F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope Webber hasn't shafted Oscar with the McLaren move, if he has trouble handling the car as the last 2 in the seat have he'll look like a knob for burning his bridge, all that's considering he gets the ok on Monday, if not how awks would it be in the alpine garage!

Awesome weekend from DOO. Sneaky chance for 2024? Who knows with Alpine.
Will be interesting, especially if he’s competing for the title next year in F2 which he should be. probably depends on who they get this year, would have been perfect to slot in after Alonso if he was still there or maybe if Ric goes back and continues to struggle.

But if they get a Gasly or similar then I’m not sure where he’d fit for a while as they seem invested in Ocon.

Has to happen, he's just marking time at AT.
Don't think it will, they'd be TO French, hard to explain that comment but I worked for a French exploration company for quite a long time and projects were never as successful when there were to many french involved as compared to a mix of nationalities, they overthink things WAY to much

What strat should Max & Charls be on from the back? Start off on the hard, run long and come home strong on the meds on a 2 stopper? Or Medium - Medium - Soft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a bad feeling for the 2 Aussie drivers for next season. Danny Ric I can’t see being in a competitive car and Oscar I’m just hoping Mark Webber hasn’t screwed him with some poor strategy. What if the contract board rule against him, Alpine don’t want him back, Otmar absolutely trashed him and his reputation. We know the McLaren is a pig of a car that only suits Lando.

I have a bad feeling for the 2 Aussie drivers for next season. Danny Ric I can’t see being in a competitive car and Oscar I’m just hoping Mark Webber hasn’t screwed him with some poor strategy. What if the contract board rule against him, Alpine don’t want him back, Otmar absolutely trashed him and his reputation. We know the McLaren is a pig of a car that only suits Lando.
Alpine will take him back or why dispute it?

Alpine will take him back or why dispute it?
Alpine will just want compensation for him, i think he is going to be at McLaren next year almost certainly

No chance he races for Alpine next year imo

If Alpine don’t want him back then they’ll have to let him walk where he’ll have suitors everywhere - the McLaren does suck, I’m always harping on about how poor the McLaren is but you’d still rather be there than a backmarker

Alpine will just want compensation for him, i think he is going to be at McLaren next year almost certainly

No chance he races for Alpine next year imo
Agreed, I think he's done, sadly.

If Alpine don’t want him back then they’ll have to let him walk where he’ll have suitors everywhere - the McLaren does suck, I’m always harping on about how poor the McLaren is but you’d still rather be there than a backmarker
The problem is Lando can make him look really bad

If you race in a backmarker against a Mazepin level driver you can ease in to it without scrutiny.

Having Lando pants you looks a lot worse.

Yeah youd think so and regardless he'd get snaffled up by another team quick smart but if he doesn't perform he'll look like a knob, a lot of added pressure for a young fella.
Absolutely, i find it a really strange career move.

Driving at a solid mid car like Alpine would have been a great start for him. Not like McLaren is any huge upgrade if it even is one, but now it will come with so much more scrutiny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back