F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

is it any coincidence that they’re the only team without sidepods and have the worst porpoising or is it purely ride height?

Yeah not a coincidence and I think they've now overcompensated by bringing in an extra-stiff floor and trying to run the thing slammed on the ground because that's what the other teams can do.

As much as I want that, I doubt he gets turfed out mid season. Be unfair to Oscar to have to come to grips with a car he hasn't had any testing with, in a team he has never interacted with, for half a season.
He has already signed for next season, from what ive been reading its almost inevitable Latifi loses that seat before the end of the year

Just finished the race, was a late start for me.

Had to laugh at Norris, it made no sense to start Ricc on hards if they never were going to give him the place when he had pace in the hards window, was consistently within drs of Norris and never made a move. "It was for strategy", the smart strat was changing earlier.
They simply don't have the car, wouldn't have made up a place but for the retirements. AT look to be getting better and alpine will challenge their contructors place too

Ferrari butchering the last few races is ruining the contructors race, hope they get it together.

Russell doing well, I think the commentary talk less about him in a merc than in the Williams, all Lewis. We didn't hear any Russell team radio. Was he complaining also about the ride?

Last edited:
Ok, just finished watching the race.

RBR: Good start from Perez, wasnt helped by a slow pitstop but VER had him beat on pure pace so was always going to end up behind him (For those calling VER #blessed because the Ferrari's blew up...dont forget that VER had DNF's that were out of his control at the start of the year as well....)

Ferrari: LOL. nuff said

MERC: RUS is doing the best he possibly can in that shitbox of a car. Constantly getting podiums when the car really shouldn't be there, and picking up points when the Ferrari/RBR in front have issues. HAM....it wouldn't be an F1 race if HAM isn't complaining on the radio when he isn't winning. Also MERC, stop crying about your drivers backs when you have a very easy solution, just rise the cars ride height....I'm sorry that the drivers have to go through the pain but the constant complaining on the radio, etc just feels like its grandstanding and trying to get the court of public opinion to turn in their favour. Even if they lost a few tenths a lap they've still got 3rd locked in for the WCC.

AT: GAS doing everything he can to get a seat at a top team, another good drive. Has been super consistent. TUS with some bad luck today with the DRS wing breaking in half...had a good laugh when the gaffa tape came out...they don't call it "100 mile an hour tape" for no nothing haha

AM: VET still has more to give F1 I believe, and can easily go around again next year. Was very unlucky with that lockup when attempting the overtake earlier on during the race, could have matched it with HAM today I think. STR........better luck next time

Alpine: Car was a monster in a straight line today, good drives from ALO and OCO.

McLaren: They really ****ed up RIC's race by using him as a rear gunner for NOR. I actually do rate NOR more so than quite a few others around here, but his whining when being told to stay behind RIC at the end of the race was pathetic.

McLaren: They really ducked up RIC's race by using him as a rear gunner for NOR. I actually do rate NOR more so than quite a few others around here, but his whining when being told to stay behind RIC at the end of the race was pathetic.

I don't think anyone doesn't rate Lando highly. Hell, I think he is on a level with Max, Charles, and George and that he makes the McLaren look like a better car than it is which in turn makes Daniel look worse. Put Lando in a title contending car and he will win a title, IMO.

Daniel 'I'm 3 seconds behind Lando but I'm faster, let me past' was whinging? Colour me surprised.

He was within DRS range and was constantly closing the DRS early to avoid overtaking Lando. After a while he dropped back when he was told Lando was managing tyres and he should as well. He then sped up again when Lando did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel starts saying he's faster let me past if he's even on the same lap as lando and can see him out in the distance LMAO. Does it any race he's near him, then goes no faster when they let him thru.

So, he’s saying McLaren isn’t going fast enough to porpoise?

Nice smooth ride to 9th.

The McLaren was but I think the difference with him and George versus Hamilton and Daniel is age.

Seriously who is this Naomi chick that she’s even doing interviews.
Naomi Schiff, she is an ex-driver who raced professionally for about 10 years as well as a year in the W Series. She is also part of the Sky F1 broadcast team. Its not like she was just some random celeb that knows nothing about racing.

Naomi Schiff, she is an ex-driver who raced professionally for about 10 years as well as a year in the W Series. She is also part of the Sky F1 broadcast team. Its not like she was just some random celeb that knows nothing about racing.

When she talks about the technical aspects, she comes across as very knowledgeable so to hear this isn't surprising. Her interviewing skills need work but I feel like she at least has an interest in what she's doing and can improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back