F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that was a weird qually haha very underwhelming in the end,

But the race is set up beautifully, Charles & Max coming through from 15th & 16th, Fernando & Lewis on the 2nd row will be huge. Good starting point for Ric but geez the Williams isn’t going to be easy to pass on these straights.

Very keen for this one

I don't check gambling odds for personal reasons, but would this be a race where the dude starting 15th is favourite?

Red Bull are pantsing everyone, I wouldn't bet against Super Max in Belgium or for the rest of the year. Mercedes must be disappointed they are so far off after the gradual improvements leading up to the summer break.

I don't check gambling odds for personal reasons, but would this be a race where the dude starting 15th is favourite?

Red Bull are pantsing everyone, I wouldn't bet against Super Max in Belgium or for the rest of the year. Mercedes must be disappointed they are so far off after the gradual improvements leading up to the summer break.

Just checked Betfair's Outright Winner market for the race then:

VER - $2.70
SAI - $3.90
PER - $4.40
LEC/HAM - $16.50
RUS - $29
Everyone else $90 or above

Hrmm....could be worth chucking a sneaky $10 on HAM....probably his best chance of a win with VER/LEC starting behind in amongst the pack...only takes one bad T1 accident at the start to wipe them out. The MERC was OK on race pace and generally looks better on Sunday's than they do on Saturdays this year.

Just checked Betfair's Outright Winner market for the race then:

VER - $2.70
SAI - $3.90
PER - $4.40
LEC/HAM - $16.50
RUS - $29
Everyone else $90 or above

Hrmm....could be worth chucking a sneaky $10 on HAM....probably his best chance of a win with VER/LEC starting behind in amongst the pack...only takes one bad T1 accident at the start to wipe them out. The MERC was OK on race pace and generally looks better on Sunday's than they do on Saturdays this year.

Better - but enough to overcome the 1.8 second per lap difference that we saw last night?

You can never write off Mercedes sure but you're throwing money down the toilet imo.

Better - but enough to overcome the 1.8 second per lap difference that we saw last night?

You can never write off Mercedes sure but you're throwing money down the toilet imo.
I mean if all things stay the same, then yeah, VER should be able to win and Merc won't finish on the podium, hence the $16.50 odds.
But all it takes is VER/LEC tripping over each other at the start to put a dampener on their charge through the field, Ferrari to **** SAI on strategy (very possible) and HAM to match PER on track, and he would be in with a pretty good chance. Also meant to be a bit warmer for the race compared to Quali, and the MERCs seem to come into their zone as it warms up.

This just feels like the type of race where HAM could pull a rabbit out of the hat while others around him trip up, I mean unlikely but he is #blessed 😅.......then again, my Betfair account is empty for a reason so it will probably stay that way for now haha

I mean if all things stay the same, then yeah, VER should be able to win and Merc won't finish on the podium, hence the $16.50 odds.
But all it takes is VER/LEC tripping over each other at the start to put a dampener on their charge through the field, Ferrari to * SAI on strategy (very possible) and HAM to match PER on track, and he would be in with a pretty good chance. Also meant to be a bit warmer for the race compared to Quali, and the MERCs seem to come into their zone as it warms up.

This just feels like the type of race where HAM could pull a rabbit out of the hat while others around him trip up, I mean unlikely but he is #blessed 😅.......then again, my Betfair account is empty for a reason so it will probably stay that way for now haha

Gamble responsibly, didn't you pay attention to that tiny disclaimer at the end of all those gambling ads? lol

Anyway just want an exciting race to not make me regret staying up late on a Sunday night - again.

Was there yet another excuse for Ric that was not his fault?

Because this was objectively one of his best opportunities to put his car on the first couple of rows if he really wanted to send a message that he wasn't done in F1.

Lots of cars taking penalties, Norris gave him a tow and a Williams outqualified him. How desirable could he really be looking right now? Need to be able to capitalise on your opportunities and he just doesn't look likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

got 2 hand it 2 alonso he does get the most out of his cars. not sure y he chose aston martin tho.

spongebob squarepants interview GIF

Anyone else just wish Otmar would shut the * up now? It seems like multiple times a day he is doing interviews slagging off Piastri and it is getting boring.
Its amusing if you ask me, been hanging shit on him in every single interview while also saying we expect our contract means he has to drive for us.

If they really did believe that they would be still talking him up not taking pot shots.

Reality vs Perception is what we are dealing with here.

- Mclaren got danny ric to say mutual agreement to parting ways and this has to come out 1st so it doesn't appear as though they knifed him for a rookie the second they could.

- Alpine have to make it publicly look like they have a case for Piastri to drive for them next year even though every man and their dog knows they ****ed up big time and have already lost him

Looking into next week expect Alpine to issue a statement saying they mutually agreed to part with Piastri before the CRB meeting or wait until afterwards and claim they are seeking financial compensation/will now begin search for a driver to fill alonso seat. Mclaren will then announce Piastri before the next GP and Alpine will announce Danny Ric at/before Monza.

The aim, to fool everyone into thinking Piastri did Alpine dirty, Mclaren didn't do danny ric dirty and this entire process was all done professionally when in reality mclaren and alpine have done a deal about $$$ to swap piastri and Riccardo over the summer break.

wait until afterwards and claim they are seeking financial compensation
This is what I am expecting basically everything since the day or two after Piastri's announcement that Otmar has said has been about - trying to recoup some of the $5m they claim they have put in to Oscar with testing using the old car etc. He/Alpine need to save face with the parent company

This is what I am expecting basically everything since the day or two after Piastri's announcement that Otmar has said has been about - trying to recoup some of the $5m they claim they have put in to Oscar with testing using the old car etc. He/Alpine need to save face with the parent company
McLaren might have to pay Alpine for 2 drivers next year

You could almost lock in this being agreed on already, danny ric wasnt taking that payout without a seat for next year already done
You would think Daniels contract would be more expensive than Oscars, so a cost swap wouldn't quite work (where McLaren pay for Daniels seat at Alpine, and Alpine pay for Oscars seat at McLaren. Alpine would win that financial relationship)

1. alonso is super rich. money is of little concern.

2. there was a bees dick between the annual alpine monetary offer and that of aston martin. the telling factor was terms - a.m offered a slightly longer term.

3. still think it’s odd 2 chose a much lesser performing outfit thereby diminishing his impressive driving record 4 an extra 12 months.

1. alonso is super rich. money is of little concern.

2. there was a bees dick between the annual alpine monetary offer and that of aston martin. the telling factor was terms - a.m offered a slightly longer term.

3. still think it’s odd 2 chose a much lesser performing outfit thereby diminishing his impressive driving record 4 an extra 12 months.
More than 1 year at AM (was reported as multi year), Alpine offering 1+ 1option year at a time and with the Piastri seat issues looming large, he secured a seat in 2024. I do wonder if Webber and Alonso compared notes from contract meetings and determined that at least 1 driver was being lied to and Alpine couldnt possibly accommodate all the "promises" being thrown to get signatures on paper.

+ is reportedly chummy with Lawrence Stroll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back