Other Teams
DOCKERS
What do you expect?

Chris Tarrant was ????? ????? in 2007

1) a raging success: >200 marks, >40 goals, leads goal assists,

2) an excellent acquisition: >170 marks, >35 goals, top 2 for goal assists

3) worth the trade: >150 marks >30 goals, top 3 for goal assists

4) didn't live up to the hype: >100 marks >20 goals, top 5 for goal assists

5) a smoking drinking piece of Collingwood sh*t: <100 marks, <20 goals, not top 5 for goal assists

This is all bar injuries.

think you guys really done good with this trade , hope no other carlton supporter see's me writing this , but i think you guys done good, i wouldnt mind tarrant at carlton , and tarrant will do very good for you guys next year . GoodLuck

Got to be number 3. Either way you will want him to do something having given up picks in the much hyped super draft considering your the the 3rd oldest playing list. Will want a flag in the next 2 years with the help of Taz and Soli as the long term success of the Dockers is not being thought about and Taz and Soli would be considered bad moves should you not win that elusive flag

Won't live up to hype!

As Usual!

Yes Docker fans Tarrant must fire for you to go all the way.I have no doubt that tarrant will play very well for the dockers in his first year.But make sure he doesn't shoot for goal he must give the pill off to the Pav or farmer because he will get the yippetts,He will no doubt regain his confidence and improve in time but that hard surface on the subi ground and his shins could become a problem.Just remember he played in 2 grand finals with collingwood and did not do much.If he had of kicked staright in 2002 we (collingwood) could have won that grand final and inb 2003 he went missing .He is a great player on his day but i after 9 season's with the pies i am yet to be convinced that he is a big game player.Pav and possibly farmer are big game players they love the pressure.Pity collingwood missed out on pav when he was drafted.We had the chance to get him via a 3 way deal funnily enough with Richmond but silly collingwood went for Mckee and some dud called Danny Roach who didn't play a senior game.Now if had the Pav in 2002 we definately would have won that flag.Anyway good luck tazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Number 3) should be worth acquiring instead of worth the trade. Giving up 2 good players and a first round pick will only be worth it if Tarrant dominates and/or we win a flag.

I think he'll be handy, averaging 8 marks, 15 possessions and 2 goals a game.

dominguez said:
Number 3) should be worth acquiring instead of worth the trade. Giving up 2 good players and a first round pick will only be worth it if Tarrant dominates and/or we win a flag.

How did we give up 2 good players? We got 42 back and basically picked up Solomon with that (plus 47 while getting back 52).

So we lost 2 players outside best 22, picked up 2 players, one who is a cert for best 22 while the other could be.

And we gave up pick 13.

dominguez said:

Yep.

15 possies 8 marks and 2 goals while setting up goals would be his objective.

Kenny_01 said:
How did we give up 2 good players? We got 42 back and basically picked up Solomon with that (plus 47 while getting back 52).

So we lost 2 players outside best 22, picked up 2 players, one who is a cert for best 22 while the other could be.

And we gave up pick 13.

The fact that Medhurst and Polak weren't in our 22 at the end of the season is irrelevent. We got pick 8 for Polak and 13 and could have had a 2nd round pick for Medhurst. So we traded pick 8 and 20something for a guy that we may or may not need who may or may not perform.

I doubt we would have picked up Solomon if we weren't interested in Tarrant. He had a poor season and will be on the fringes of our 22.

dominguez said:
The fact that Medhurst and Polak weren't in our 22 at the end of the season is irrelevent. We got pick 8 for Polak and 13 and could have had a 2nd round pick for Medhurst. So we traded pick 8 and 20something for a guy that we may or may not need who may or may not perform.

I doubt we would have picked up Solomon if we weren't interested in Tarrant. He had a poor season and will be on the fringes of our 22.

Yeah but we got 42 back as well and that was basically used to get Solomon.

We lost 63 but that is insignificant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Expectations on Tarrant next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back