date for a second and just acknowledge the fact that your club have cheated, still cheat and will continue to cheat

All I'm reading is "BLAH BLAH BLAH, my team's done jack**** for the best part of 25 years"....
Ibeeza....just a question....you're a richmond supporter??? how old ru??? were u even alive when the tigers last had any kinda success (i mean premierships, not "we made it to the QF once in the last 5 years or so"...)???
When you're team puts REAL players on the ground, then come and talk to us...

Originally posted by MrFurious
All I'm reading is "BLAH BLAH BLAH, my team's done jack**** for the best part of 25 years"....
Ibeeza....just a question....you're a richmond supporter??? how old ru??? were u even alive when the tigers last had any kinda success (i mean premierships, not "we made it to the QF once in the last 5 years or so"...)???
When you're team puts REAL players on the ground, then come and talk to us...

You are Furious as your name suggests.

I am a Richmond supporter, yes my team has been ordinary for many years and I was alive (just) for our last premiership.

But I'll never respect a cheat.

Originally posted by Finchy
essendon underachievers? no way, they've managed to achieve new and innovative ways to cheat since the early 90's. give them some credit.

THE MOST RECENT SAGA OF ESSENDONS MALICE CHEATING:

You should reconsider the term cheating by the way.

Kerry Packar payed $70 tax last year. Did he cheat? No. He simply bought the best legal advice and accountancy advice possible.

There is a different between cheating and utilising the rule to your fullest advantage. That's not cheating, that's just plain good business sense.

AFL chairman Ron Evans said Essendon had acted "responsibly" when it sought legal advice from "a reputable" legal firm and then sought a second opinion. "Essendon, when they determined that in fact the breach had occurred, they acted quickly to rectify it and they terminated the appropriate arrangements," Evans said.

"We felt that in view of the fact it was a technical breach, in view of the fact Essendon had co-operated totally in the matter, we believe it was appropriate that a fine be applied."

Also from the Herald Sun: The breaches, which involved payments to champion duo James Hird and Matthew Lloyd in exchange for the rights to their internet domain names, were "not a premeditated attempt" to rort the salary cap, the league said, which meant that the Bombers did not lose selections in next month's national draft.

See exceprts below taken from (http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/printpage/0,5942,7456451,00.html):

The charges, under Rule 17.5, relate to payments made to Hird and Lloyd to exclusively write for and endorse Essendon's website, essendonfc.com.au.

The payments are believed to amount to $50,000 each. An extensive AFL audit of the club found no other player payment breaches.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou would not discuss penalties yesterday – it's expected to be a fine – but stressed the Bombers had fully co-operated with the AFL and, pointedly, the breaches were not similar to Carlton's.

"But this is not Carlton.

"The Carlton issue was systematic rorting of the highest order, something we haven't seen before. This is nothing like that.

"And, as I said, Essendon has co-operated fully with Ken Wood (AFL investigator)."

Despite not contesting the charge, Essendon, which sought legal advice over the payments, yesterday maintained it had acted "fairly and reasonably".

The Bombers will argue Hird's contract was in fact less than what was offered from AFL website, afl.com.au, for a similar service.

Hird: "There were legitimate reasons for the club purchasing my internet rights," he wrote.

I will now ask... are Essendon Cheats?

Originally posted by Ari

Kerry Packar payed $70 tax last year. Did he cheat? No. He simply bought the best legal advice and accountancy advice possible.

There is a different between cheating and utilising the rule to your fullest advantage. That's not cheating, that's just plain good business sense.

AFL chairman Ron Evans said Essendon had acted "responsibly" when it sought legal advice from "a reputable" legal firm and then sought a second opinion. "Essendon, when they determined that in fact the breach had occurred, they acted quickly to rectify it and they terminated the appropriate arrangements," Evans said.

"We felt that in view of the fact it was a technical breach, in view of the fact Essendon had co-operated totally in the matter, we believe it was appropriate that a fine be applied."

Also from the Herald Sun: The breaches, which involved payments to champion duo James Hird and Matthew Lloyd in exchange for the rights to their internet domain names, were "not a premeditated attempt" to rort the salary cap, the league said, which meant that the Bombers did not lose selections in next month's national draft.

See exceprts below taken from (http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/printpage/0,5942,7456451,00.html):

The charges, under Rule 17.5, relate to payments made to Hird and Lloyd to exclusively write for and endorse Essendon's website, essendonfc.com.au.

The payments are believed to amount to $50,000 each. An extensive AFL audit of the club found no other player payment breaches.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou would not discuss penalties yesterday – it's expected to be a fine – but stressed the Bombers had fully co-operated with the AFL and, pointedly, the breaches were not similar to Carlton's.

"The Carlton issue was systematic rorting of the highest order, something we haven't seen before. This is nothing like that.

"And, as I said, Essendon has co-operated fully with Ken Wood (AFL investigator)."

Despite not contesting the charge, Essendon, which sought legal advice over the payments, yesterday maintained it had acted "fairly and reasonably".

The Bombers will argue Hird's contract was in fact less than what was offered from AFL website, afl.com.au, for a similar service.

Hird: "There were legitimate reasons for the club purchasing my internet rights," he wrote.

Please don't compare Essendon to Kerry Packer bad point to make, Can see what u were trying to say though.

Essendon paid less than the Afl offered Lloyd and Hird,

Most clubs have cheated Essendon more than most but not near as much as Carlton.

We learnt our lesson, this recent saga was no more than the indian giving AFl being ****ed off that Essendon runs its own website.

Originally posted by Ari

In short................................we cheated!

Originally posted by Ari

and I will now ask, Mr Legal Eagle.....did you just write that or is that the template response provided by the EFC.

Cheats.

Ari.

I agree that there are several different degrees of cheating, several different ways of cheating and several different words we can call cheating such as "business sense" using "loopholes" to avoid rules

in the end you cheated though. you did it. you paid players for domain names. domain names!

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon the underachievers of the last 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back