F1 F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone with hand on heart didn’t think that McLaren could turn it around and be with the front runners this year?
The history, the romance of McLaren always would be the preferred destination over Alpine. Changing one’s name doesn’t automatically bring success.
Oscar and Webber made the right call when McLaren came calling. Especially when there was absolutely no guarantee that the Alpine F1 seat was vacant, let alone that it would be gifted to Oscar.
Wonder how many of those screaming about this move would have been happy if Oscar was shifted sideways to Williams?

Why would you assume they could? McLaren have been average for years now, why would they all of a sudden turn it around?

I dislike McLaren. Not really a fan of Oscar atm either. But I do want them to be better to shake things up. Can't have RB and Merc winning every title for the next 20 yrs. Which will probably happen. Interesting to see if AM can improve year on year from now. The new Audi team could be something in a few years

If a seat opens up at Ferrari, Mercedes or Red Bull the man 1st in line for that seat is Norris and the best way to take that mantle is to beat the guy that has it in equal cars.

Mclaren, Alpine, etc are stepping stone teams now they will never win championships
yep. it's out of three and it's not gunna change anytime soon. with one a standout.

talk about stating the flipping obvious. webber is weight in oscar's saddle bag, piss him off. oscar seems very level headed and tuned into to knowing where he is and what he needs to do.

talk about stating the *ing obvious. webber is weight in oscar's saddle bag, piss him off. oscar seems very level headed and tuned into to knowing where he is and what he needs to do.
Mclaren have been overly pumping up his tires so the danny ric dump decision looks justified to the public, I've got no issues with mark as his manager tempering expectation that he should be already surpassing norris.

The combined effect is that fans are happy with his current output but not impatiently waiting for more which allows oscar to simply focus on doing just that without the media pressure.

Mclaren have been overly pumping up his tires so the danny ric dump decision looks justified to the public, I've got no issues with mark as his manager tempering expectation that he should be already surpassing norris.

The combined effect is that fans are happy with his current output but not impatiently waiting for more which allows oscar to simply focus on doing just that without the media pressure.
agree there's still some anti ric sentiment at mclaren. norris doesn't mind sticking the boots in ether. in my view oscar would have been better served staying at alpine. he and ocon would have made a good team. webber hmm! haven't heard much from him until now.

CCTV connection at the circuit in Canada is not functioning properly & practice has been aborted:

Opening free practice at the Canadian Grand Prix was hit by power and communications infrastructure problems that ended the action after only five minutes on Friday.
To the frustration and growing annoyance of drivers, teams and a big crowd at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, the only running saw 12 cars make brief ‘installation’ appearances before a red flag.

In a statement, the FIA said the restart was delayed “due to issues with the local CCTV infrastructure around the circuit. The local organisers are working to resolve the issue and until that time we can’t restart for safety reasons.”
A later statement added that “the CCTV is not synched correctly and until the issue has been fixed we cannot run on track. This system is a local installation and they are continuing to work to resolve the problem.

With heavy rain forecast for later Friday or Saturday, the absence of a first session was a setback for all involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shame qualifying is at 04:00 Perth time because it might be the most interesting session of the year with the rain.

What the f was Sainz doing not getting out of the way, that could have been a disaster. God he's a dumb driver.
Albon is smashing it atm
Sainz seems to be having a horrid weekend where it comes to blocking. He's either not got any awareness this weekend, or he's not getting good info from his team. Or a combo of both.

It always strikes me as incredible that these guys can complete a lap in these conditions, let alone a race. I know we collectively mock/criticise certain drivers, but they're all pretty damn impressive to be able to get the car around the track in this weather, compared to us mere mortals.

HULK

hulk screaming GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back