EBUS

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
What a game this shapes up to be. Essendon are looking to beat the Blues for the fifth consecutive time and the Blues will be hungry to smash the Bombers after a heart breaking 4 point lost in Round 3 this year.

Essendon
B:
Henry Slattery, Tayte Pears, Dustin Fletcher
HB: Courtenay Dempsey, Cale Hooker, Heath Hocking
C: Kyle Reimers, Ricky Dyson, Brent Prismall
HF: Angus Monfries, Scott Lucas, Jason Winderlich
F: Andrew Welsh, Matthew Lloyd, Alwyn Davey
Foll: Patrick Ryder, Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton
I/C: Sam Lonergan, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Andrew Lovett, Hayden Skipworth
Emg: Bachar Houli, Michael Hurley, David Zaharakis
In: Slattery, Lovett-Murray
Out: Mark McVeigh (susp), Adam McPhee (calf)

Carlton
B:
Paul Bower, Michael Jamison, Aaron Joseph
HB: Dennis Armfield, Bret Thornton, Steven Browne
C: Kade Simpson, Chris Judd, Heath Scotland
HF: Ryan Houlihan, Jordan Bannister, Nick Stevens
F: Eddie Betts, Brendan Fevola, Setanta O’hAilpin
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs
I/C: Mark Austin, Andrew Carrazzo, Shaun Grigg, Shaun Hampson
Emg: Brad Fisher, Jeff Garlett, Jordan Russell

In:
Thornton
Out: Jeff Garlett

Tip: Carlton by 10 points

this one should be a great game. these teams play some close ones a lot. in the end i think essendon should prevail with to much speed for the improving calrotn. essendon by 39

First time i can say i have been geniunely looking forward to a Blues v Bombers game and expecting to see one!!

Should be a good game of footy....

Just on a side note, what happened to Cameron Cloke? Injured or Dumped?

Can't believe they dropped Garlett, thought he was looked quite good v the Saints. The G should suit a quick crumber pretty well as well. Maybe a case of once bitten twice shy as they were found a tall short last game.
4 changes from last time for the Bombers, 9 for the Booos (by my count).
Basically 4 tall defenders for them, 5 if Setantrum drops back, don't really know how the match-ups are going to go.
Shapes as another good match.

The Blues starting 22 has light years more talent than the Dons, it's just a question of whether they'll use it. If they do, the Dons will be lucky to get within 50 points. Looking forward to Setanta's game at CHF. Showed a lot of promise there last week V Saints. With his height and athleticism, he'll be a very difficult matchup for a struggling Essendon defense, especially with all the attention on Fev. There is absolutely no way Knights will let Fev go one out with any of his defenders - it'll be a 3 V 1 at a minimum. So there''ll be opportunity for others. The Blues midfield looks powerful, but what hasn't been appreciated is the Blues 2nd tier midfield group has been strengthened in recent weeks, and it was actually these midfielders who got the Blues back into the game in the 2nd quarter V Saints. Also interesting that both Austin and Thornton are playing. Suspect one of these will play the role of the 3rd tall forward. Wish Garlett was selected - bit unlucky to be dropped. Predicting a close game. Blues by 42 points. :)

i am tipping the dons in close one. they have the edge over them in the last 2 years and i just think the running brigade can do it. the match up i am looking forward to is hopefully lovett and joeseph. to young gunns going at each other should be a cracker. fletch being back is handy and lucas is starting to get back into a groove as well

i am tipping the dons in close one. they have the edge over them in the last 2 years and i just think the running brigade can do it. the match up i am looking forward to is hopefully lovett and joeseph. to young gunns going at each other should be a cracker. fletch being back is handy and lucas is starting to get back into a groove as well

Does Fletcher have a matchup in this game? Knights will be very reluctant to play him on Fev after some of the huge bags he's kicked on him before, especially at the G. He'll probably end up playing on Setenta who isn't an ideal matchup either because Setanta will drag Fletcher out of his comfort zone, because he plays the role of a leadup forward, using his speed, height and leap to advantage. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we can keep fev reletively quiet then we will win if he has a day out like he usually does against us we will lose....pace will worry blues...we usually have slow starts then come back...bombers by 3 goals

Quite sad that some Blues supporters think they will win by 50+ :cool:

Bombers by 34, we'll take it away in the second-third quarter.

Does Ablett ever break away from a pack like that and hit his forward on the move with a defender behind and in front from 55?

No. That's why Judd is the best player in the AFL.

Man that was brilliant.

Does Ablett ever break away from a pack like that and hit his forward on the move with a defender behind and in front from 55?

No. That's why Judd is the best player in the AFL.

Man that was brilliant.

Hey Captain Deuchebag, go watch an Ablett highlights package and you will see him hit Mooney, Johnson, hell even Hawkins and Lonergan that many times lace out after bursting from a pack its not even funny....yeah and he often takes the ball out of the centre and goals himself :) i.e First 11 seconds of the Melbourne game this year....

Judd is the man though; ****ing beautiful, but he ****ed up his next kick into the forward line :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back